0 (0%)
No, because his Grace would redeem the Fallen and make the coin inert
4 (23.5%)
No, because cats are already possessed by demons
2 (11.8%)
No (other)
7 (41.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Denarian Host Compatibility Survey  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Denarian Host Compatibility Survey
« on: July 03, 2021, 10:04:12 PM »
Simple question.

If yes, what coin and Fallen would you want to see him with? What would his battle form be?

If no, then that's boring, but okay.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Denarian Host Compatibility Survey
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 10:15:01 PM »
Nope, can't. Mister is a quality of power above the denarians. It'd be like trying to subvert God.
Course, I'm convinced cats are immortal creatures born into a mortal avatar. Only two things appear perfectly as what they are in Harry's sight. Mavra an mister. Outside entity born inside. Made "manifest".

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 11:10:19 PM »
He'd probably bat the coin around for a bit just to toy with the fallen inside, then give Mouse a shot at actually hurting it (I don't know if it would work, but worth a try) once he got bored.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 11:16:50 PM »

If Mister took up a coin the Fallen in the coin would soon regret it.. 

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 10:01:27 AM »
The battle form of a cat is a cat, obviously. Best a Fallen could do is make the claws longer to go after bigger prey.

That said, I don't think cats fall into the right category of being. They don't have human-enough souls to be part of the free will rigmarole.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 10:15:35 AM »
The battle form of a cat is a cat, obviously. Best a Fallen could do is make the claws longer to go after bigger prey.

That said, I don't think cats fall into the right category of being. They don't have human-enough souls to be part of the free will rigmarole.

Cats invented free will... ::)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 04:44:31 PM »
Battle Cat!!!! Masters of the universe!!!
LOL
I don't think they would be compatible. Cats are just too unique. I don't think a Fallen could even put a shadow into a cat's brain, if the cat doesn't want to. And even if it can, the cat would definitely rule. So no Fallen would risk being trapped in a cat.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2021, 05:28:55 PM »
So no takers yet on the idea of Mister taking up Dierdre's coin, regrowing his tail, and in battle form having nine razor sharp whip-tails on his razor sharp steel haired body, to have a fight scene between him and Nemesith?

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2021, 06:01:41 PM »
Ok so I'm not sure if Mister could take up the Coin. I believe it comes down entirely to free will.  But for the sake of conversation I voted yes, but it would roll away (after he took it up to save Harry, and then kicked the Coin tot he curb afterwards)...

I see Harry in deep trouble, and Mister taking up Urumviel..  However because Mister is a quadruped he would take on a different appearance than a person who took up the Coin.  He'd still be covered in muscle, and leathery plates but he'd actually transform into a much more humanoid shape accept for a large, terrifying cat like head, and clawed hands.  He'd stand around seven feet tall, weight around 500 pounds, and would tear into Blood on his Soul. 

After a savage, and bloody battle, Mister would remove the Coin from Blood on his Soul, leaving him permanently dead.  He'd then transform back into his cat form, dropping both Coins, and run over to Harry.

Kind of like this:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 07:03:00 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline SoftManacles4MagiHackers

• Lurker
  • Wizard Modernization Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2021, 08:30:26 PM »
mister would take up the coin because cats are the embodiment of free will, so compatible on that end. Also, cats are selfish and take things they don't want/need anyway(I miss not having to sneak my hair ties back), so no refusing an actual gain. he would immediately use it to be able to communicate with Dresden/other slaves in a lazy fashion, like telepathy. Dresden can't pretend he doesn't realize mister wants out now... Also, cats now replace the churches holding facilities, as they are collectively too lazy to take over the world, have cultures worship them as gods so the demands wouldn't drive humans insane, and the demons have no control at all in the situation. All in all, send them to an Egyptian cat worshiping temple and nothing changes in the world with all coins in relatively harmless use.
Gifted teenagers should have developed some DIY technological protection by now. Give me my internet!!!