Author Topic: Would Cowl after successful Darkhallow been as strong as Ethniu?  (Read 15074 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Would Cowl after successful Darkhallow been as strong as Ethniu?
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2021, 09:54:03 PM »
Cowl appeared to do it because at the time he felt like he had no choice, it was a last resort.  That's how I remember it anyways.  Maybe he doesn't want to do it, and only felt he had to at the time.

For someone who was really reluctant, he went through a lot of trouble to get the information to do it..

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2021, 06:42:21 AM »
For someone who was really reluctant, he went through a lot of trouble to get the information to do it..

I believe it's because there was a race against the Kemmlerites wasn't there?

Maybe there was more to the Darkhallow that we aren't aware of.  Maybe it can be done every 13 years or something.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2021, 08:06:58 AM »

Maybe there was more to the Darkhallow that we aren't aware of.  Maybe it can be done every 13 years or something.
There is a lot of preparation if you want to do it well. They helped each other with the preparations and tried to kill each other off as well.

And there was all the plotting to keep the white council occupied during the event. Cowl has to do everything by himself now.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2021, 10:00:48 AM »

I thought Cowl was a Kemmlerite, at least Kumori was and she tried to stop Harry from stopping Cowl.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2021, 12:21:48 PM »
I thought Cowl was a Kemmlerite, at least Kumori was and she tried to stop Harry from stopping Cowl.
Kumori was a necromancer and is presented as Cowl’s apprentice or ally. Both are not necessarily Kemlerites, he denied, but it is still possible.

I think Cowl was white council and became outsider pawn.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2021, 07:24:50 PM »

When Dresden called him that, he appeared disgusted by it.  So I don't think he considers himself to be one.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2021, 09:55:08 PM »

He didn't decide to shut it down once Harry and Carlos had killed Corpsetaker and Grevane, though. He decided to take it over anyway.

The "only trying to do it to stop either of the other two from completing it first" talk was his propaganda to make himself look not so bad to Harry and Kumori.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2021, 06:43:09 AM »
There is a lot of preparation if you want to do it well. They helped each other with the preparations and tried to kill each other off as well.

And there was all the plotting to keep the white council occupied during the event. Cowl has to do everything by himself now.

Of course I just remembered.  He doesn't have Bob, OR The Book of Kemmler...  So he probably couldn't try it again.  The spell is probably to precise to do from memory.  that would explain why he hasn't tried it again too.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2021, 10:16:42 AM »
Of course I just remembered.  He doesn't have Bob, OR The Book of Kemmler...  So he probably couldn't try it again.  The spell is probably to precise to do from memory.  that would explain why he hasn't tried it again too.

I agree with that, or Cowl is a powerful badass wantabe...

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2021, 11:12:23 AM »
Except that once read another necromancer immediately understood and Harry understood as well. Apparently once you know it is not that difficult to remember
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2021, 01:54:07 PM »
Except that once read another necromancer immediately understood and Harry understood as well. Apparently once you know it is not that difficult to remember

Perhaps, but harder than one thinks to pull off.. Or as I said earlier, Bob never gave him all he needed to know to pull it off.

Offline legendarycreamer

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2021, 05:55:02 PM »
Wait how do we know cowl is working with outsiders? I must have terrible memory..

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2021, 06:33:05 PM »
Wait how do we know cowl is working with outsiders? I must have terrible memory..
Cowl brought the athame to Bianca in grave peril so she could give it to Lea. In white knight Vittorio called cowl his master and according to Lash Vittorio was possessed by an outsider.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline legendarycreamer

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2021, 06:35:33 PM »
Ah yes, I remember now, thanks!

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2021, 07:07:12 PM »

Harry knows because Lash absorbed the book and transferred it to Harry's mind.  If it was so easy to remember, why would Kemmler write it down for anyone to use when he could just memorize it, and keep that powerful knowledge for himself?