Author Topic: Would Cowl after successful Darkhallow been as strong as Ethniu?  (Read 14962 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Would Cowl after successful Darkhallow been as strong as Ethniu?
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2021, 02:19:45 PM »
Well, he is still a god. The Erlking started healing straight away too. But it's more about reputation as much as physical survival. When you live by your name and your deeds, protecting it is vital. Even if the story isn't true. So it would be bad to build a story on losing to Ethniu unless there was a longer term gain. Occam's razor - they lost to Ethniu.

No, they didn't lose, as planned, Odin's spear blew up in her face and Lara kicked the Eye from her head, she limped off, weakened and set up for Harry to finish the job... I call that a win for the team.  A loss would have been not succeeding in getting the Eye out of her head and thus Harry not able to ship her off to Demonreach, even with Marcone/Namshiel's help.

Offline K.L.O.E.

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2021, 06:33:23 PM »
Agreed. That man has a reputation to uphold!
Clever bit of wordplay on Jim's part. I too have wondered before about the connection between Zeus and Vadderung. The spear didn't have any associations with lightning really that I recall from my study of Norse mythology, and I was quite into it for a while. That being said often such tools are allegories for natural phenomena. Still, could well be a hint.

If Zeus and Odin were one and the same, I wonder if that means there are actually less gods overall and they just go by a different names and identities to different cultures. A sort of original family of gods. Not saying this is the case though.
Well, he is still a god. The Erlking started healing straight away too. But it's more about reputation as much as physical survival. When you live by your name and your deeds, protecting it is vital. Even if the story isn't true. So it would be bad to build a story on losing to Ethniu unless there was a longer term gain. Occam's razor - they lost to Ethniu.

Exactly my point. Kringle allowed it once, but only once, and was saying "if you wanna see how it would really go down then step up". He let Harry win easily. And he did it so Harry had the necessary tools to defeat the Outsider attack on the Demonreach. So there was a clear gain too.

Good point about the lightning from Gungnir, in the MCU its a flamethrower but I can't remember if it's actually one in mythology. Maybe Odin stored mjolnir in the spear until Thor decides to rejoin the fight?

I could see there being a sort of Mega-Skyfather that sits behind most of the major pantheons but I hope there is some differentiation between Odin/Zeus and Thor/Hercules.

No, they didn't lose, as planned, Odin's spear blew up in her face and Lara kicked the Eye from her head, she limped off, weakened and set up for Harry to finish the job... I call that a win for the team.  A loss would have been not succeeding in getting the Eye out of her head and thus Harry not able to ship her off to Demonreach, even with Marcone/Namshiel's help.

They fought to win, but had a plan for when Ethniu beat them.
Kyle Lowry
Everything

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2021, 08:02:08 PM »
EDIT: Also, I just realised this answers my intial question. If Cowl with the darkhallow was a full-on equal to Mab, he isn't as strong as Ethniu. Ethniu was an order above Mab.

I don't entirely agree with this.  We don't really know Ethniu's actual power level in comparison to Mab.  We know what she can do with a super weapon, and nearly indestructible armor, but not what she alone can do.  Look at a Knight of the Cross...  With a Sword they can slay just about anything.  Without it they are just normal people who don't stand much of a chance against a run of the mill vampire.

Ethniu is obviously powerful, but I'm still not convinced she's above Mab.  She was no longer in power for a reason.  She'd been hiding away for a reason.  She returned for a reason.  My guess is she finally obtained the weapon, and armor she needed, and an army to match.

If she didn't have the armor, I suspect she'd have been stomped by Titania, Erlking, and Odin.  Mab took the full on blast from the Eye that Jim said could kill anything.  She took it and survived.  Another shot would have finished her, but it goes to show her level of strength.  I also imagine that if Mab had the armor, and the Eye, she'd be nearly unbeatable.

Jim gave a short list of people who could stand with Mab (in her weakest state), and it was pretty short.  I'd imagine with the same armor, and a super weapon that could kill anything, that list would be much shorter.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2021, 08:04:35 PM »

I thought it blew up in her face but I'm pretty sure it stated that it struck her like a snake.  I think it stabbed her in the eye, and it caused an explosion.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2021, 08:49:26 PM »
I thought it blew up in her face but I'm pretty sure it stated that it struck her like a snake.  I think it stabbed her in the eye, and it caused an explosion.

Well, Odin had a lot to do with that..  You're right, I was speaking metaphorically.

And, twenty yards away, the swirl of battle stirred. and I saw One Eye's shadowy form on the ground where he had fallen.  He lifted his head.  He opened his eye.  It gleamed like a smoldering coal in the shadow.  And Odin, Father of the Aesir, spoke, his voice a deep resonance that shook the air with gentle power.  "Gungnir." I knew the translation of the weapon's name, a bit of useless trivia that had stuck in my head.  Swayer.A rune burst into scarlet light upon the Spear's blade.  And like a snake, the weapon of the gods the Titian had stolen turned in her hand, whipping about with lightning speed.  As it did, runes burst into light all along the length of the blade and haft alike, suddenly blazing with energy.  And the weapon plunged with vicious, absolute precision into the Eye of Balor.

That didn't happen by accident, it wasn't a desperate move from a loser, it was planned.  The only way to get the Spear into position so it could take out the Eye was to trick Ethniu into thinking she had defeated Odin and taking the Spear for herself.  She may have had it in her hand, but Odin had absolute control over it, all he had to do was say the word, and it did it's job.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 08:51:59 PM by Mira »

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2021, 10:06:52 PM »
I also think it is very unlikely that Odin and the other planned to loose. But I do think it is very likely that he considered the risk of loosing and planned for mitigating the results of it.

The risk was quite high, Ethniu could have killed them with the eye when it was done recharging.

I think it is impossible to guess what Ethnius power level would be without the armor, so I will only consider it with the armor.

I don't think that god cowl would have been able to beat Odin, Titania (at mid summer no less) and the Erlking at once. I don't even think he would have had a good chance. So * would say he would be personally weaker.

But naturally a smart bad guy is often more dangerous than a powerful one outside of a fight.

But of god cowl had tried to do something similar to what Ethniu did the leaders of the accorded nations would have just killed him. As far as I could tell the main reason they were concerned with ganging up on Ethniu was that she would kill them with the eye. So someone had to take the first shot(s).
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 10:11:05 PM by TrueMonk »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2021, 03:57:18 AM »
I also think it is very unlikely that Odin and the other planned to loose. But I do think it is very likely that he considered the risk of loosing and planned for mitigating the results of it.

The risk was quite high, Ethniu could have killed them with the eye when it was done recharging.

Though there are hints that they had done their calculations, how much injury they could sustain but at the same time do damage.  They fought like a wolf pack, one on one with Ethniu, they could and maybe would lose, but together, each willing to take a blow while doing damage to a part of her, weakened Ethniu, and in the end, dislodged the Eye. 

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2021, 08:54:09 AM »
I just found this WOJ:

"Quote from: Warden John Marcone on March 04, 2009, 05:48:02 PM
I’m still curious about who could hurt Mab.  Other than Titania, nobody comes to mind.

Hmmm.  In terms of pure, raw power, several who have appeared or been mentioned in the books could pull it off, though neither side would really “win” as much as “continue to exist.”  Plus, the sudden absence of Mab would do freaking HIDEOUS things to the earth.  But here’s who has the necessary horsepower do it:

o   Titania–though it would be a coin toss.  Almost literally.
o   The Mothers (who wouldn’t)
o   The White Council.  As in, ALL the White Council.  Every wizard on the planet.  And they’d need her Name.
o   Drakul.
o   Ferrovax.
o   The Red Court–again, ALL the Red Court, though their odds wouldn’t be good.
o   The entire White Court–very, very long odds on that, but if they actually pulled it off, whoever took Mab would effectively control her power.
o   Cowl (if the Darkhallow had succeeded).
o   A union of the old Elders of the Black Court.  They were freaking scary until the Whites arranged to have them hounded down by mortals.

All of that, of course, assumes that Mab is standing there alone, outside of Faerie, and not commanding an entire nation, literally millions and millions and millions of nightmarish creatures of every description.  Which she does.

There’s a REASON that when Mab said, “Sign these Accords and abide by them,” people listened. :)"

Of course it is not a given, but I think it underlines my answer from above that since Ethniu could take on Titania, Odin and the Erlking at once, she could also have beaten god-Cowl.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2021, 09:32:47 AM »
that part has been confirmed per Woj. I factored in seracks grand unification theory(need to reread that soon)with it a long time ago. Originally thought Odin was Thor/Hercules taken on Zeus's mantle, but Thor apparently exists elsewhere in the DF. Him being a fraction of what he used to be would could be the connection though.
Has it? Are you referring to that WOJ about how the beings themselves don't change, just our understanding of who and what they are? Or some other WOJ. Because the first one isn't really evidence that Z=O. Not saying that Odin and Zeus are not the same being but I haven't yet seen a lot of hard evidence.

I think I can see our point of contention. The overall outcome was that Ethniu was defeated and they contributed to it heavily, so therefore they won in that sense. What I am saying is that in a purely just those three gods vs Ethniu way, a microcosm of the battle, something like a WWE fight - they lost. They got the win because they had a trump card in an extra man hidden away armed with an insanely powerful set of weapons perfect for bringing down such a being. But it would be like if Ali was fighting Williams and knocks Williams out, and then some friend of Williams enters the ring and hit Ali over the head with a hammer. Would you say Williams one the fight, or his friend? Just for reference, Ali KO'd Williams in the third round and it was like watching an amateur get in the ring with a pro. It was brutal. There's probably better fights to illustrate the match-up between Ethniu and the gods, but you get the idea.

At best it's a pyrrhic victory for Odin, Titania, and the Erlking. And don't forget, it only took out Ethniu's big gun temporarily. She gets it back briefly before Harry manages to bind her, and it's mostly because Marcone forces her to play whack-a-mole and expend her shots.

Well, Odin had a lot to do with that..  You're right, I was speaking metaphorically.

That didn't happen by accident, it wasn't a desperate move from a loser, it was planned.  The only way to get the Spear into position so it could take out the Eye was to trick Ethniu into thinking she had defeated Odin and taking the Spear for herself.  She may have had it in her hand, but Odin had absolute control over it, all he had to do was say the word, and it did it's job.
So why didn't Odin just stab her when he had the Spear during the first fight he had with her? I mean, it clearly already had the ability...surely it's more powerful in the hands of it's rightful wielder? I fail to see any element of planning. It seemed more like a fail-safe move. Odin's not a loser, but he did lose a fight. Happens to plenty of great winners. But the best ones plan for that and have contingencies in place, just like Odin did. Where is the evidence from the text that Odin planned for her to pick up the Spear? It's conjecture otherwise.

I think it is impossible to guess what Ethnius power level would be without the armor, so I will only consider it with the armor.

I don't think that god cowl would have been able to beat Odin, Titania (at mid summer no less) and the Erlking at once. I don't even think he would have had a good chance. So * would say he would be personally weaker.

But naturally a smart bad guy is often more dangerous than a powerful one outside of a fight.

But of god cowl had tried to do something similar to what Ethniu did the leaders of the accorded nations would have just killed him. As far as I could tell the main reason they were concerned with ganging up on Ethniu was that she would kill them with the eye. So someone had to take the first shot(s).
Pretty much agree with all this. Don't forget none of them could harm her; only the Knights of the Sword, Marcone (with Namshiel), Harry (with the Spear of Destiny AND his Demonreach connection), and Vadderung/Odin's spear Gungnir had that power. Which suggest Vadderung does have enough divine power, or access to such power, via his spear. Why he lied about it I don't know. Perhaps he didn't want everyone to see his trump card. Perhaps it's another Soulfire thing. We know he has that after all. In fact, I'd bet it was exactly that.

I don't entirely agree with this.  We don't really know Ethniu's actual power level in comparison to Mab.  We know what she can do with a super weapon, and nearly indestructible armor, but not what she alone can do.  Look at a Knight of the Cross...  With a Sword they can slay just about anything.  Without it they are just normal people who don't stand much of a chance against a run of the mill vampire.

Ethniu is obviously powerful, but I'm still not convinced she's above Mab.  She was no longer in power for a reason.  She'd been hiding away for a reason.  She returned for a reason.  My guess is she finally obtained the weapon, and armor she needed, and an army to match.

If she didn't have the armor, I suspect she'd have been stomped by Titania, Erlking, and Odin.  Mab took the full on blast from the Eye that Jim said could kill anything.  She took it and survived.  Another shot would have finished her, but it goes to show her level of strength.  I also imagine that if Mab had the armor, and the Eye, she'd be nearly unbeatable.

Jim gave a short list of people who could stand with Mab (in her weakest state), and it was pretty short.  I'd imagine with the same armor, and a super weapon that could kill anything, that list would be much shorter.
Mab didn't necessarily beat the Eye through brute strength. We don't know how she did it. Dresden couldn't even fathom it. Not one person even attempted a direct block on the field. There are clearly other ways to do such things. Mab isn't like Dresden. She isn't a straight forward, fair-fight, test my strength versus your strength type of person. She out-thinks people. She plans ahead obsessively. She make deals and bargain for knowledge and power. Likely she knew about this moment long before it occurred and planned accordingly.

I also don't think Mab even could wield such weapons as the Eye or wear the armour. But that's another discussion. Also, that list about who could beat Mab was given in 2009. It's a little outdated, can anyone say for certain (other than Jim) that Ethniu was planned even as far as back then? I'd say that's doubtful.

I'll share a few points on Ethniu and perhaps you'll see what I mean.

This is the blurb of Battle Ground. I have bolded the main point.

Harry has faced terrible odds before. He has a long history of fighting enemies above his weight class. The Red Court of vampires. The fallen angels of the Order of the Blackened Denarius. The Outsiders.

But this time it’s different. A being more powerful and dangerous on an order of magnitude beyond what the world has seen in a millennium is coming. And she’s bringing an army. The Last Titan has declared war on the city of Chicago, and has come to subjugate humanity, obliterating any who stand in her way.

Harry’s mission is simple but impossible: Save the city by killing a Titan. And the attempt will change Harry’s life, Chicago, and the mortal world forever.
Mab's been seen quite a bit in the last millennium. We are talking a different scale of being.

Remember, Ferrovax was afraid of Ethniu. He did what she told him to. Just think about that. No attempt to stop her or reason with her. I'd argue he was actually somewhat compelled by her Titan willpower. But even if you don't think that was implied in the scene, think about this quote:
#228 “Is the Eldest gruff ever going to make another appearance? And in a match of Him and Lea vs Ferrovax, who would you bet on?”
Ferrovax would crush them both, if they had time to get ready, got to pick the time and place, and pulled out every resource at their disposal. It would be brief and brutal, like watching Tyson in his prime, when the fights were all 30 seconds long, except replacing his opponent with a 15 year old blind girl.
There’s just no comparison, there. Lea and Elder gruff are deadly beings. But Ferrovax is a force of nature. MAB would be loathe to take on Ferro, at least head-on.
Ferrovax is bigger and badder than Mab. And even he wasn't prepared to tell Ethniu to play nice or leave them alone. Now you might argue that was because he didn't want to crush Chicago/break reality with his fight with her. But even if he is closer to Ethniu's level, both of them are way higher than Mab. It wasn't like Ferrovax was the biggest being in the peace talks once Ethniu showed up. Beyond that, Ferrovax still did what Ethniu told him to do. That's significant.

Think about her effect on reality. When Dresden first sees her he encounters "energy unlike any I had sensed before". Her mere presence causes reality to struggle. Most of the mortals and some of the supernaturals automatically started moaning as their minds struggle to deal with her.

Now a conversation in the early part of Battle Ground between Ebenezar and Harry.
"Ethniu is a Titan, boy," he said. "Can you imagine trying to bind Mab?"
I shuddered.
"Well, she's an order of magnitude beyond that in power and will," Ebenezar said.
An order of magnitude beyond that [Mab] in power and will. How much more evidence do you really need?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 09:39:40 AM by Yuillegan »

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2021, 12:02:19 PM »
Has it? Are you referring to that WOJ about how the beings themselves don't change, just our understanding of who and what they are? Or some other WOJ. Because the first one isn't really evidence that Z=O. Not saying that Odin and Zeus are not the same being but I haven't yet seen a lot of hard evidence.
hence why I bolded a very specific portion I was referring to. Alot if beings never changed, just our understanding of them. The name we gave them, the mask it created to that identity. Course Odin/Zeus would be different in that he did change beyond mere mask. He shed some if his greater power for more agency.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2021, 02:43:40 PM »

At best it's a pyrrhic victory for Odin, Titania, and the Erlking. And don't forget, it only took out Ethniu's big gun temporarily. She gets it back briefly before Harry manages to bind her, and it's mostly because Marcone forces her to play whack-a-mole and expend her shots.

No, it wasn't, because in the end the goal was achieved, Ethniu lost, that made it worth it.  Also they all recovered fully, so short term pain for over all victory... She may have gotten the Eye back briefly, but she had been weakened so much by that time, she could wield it effectively.

So why didn't Odin just stab her when he had the Spear during the first fight he had with her? I mean, it clearly already had the ability...surely it's more powerful in the hands of it's rightful wielder? I fail to see any element of planning. It seemed more like a fail-safe move. Odin's not a loser, but he did lose a fight. Happens to plenty of great winners. But the best ones plan for that and have contingencies in place, just like Odin did. Where is the evidence from the text that Odin planned for her to pick up the Spear? It's conjecture otherwise.

Because a lone wolf, should be able to, but usually doesn't take a bull moose down on his own.  It takes the pack..  The evidence? 

And, twenty yards away, the swirl of battle stirred. and I saw One Eye's shadowy form on the ground where he had fallen.  He lifted his head.  He opened his eye.  It gleamed like a smoldering coal in the shadow.  And Odin, Father of the Aesir, spoke, his voice a deep resonance that shook the air with gentle power.  "Gungnir." I knew the translation of the weapon's name, a bit of useless trivia that had stuck in my head.  Swayer.A rune burst into scarlet light upon the Spear's blade.  And like a snake, the weapon of the gods the Titian had stolen turned in her hand, whipping about with lightning speed.  As it did, runes burst into light all along the length of the blade and haft alike, suddenly blazing with energy.  And the weapon plunged with vicious, absolute precision into the Eye of Balor.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2021, 09:37:43 PM »
hence why I bolded a very specific portion I was referring to. Alot if beings never changed, just our understanding of them. The name we gave them, the mask it created to that identity. Course Odin/Zeus would be different in that he did change beyond mere mask. He shed some if his greater power for more agency.
That's the bit I am confused about. I am not disputing many (if not all) of the gods have multiple names and identities. But I don't recall any WOJ or passage of text that specifically, explicitly connects Odin and Zeus. The best we have is some possible implication in the series. But if I have missed something please let me know because I am very interested in this.

In our world, Odin is thought to be closer to Mercury/Hermes as they were both psychopomps (beings who guide souls to their afterlife) and because both gods were also gods of travellers and journeys. Zeus is obviously more connected to Thor, because both are sky gods and wield lightning as a weapon. Yes, there is a connection between Zeus and Odin because both are King of the Gods in their various pantheons, and defeated titans to claim their respective thrones. Hermes was also connected to Thoth, as both were gods of knowledge. So one could argue Thoth and Odin have a connection (which they do as both gods of knowledge and magic). Which is why one of my theories is that Odin was once called Thoth, then became Hermes/Mercury, before he started appearing as Odin. That might not be the case depending on what Jim chooses to do of course. Jim may well choose to say Zeus became Odin. That would be fair and interesting enough. But so far, I don't believe he has connected them explicitly.

No, it wasn't, because in the end the goal was achieved, Ethniu lost, that made it worth it.  Also they all recovered fully, so short term pain for over all victory... She may have gotten the Eye back briefly, but she had been weakened so much by that time, she could wield it effectively.

Because a lone wolf, should be able to, but usually doesn't take a bull moose down on his own.  It takes the pack..  The evidence? 

The end goal of a fight being isn't mutually exclusive with is being a pyrrhic victory. Neither is recovery. A pyrrhic victory is merely when the price of victory comes at great cost. That's literally what happened.

I mean, Vadderung DID have a pack with him. He had two other gods helping him out. Also, I would argue that it wasn't even essential that she lost the Eye like that. Harry still had the right tools and was the right person to bind her. She even had the Eye when he did. Why, the Eye came free when he bound her I don't understand...I suspect either outside interference OR she purposely let it go in the hopes it would make things worse for her enemies. I can't see Demonreach being sloppy and missing the Eye or Dresden's binding not encompassing it.

The passage you quote isn't evidence of Vadderung planning. Which part of it even implies a plan, let alone explicitly shows or tells of one? It is evidence that Gungnir has the power to sway battles. It is evidence of one of Gungnir's powers. It is evidence of why Gungnir has it's name. It's even evidence of how dangerous that weapon really is. It's just not evidence of a plan as afar as I can see. Now you could argue that Odin/Vadderung may have predicted (even partially) the events of Battle Ground (or if you buy into Morris Walter's theory, he had already experienced the battle as someone else...). But we don't know that he knew what was going to happen. I would argue in fact that he definitely didn't know specifics based on his reaction in Peace Talks, etc. There is also that old WOJ about how Vadderung's moves happen a week before yours...but sometimes even his preplanning gets cancelled and everything gets all Monday Night Nitro. Which is pretty much what happened in Battle Ground. If we do find other evidence that Odin knew what was going to happen to him, then more arguments can be made that he laid a trap. But so far we don't have any other evidence that I know of that Odin did know what was going to happen.

It's more like if you built in a remote-activated explosive into your firearm. A crazy notion but anyway. Odin had the remote detonator, so that if his weapon ever was stolen he can simply blow the crap out of the thief. Which he did. Doesn't mean he knows it specifically WILL get stolen, only that IF such an event happens he has a revenge tactic.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2021, 11:50:04 PM »
That's the bit I am confused about. I am not disputing many (if not all) of the gods have multiple names and identities. But I don't recall any WOJ or passage of text that specifically, explicitly connects Odin and Zeus. The best we have is some possible implication in the series. But if I have missed something please let me know because I am very interested in this.
oh, no. The "many beings are just differently known versions of the same thing" is solid, the Odin Zeus connection is just theorized at using the solid portion as the primary correlation of evidence. The thing that sets precedent for the idea, the spring board. Most of my theories are Frankensteined together that way. Evidence of similarity+ theoretical idea that could correlate.
Partially because of how I think Jim organizes information dumps to have multiple applications in universe.
So, "lots of deity are the same being in slightly different guises based on cultural significance" harkens "Odin has alot of Zeus archetype manifestations" into Odin could be a facet of the being who used to be Zeus.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2021, 01:32:10 AM »
oh, no. The "many beings are just differently known versions of the same thing" is solid, the Odin Zeus connection is just theorized at using the solid portion as the primary correlation of evidence. The thing that sets precedent for the idea, the spring board. Most of my theories are Frankensteined together that way. Evidence of similarity+ theoretical idea that could correlate.
Partially because of how I think Jim organizes information dumps to have multiple applications in universe.
So, "lots of deity are the same being in slightly different guises based on cultural significance" harkens "Odin has alot of Zeus archetype manifestations" into Odin could be a facet of the being who used to be Zeus.
Ah I get you now. We all work through problems differently but I think we're on the same page now. Mostly my ideas are "if x is true, then y could be..." Unless I am dead certain of something I try and keep my wording fairly flexible (e.g. using "could" and "it is possible" etc) which I hope comes across. It's good to understand how different people present their opinions though I think, so thank you for sharing your approach.  :) I always enjoy your theories even if I am not always necessarily convinced by them. Not everyone is convinced by my ideas - which is why I like these boards. It's a good place to test theories and mostly people are very supportive. Sometimes you're right, sometimes not, but it's all pretty fun by and large.

Something you just said pinged my brain. If say Odin is a facet of Zeus...is Zeus the original being or was it someone else? I have had an idea mulling around my brain for a while but I think this might help it come into being. I'll have to make another thread for it though.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2021, 01:44:18 AM »
I think Zeus is an old enough pantheon to be the original, like Hades is. Why? Still wanna hear your idea one way or the other.
(I wouldn't have half the head canon I do without reading everyone else's stuff lol)