Poll

Has Marcone joined Nicodemus?

Yes, Marcone and Nicodemus are working together
0 (0%)
No, Marcone does not share his goals, and is an enemy.
8 (72.7%)
Neutral:  They both want the same thing, but hate each other personally.  Not allies but not enemies
2 (18.2%)
Other
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Marcone and Nicodemus allies?  (Read 3494 times)

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Marcone and Nicodemus allies?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2021, 10:00:20 PM »
Well when you put it like that lol.  I guess what has me wondering is even though some of the Fallen are in more of a partnership with their host, they would want to drive the host to some sort of direction..  I don't think Thorned wants to be with Marcone just to chill.  I'd imagine he wants Marcone to achieve some goal of some kind.  I'm wondering if these goals align with what Nic wants or the opposite of what Nic wants.

Even if they are both after the same goals for the greater glory of Hell and the consternation of the Outsiders, I doubt Namshiel would be displeased to see Anduriel stripped of his host and set back to time zero with a new dixie cup host. A great deal of his influence among the 30 seems to stem from the one who's been active continuously since they were put in the coins.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2021, 10:38:11 PM »
Because she did not do it when he was weakest after escaping Hades but seemed to have forgotten everything and were very cosy together attacking the carpenters who they obviously blamed for everything.
I guess I could buy that. But in my reading I guess I assumed Nico came out and blamed Harry for her death, and she didn't know for sure at the time who all to blame, so she went for the mortal.

They didn't get along before this, so my guess was that she'd kill him for it later. But maybe not.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2021, 04:38:20 AM »
I guess I could buy that. But in my reading I guess I assumed Nico came out and blamed Harry for her death, and she didn't know for sure at the time who all to blame, so she went for the mortal.

They didn't get along before this, so my guess was that she'd kill him for it later. But maybe not.
She knew what he was going to do. Nicodemus could not simply not inform her and do what he wanted. I don’t think she would just believe Nicodemus when he tells a story. Tessa probably has her own ways of knowing things.

I think only the influence of the fallen could flip her around so fast. It is exactly what I expect the fallen would do.

They are rivals but they worked together as well.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2021, 06:40:02 AM »
She shouldn’t be and yet they together attack the carpenters home and seem to have forgotten all their differences blaming Harry and Michael.

This is exactly how evil puppets of the fallen would act, not how a mother whose child is just murdered would act. She did not ambush Nicodemus when he came out, she joined forces in hatred redirected.

A clear sign to me that the fallen had everything in control and had in their mind rewritten history already to blame Harry and Michael for everything and not Nicodemus.

"Tessa stood beside him in human form, wearing black trousers and a black shirt.  Her expression was distant, haunted.  She looked awful, thin and wasted away, like those movies of people rescued from concentration camps, but her eyes burned with some dark emotion that the word hate didn't begin to describe"

I don't know what's going on with her, but I seriously doubt it would take much to turn her against Nicodemus.  A few carefully chosen words would do it I think.  Something like:

"Your daughter looked so innocent, fragile when she handed the Coin to Nicodemus.  She was just a child, and he murdered her.  He didn't show any remorse.  She was just a tool...  Your little girl was property to him just like you were to your father when he traded you"

I'd imagine that would do it.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2021, 11:16:22 AM »
"Tessa stood beside him in human form, wearing black trousers and a black shirt.  Her expression was distant, haunted.  She looked awful, thin and wasted away, like those movies of people rescued from concentration camps, but her eyes burned with some dark emotion that the word hate didn't begin to describe"

I don't know what's going on with her, but I seriously doubt it would take much to turn her against Nicodemus.  A few carefully chosen words would do it I think.  Something like:

"Your daughter looked so innocent, fragile when she handed the Coin to Nicodemus.  She was just a child, and he murdered her.  He didn't show any remorse.  She was just a tool...  Your little girl was property to him just like you were to your father when he traded you"

I'd imagine that would do it.
But it was turned against the carpenters and don't forget you can say what you want to a denarian host but what they hear might be something different. Maybe unless you have a sword in your hand.

This is what the fallen do. Manipulate your darkest emotions and direct you to a target. That is what Lasciel did with Hannah as well.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2021, 01:52:19 PM »
But it was turned against the carpenters and don't forget you can say what you want to a denarian host but what they hear might be something different. Maybe unless you have a sword in your hand.

This is what the fallen do. Manipulate your darkest emotions and direct you to a target. That is what Lasciel did with Hannah as well.

Yeah, that is why it was such a big deal that Harry managed with some struggles at time to resist her Shadow, and actually turn things around.  Wonder if that was possible because he is a star born?