Author Topic: TV Thoughts  (Read 4672 times)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: TV Thoughts
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2021, 07:39:02 PM »
I never watched the DF show, but I think I'll give it a go one of these days. But I prefer to watch a movie/series before reading the books, otherwise I'm usually disappointed.
About Harry Potter, like Dina, Radcliffe looked exactly like I pictured Harry. Ron annoyed me in the movies though, and Hermione turned out be too beautiful for the description. They stuck to making her less so in the first two movies, but that changed starting with the third one.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2021, 07:52:54 PM »
LOL. Funny how different the tastes go.
Let's just say, I liked the movies, even though I didn't always agree with the choice in actors.

I also liked the DF show, but I am glad, that I read the books before, because if I would have watched the show before, I never would have been interested in the books. I liked Blackthorne, though my head-Harry Dresden looked differently.
I think I wrote that somewhere, that the actor who played Harry in the PT/BG trailer actually looks more like my version of Harry. Not exactly but almost. I would have his hair darker, brown eyes and a different mouth but everything else fit.

I can't say, that I was disappointed, because IMHO the show was too different to the books, so that there wasn't much to compare, to be honest.
I decided to think of it as something completely different to the books, simply a story told while having the books on your mind as a background, but only in a vague sense, if you know what I mean.

But in a new show I would expect something closer to the original.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2021, 09:04:41 PM »
I agree with that about the DF show. I considered it something different too, but I would expect more accuracy of a new show.

About Harry Potter, even when Alan Rickman was absolutely wonderful, he is actually not right for the character. He is far too old (By Harry first year, Snape has 31 or 32 IIRC)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)