Author Topic: Marcone has 10yrs to plan  (Read 279 times)

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Marcone has 10yrs to plan
« on: May 03, 2021, 01:26:08 AM »
Marcone has about 10 years before people start noticing he doesn't age. And white Council still need to go through Marcone to get at Harry. Unless it's done outside of Chicago.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Marcone has 10yrs to plan
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 03:25:59 AM »
Marcone will definitely research a glamour to cover the aging.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 03:53:12 AM »
Doubt that. I think he would snub the idea

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 03:54:04 AM »
I think his "image" is important to him

Online groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 05:22:07 AM »
Marcone is a mob boss.  He doesn't have to make a public appearance.  He could simply fade away, and run his empire in a more secretive way. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline seanham

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 03:54:26 PM »
Marcone is a mob boss.  He doesn't have to make a public appearance.  He could simply fade away, and run his empire in a more secretive way.

Yes, but is that his style? I don't think it would fit his character to simply fade away. At least in the time being. Maybe after 15-20 years, when it is more time for a mortal to die, he might fade away or "become" the new boss to keep mortals from suspecting anything.

I think it is more likely that he would use a glamour to look how he wants to look in front of certain people. For those who know he has a coin is will be his "true" self, but with those who do not know he has a coin, he might be more of an older man.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 12:24:08 AM »
Marcone has about 10 years before people start noticing he doesn't age. And white Council still need to go through Marcone to get at Harry. Unless it's done outside of Chicago.
Or the masquerade falls before then and he can just explain it as making a deal without going into details.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Online groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 06:48:13 AM »
Yes, but is that his style? I don't think it would fit his character to simply fade away.

He's visible when he needs to be, and invisible most of the time I'd think.  He's a mob boss to the mortal world, and a growing power in the supernatural world.  To be visible is to be an easy target.  Glamour if he needs it but most likely I'd think he's not an easy man to find unless he wants to be found. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 01:18:23 PM »
What about Mab vs Namshiel....she won't let the attack on Artis Tor go...pretty sure it was him

Online groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2021, 05:20:29 AM »
What about Mab vs Namshiel....she won't let the attack on Artis Tor go...pretty sure it was him

I would think she'd want payback, but the question is was it Namshiel, or the mortal who possessed the Coin that was more in charge?  When she hurt Nicodemus, she hurt the man..  I doubt his Fallen even cared what Mab did.