Author Topic: Could the Beckitt's be Cowl/Kumori? Other ideas  (Read 1180 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Could the Beckitt's be Cowl/Kumori? Other ideas
« on: April 30, 2021, 05:13:25 AM »
They were right there in the first book....  I could see them setting this stuff in motion long before Storm Front.  He fakes his death (prison riot), and she stays around Marcone, might even be why he took up the Coin. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 05:29:57 AM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Could the Beckitt's be Cowl/Kumori?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 06:54:12 AM »
They were right there in the first book....  I could see them setting this stuff in motion long before Storm Front.  He fakes his death (prison riot), and she stays around Marcone, might even be why he took up the Coin.
If they were veteran necromancers they would have arranged something for their daughter a long time ago rather than just going through the motions.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 11:28:41 AM »

All true, but Harry did soul gaze her, and unless she was really good at hiding who she was, he would have seen it I think.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 02:12:50 AM »
Cowl has been at the game a while - long enough to have a history with the other Kemmlerite disciples. If you think he was sandbagging as Beckitt, why? That couldn't have been Cowl's actual birth identity - the cops arresting someone who seems mid-30's to 40's but has an ID with a birthdate far enough back to account for Cowl's acquaintance with Kemmler and the other heirs would have raised some eyebrows. The Beckitt identity was a nobody on the supernatural who's - who radar, so sandbagging as the assistant to an inferior like Sells seems like a lot of trouble to go to for faking the death of an alias identity that nobody cares about anyway.

And if Helen Beckitt had even a fraction of Kumori's skill and power, she hardly would have needed to mess around with feeding intel to the Denarians to hurt Marcone, after seducing her way into his confidence. She could have had her revenge directly in an effectively unlimited number of satisfyingly horrible ways.

Plus, Cowl and Kumori were swanning around Bianca's party well before the timeline for Mr. Beckitt's death and Mrs. Beckitt's parole.

If Cowl was anything to the plot of SF, it makes much more sense that he was the theorized unseen tutor who was setting Sells up with dribs and drabs of training to use him as a cat's paw. Cowl or Lord Raith (or both, if they were allies in The Circle) are the best candidates for that.