Author Topic: Mirror Mirror character changes ideas  (Read 10297 times)

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Mirror Mirror character changes ideas
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2021, 03:58:36 PM »
Such a fun topic!!

Harry -  Denarian and completely simpatico with Lasciel.
Marcone - Knight of the Cross (This is just too good not to use).
Murphy - Dead from the Loup Garou.
Maggie - No Maggie, Harry didn't show up in time.
Susan - Still alive and still an unturned Red Court vamp, will never forgive Harry for saving Maggie (hey, how else to torture Harry even more?)
Michael - Black Court vamp (such a great idea)
Molly - a crazy mind controlling bad guy still on the run from the white council
Morgan - still dead, but took all the blame
Peabody - still slowly infecting the White Council's minds with his special ink
The Archive - I don't know how she'd be different, but she'd be an interesting character in the story.
Rudolph is a good guy and is trying to help Harry (talk about torture)
The ThreeEye drug problem is out of control in Chicago...
The Three Eye problem has to be solved and Murphy cannot be dead from the Loup Garou. The divergence happens after those events.
The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2021, 04:13:21 AM »
Missed someone out from your list

Chandler Prime.

Jim mentioned in the Dragoncon Q &A he will be in MM, Drakul sent him to the darkest time-line.

Chandler is an expert on history and time travel, so I expect he will be playing a Basil Exposition role, perhaps not powerful enough himself to get back, but then Harry can bring him back to the Prime timeline, which will have all sorts of ramifications, as I doubt he would see eye to eye with the White Council after experiencing a year in the darkest time-line. Indeed it may be I speculate that Chandler sets up Alt-Harry with Harry Prime to stop him and get home from what may be a decaying time-line, about to be erased by the White God before it falls to the Outsiders imperilling all of reality, a fate Harry has to avoid in the Prime timeline. Harry has connections to multiversal beings aware of their doppelgängers like Mab, and the Mother’s as well as beings like Mr Sunshine who exist across the Multiverse as a single entity. Put the two together and you have an exploration of the multiverse, the Outside and the Prime universes place guarding against the Outsiders as the best hope of winning this cycle.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2021, 03:10:08 PM »
Missed someone out from your list

Chandler Prime.

Jim mentioned in the Dragoncon Q &A he will be in MM, Drakul sent him to the darkest time-line.

Chandler is an expert on history and time travel, so I expect he will be playing a Basil Exposition role, perhaps not powerful enough himself to get back, but then Harry can bring him back to the Prime timeline, which will have all sorts of ramifications, as I doubt he would see eye to eye with the White Council after experiencing a year in the darkest time-line. Indeed it may be I speculate that Chandler sets up Alt-Harry with Harry Prime to stop him and get home from what may be a decaying time-line, about to be erased by the White God before it falls to the Outsiders imperilling all of reality, a fate Harry has to avoid in the Prime timeline. Harry has connections to multiversal beings aware of their doppelgängers like Mab, and the Mother’s as well as beings like Mr Sunshine who exist across the Multiverse as a single entity. Put the two together and you have an exploration of the multiverse, the Outside and the Prime universes place guarding against the Outsiders as the best hope of winning this cycle.

I think so too, I also think Chandler once back will become Harry's backup.  It makes sense, Murphy is gone, Thomas will be out for a long time and may never return, I don't trust Lara, [she has her own agenda], Michael physically except when archangels takes a risk for him isn't up to it, and yeah, while Sanya and Butters are a great help, the Holy Knights have more to do than playing backup for Harry all of the time, so that leaves Chandler.  He has all the skills, he might be just a bit grateful to Harry for getting him home, and I doubt he will be welcomed or feel comfortable in the White Council or among his fellow Wardens.  Now he may betray Harry at some point, but I don't think so.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2021, 04:51:27 PM »
A couple of other things, Harry has or should have access to academic resources Chandler would kill for.

1. Bob who is probably seventh on the list of magical artefacts most wanted by the White Council (after the Eye, The Spear, the Grail, the True Shroud, the Placard, and Excalibur, boy does Harry have some explaining to do as to why he as (almost) all the toys)

2. Demonreach itself

3. Papa Raith’s magical library, likely to contain things the White Council thought were long gone. I would expect that Lara to gift this to Harry (after scanning it in and making it wizard proof).

Harry has used others as his sounding board, but most are either dead, alienated or Harry has outgrown them in his current need.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2021, 05:48:22 PM »
Harry has used others as his sounding board, but most are either dead, alienated or Harry has outgrown them in his current need.

I don't think Harry will ever be able to fully trust Lara, that makes her a poor sounding board.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2021, 10:22:26 PM »
Which is why Chandler would ne necessary.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2021, 01:38:28 PM »
Do we know for sure Harry will be going to the mirrorverse alone? Logically it seems likely, but if he's with someone else (like standing at the altar for his wedding) and some magical thing kicks in, and someone close to him (like Lara or his best man or the minister) grabs for him, could they be pulled in as well?

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2021, 05:24:01 PM »
Do we know for sure Harry will be going to the mirrorverse alone? Logically it seems likely, but if he's with someone else (like standing at the altar for his wedding) and some magical thing kicks in, and someone close to him (like Lara or his best man or the minister) grabs for him, could they be pulled in as well?
We know he's going to be summoned by negaHarry to be killed in his place.  I think that's got to be a solo trip tbh.  None of the other summonings we've seen have included multiple beings.  Besides, I think that you'd need a True Name for a mortal to summon another mortal across realities, much less have the magical oomph to pull in someone else for the ride.

primeChandler will be the touchstone for Harry to get real information about the mirror reality and what's different.  Also, probably one to give him inside information on who's gunning for him suddenly in the WC to call to vote him out.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2021, 05:48:33 PM »
We know he's going to be summoned by negaHarry to be killed in his place.  I think that's got to be a solo trip tbh.  None of the other summonings we've seen have included multiple beings.  Besides, I think that you'd need a True Name for a mortal to summon another mortal across realities, much less have the magical oomph to pull in someone else for the ride.

primeChandler will be the touchstone for Harry to get real information about the mirror reality and what's different.  Also, probably one to give him inside information on who's gunning for him suddenly in the WC to call to vote him out.
I agree for the most part, but the only inter-reality travel we've seen was via a gateway (a la Drakul). So imagining it as a vortex isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I could also see it as something building up around him, and someone with super strength (Lara perhaps) grabbing him tight and then getting pulled along.

Not that I think that'll happen, but it makes me wonder if he might not go alone.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2021, 06:15:23 PM »
I predict in Mirror Mirror we will see the early death of yet another tuxedo at the hands of Harry.

Harry will be without his trademark duster, staff, etc, Jim can have fun with Harry, for example him turning an hockey stick into an improvised staff...... perhaps using a magic marker for the runes.....
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 12:09:30 AM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2021, 05:59:57 PM »
I had a horrible Mirror Mirror thought this morning.

Harry's the bad guy in the MM universe and he summons our Harry to die in his place in a confrontation with some big bad.

I've already said that in MMverse, Molly is either dead or a warlock. What if she's a warlock and still is Harry's apprentice?

In their soul gaze, there was one image of Molly with a scarred cheek, wearing the robe of a warden of the White Council. Several people have theorized that the scar on her cheek was from the mini-fireball that Harry used to teach her the price of going into danger unprepared. In our universe, Molly couldn't stop Harry from moving the fireball closer to her face and collapsed when she failed. Our Harry had mercy and stopped the fireball. But evil Harry probably wouldn't.

I had a theory that the soulgaze was accurate and prophetic. We were going to show different scenes from different point in every phase of Molly's life. So, in that image with the scarred cheek and the warden cloak, everyone assumed she was a warden.

What if the cloak wasn't a vestment of office, but a trophy?

Let's face it. At one point it would be easy to imagine Molly going all Harley Quinn. She already had the hair color and the tattoos. The mind magic and manipulating the minds of others would do for the crazy.

So, evil Harry takes Molly for an apprentice after she manifests magic. Perhaps luring in by promising revenge upon the vamps responsible for Michael's death. Our Harry might get to see a Harry and Molly where Harry didn't shut Molly down when she offered herself to him when he took her for an apprentice.

Hell, if MM Molly isn't batshit crazy, he might get a frank point of view from the MM Molly on how a Harry and Molly relationship might work.

Not that Harry and Molly is going to work in our universe when Molly is wearing the Winter Lady mantle.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2021, 01:59:46 PM »
I've already said that in MMverse, Molly is either dead or a warlock. What if she's a warlock and still is Harry's apprentice?

Or not, in this universe Molly never fully dropped her warlock status, she slipped back into it more than once.  Like using the dark side of the Force, she continued to go into minds when she thought it was right and it was the quick and easy way.. All that time she continued to be Harry's apprentice and put him in danger as well as herself.  No, in the  MMverse, she might be that plump happy mother Harry saw in the soul gaze, forsaking all her power like her mother did.. Leaving Harry without any back up.

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2021, 05:19:03 PM »
Or not, in this universe Molly never fully dropped her warlock status, she slipped back into it more than once.  Like using the dark side of the Force, she continued to go into minds when she thought it was right and it was the quick and easy way.. All that time she continued to be Harry's apprentice and put him in danger as well as herself.  No, in the  MMverse, she might be that plump happy mother Harry saw in the soul gaze, forsaking all her power like her mother did.. Leaving Harry without any back up.
Y'see, I think that's the endgame for Harry after has destroyed the current state of affairs in the supernatural world, wrecked the fae courts and caused their destruction by removing the need for them, having either destroyed the outsiders or sealed them away from reality for all time or for at least this cycle.

Harry and Molly are going to get together and make babies. Given that the files are written by Harry after the fact, and given the ominous warning at the end of Storm Front, Harry is going to be mega powerful at the end. Of course, nothing says that Molly can't make babies as the Winter Queen.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2021, 12:12:30 AM »
And then Murphy comes back.

There is no happily ever after for Harry, even if he survives he is going to end up as the Merlin, becoming the authority he despises, but critical to the defence from the Outsiders until the next cycle.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2021, 02:18:47 PM »
And then Murphy comes back.

There is no happily ever after for Harry, even if he survives he is going to end up as the Merlin, becoming the authority he despises, but critical to the defence from the Outsiders until the next cycle.

There are happily ever afters, and then there are happily ever afters... I doubt that Harry will end up with Molly, Murphy, or anyone else, I don't think that will be his happy ending.  I do think if he survives, Harry will be older, a heck of a lot more powerful, much wiser, and will find happiness in his children and grand children, and of course, saving the planet.