Author Topic: Solution for Thomas?  (Read 2735 times)

Offline JTass

• Participant
    • View Profile
Solution for Thomas?
« on: March 16, 2021, 06:00:16 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but isn't there a blindingly obvious solution to Thomas' condition that Harry is in a unique position to be aware of?
Harry knows about the situation between Irwin Pounder and his white court fiancée Connie. Irwin survived the first encounter when Connie's hunger awoke, which previously was inevitably fatal to the victim, and continues to be fed upon without ill effect.
So why doesn't Harry call in River Shoulders and his kin to see if one or more of them can feed enough energy to Thomas to stabilize him without endangering anyone's life? The Forest People can handle the drain without serious risk, even with Thomas' hunger in the negative feedback loop it seems to be stuck in.

Offline JTass

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Solution for Thomas?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 09:14:51 PM »
Anybody have an opinion on this?

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 09:25:17 PM »
Hmm, that could be one reason why Jim is moving Irwin and Connie to Chicago. He could have Connie feed and then transfer energy to Thomas like Lara did on the boat.

Don't know if I see it happening though. Excellent thought.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 10:21:30 PM »

But unless Justine and their child can be saved, does Thomas want to go on living?  Unless her body and soul can be abandoned by Nemesis, she is lost to Thomas.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 01:19:47 AM »
I'm sure that wouldn't be a awkward conversation at all:

"Yo River Shoulders, I need a solid! Can you fuck my brother?"

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 05:32:25 AM »
I'm sure that wouldn't be a awkward conversation at all:

"Yo River Shoulders, I need a solid! Can you fuck my brother?"

Oh man that made me laugh..  River Shoulders "Your brother would die either way".
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline ZhonLord

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 09:59:31 AM »
The Bigfoots and bigfoot-kin certainly have enough life essence that a White Court vampire could feed and survive, but that's not the problem here. 

Thomas has already been fed upon by his own Hunger.  Part of his soul, his mind memories and will, have already been devoured by his own curse. If it was a simple matter of feeding it they'd have already done it.  Harry needs to CURE the vampirism so that what's left of Thomas will be able to actually be healed, and maybe even reclaim some of what's been lost to the Hunger. 

You could feed him a dozen human lives and refuel him completely and it wouldn't undo the harm that the Svartalves inflicted.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 10:05:26 PM »

But unless Justine and their child can be saved, does Thomas want to go on living?  Unless her body and soul can be abandoned by Nemesis, she is lost to Thomas.

Thomas may want to keep living just for the child. He may have written Justine off knowing that it wasn't her for the past few years.

But maybe Justine has been around almost all the time, with HWWBs taking over the driver's seat just every so often. We don't have enough information.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2021, 02:12:43 PM »

Harry was pretty confident he could exorcise Nemesis if he was going into the confrontation rested and prepared. It's capturing Justine alive to do an exorcism on that's going to be challenging at this point.

Offline Braincandy

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2021, 03:49:52 AM »
Oh man that made me laugh..  River Shoulders "Your brother would die either way".

Ok, these two comments alone made this thread worth clicking on.

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2021, 04:32:35 PM »
Harry was pretty confident he could exorcise Nemesis if he was going into the confrontation rested and prepared. It's capturing Justine alive to do an exorcism on that's going to be challenging at this point.

Again, if Justine hasn't survived, will Thomas want to live?  Then there is the child, is it even his?

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2021, 05:09:14 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but isn't there a blindingly obvious solution to Thomas' condition that Harry is in a unique position to be aware of?
Harry knows about the situation between Irwin Pounder and his white court fiancée Connie. Irwin survived the first encounter when Connie's hunger awoke, which previously was inevitably fatal to the victim, and continues to be fed upon without ill effect.
So why doesn't Harry call in River Shoulders and his kin to see if one or more of them can feed enough energy to Thomas to stabilize him without endangering anyone's life? The Forest People can handle the drain without serious risk, even with Thomas' hunger in the negative feedback loop it seems to be stuck in.
Jim wanted Thomas out of the picture in stasis.  If he needs him for the story he can unfreeze him and put him on the street using whatever pretext.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2021, 02:31:01 PM »
Again, if Justine hasn't survived, will Thomas want to live?  Then there is the child, is it even his?
What I've been asking myself: Can we be sure there even is a child? Is she really pregnant or was that a lie?
Does the real Justine even exist any more and if not, when exactly did she cease existing? If she is still there, does she truly love Thomas or is Nemesis just faking the love burns somehow?
I'm not really convinced, the pregnancy is real.

I thought that, too. But as stated by others before: how to ask? Who should do it? Danger of being exposed as endless food supply to other WCVs.
Is it even possible to still the Hunger anymore in any way?

I can totally see future WCVs hunting down Forest People (Bigfeet? ;)) to imprison them as food supply.

But maybe in the future, when Thomas will be on Demonreach for several years, Harry will tell River about it. Just telling him about the situation, not implying anything. And River Shoulders would offer on his own to take care of Thomas, if it even can be done.

But personally I think, Harry will find a way to separate the Hunger from his brother, leaving him human, probably even with some magic, an arc of redemption and a potential wielder of Amoraccius.

Edit: And [Battle Ground Spoiler!!!!!!]

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 02:35:49 PM by Regenbogen »