Author Topic: Who is Listen?  (Read 5121 times)

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Who is Listen?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2021, 09:04:34 AM »
Powerlevels will get real wonky when Drakul dies if that's the case.
If Drakul dies. He's been around a long time after all. And might be an immortal.

The highlander thing has been brought up a bit and I have wondered about it myself a few times. Although the series/movies actually exist in the Dresden Files as content (which as we know, doesn't preclude it from existing altogether in the multiverse of the Dresden Files).

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2021, 11:34:52 AM »
If Drakul dies. He's been around a long time after all. And might be an immortal.

The highlander thing has been brought up a bit and I have wondered about it myself a few times. Although the series/movies actually exist in the Dresden Files as content (which as we know, doesn't preclude it from existing altogether in the multiverse of the Dresden Files).
Drakul doesn't strike me as one of those villains that'll hang around as a post-series potential menace.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2021, 03:50:17 PM »
Drakul doesn't strike me as one of those villains that'll hang around as a post-series potential menace.

Oh I think he will be around as long as there are vampires.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2021, 07:53:02 PM »

Probably not but I hope to see some major awesomeness from him, because with a name like that, we'd better see something cool.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2021, 03:58:26 AM »
Probably not but I hope to see some major awesomeness from him, because with a name like that, we'd better see something cool.
Or maybe he'll go out like his son and get punked when helpless because he's too strong to be taken out straight on.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2021, 06:11:43 AM »
Or maybe he'll go out like his son and get punked when helpless because he's too strong to be taken out straight on.

Has it been stated how his son went out?  Was he helpless at the time?  Also it would be interesting as to how Drakul could be made helpless to begin with. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2021, 06:12:57 AM »
Has it been stated how his son went out?  Was he helpless at the time?  Also it would be interesting as to how Drakul could be made helpless to begin with.
No I'm just vaguely remembering how Dracula went.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2021, 06:14:46 AM »
No I'm just vaguely remembering how Dracula went.

Ah ok.  I actually wonder if as a Starborn he was able to bring an Outsider inside of himself (trapped in mortal form - Jim).  I could see Harry somehow releasing the Outsider, and Drakul being reduced to being a mortal wizard...  Powerful, but mortal, and getting killed in a really bad way....  Maybe being fed on by Black Court vamps or something.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2021, 01:32:32 PM »
Ah ok.  I actually wonder if as a Starborn he was able to bring an Outsider inside of himself (trapped in mortal form - Jim).  I could see Harry somehow releasing the Outsider, and Drakul being reduced to being a mortal wizard...  Powerful, but mortal, and getting killed in a really bad way....  Maybe being fed on by Black Court vamps or something.

But the question is, would Drakul even want that?  Or was he evil to begin with and allowed the Outsider with in himself to begin with.  Even if the Outsider is expelled that doesn't mean he will suddenly change sides.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2021, 12:43:48 AM »
I think there is a chance that Listen really betrayed her, but we cannot know yet.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2021, 01:50:04 AM »
I mean apparently Ethniu and the Fomor invading Chicago was a big diversion, with the real goal being putting Thomas in Demonreach so that Harry would let Nemesis inside.

For that to work you need Harry to beat her. (It also requires the svartalves to torture him and not question him even though he's obviously just the tool in this scenario, which is kinda weird for them) so it's possible that Nemesis had more then one agent in play here.

Or that it can just predict the future. At least one of the two is required for a plan this convoluted to conceivably work.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2021, 04:36:46 AM »
I mean apparently Ethniu and the Fomor invading Chicago was a big diversion, with the real goal being putting Thomas in Demonreach so that Harry would let Nemesis inside.

For that to work you need Harry to beat her. (It also requires the svartalves to torture him and not question him even though he's obviously just the tool in this scenario, which is kinda weird for them) so it's possible that Nemesis had more then one agent in play here.

Or that it can just predict the future. At least one of the two is required for a plan this convoluted to conceivably work.

Pretty clever.  Of course if Dresden died there may be another person ready to stake a claim to DR and let It out.  I'm guessing Nemesis has many alternate plans.  You're right though, I hadn't even considered that the plan was for Harry to lock up Thomas on DR only for Justine to be allowed there.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2021, 04:38:11 AM »
But the question is, would Drakul even want that?  Or was he evil to begin with and allowed the Outsider with in himself to begin with.  Even if the Outsider is expelled that doesn't mean he will suddenly change sides.

I'm of the opinion that Drakul being a Starborn forced an Outsider to enter his body so he could tap into that power.  When a person takes up a Mantle they gain it's power, but also limitations.  I see Drakul taking up the power, and bending it to his will.  It would be like Harry taking the Winter Knight mantle, and getting all of it's power and none of it's limitations.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2021, 09:43:47 AM »
I'm of the opinion that Drakul being a Starborn forced an Outsider to enter his body so he could tap into that power.  When a person takes up a Mantle they gain it's power, but also limitations.  I see Drakul taking up the power, and bending it to his will.  It would be like Harry taking the Winter Knight mantle, and getting all of it's power and none of it's limitations.

Perhaps, but I don't think an Outsider is that easily bent, not even by a starborn.  I also don't think the Winter Knight's mantle compares.  The closest might be the Shadow of Lasciel, that was a battle of wills, and Harry did use her ultimately changing her to Lash.  But that was quite a bit more complicated than it sounds as we all know.