Author Topic: Sir Marcone: Who Know's?  (Read 3942 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Sir Marcone: Who Know's?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2021, 05:04:36 PM »
I wonder who Harry told. Specifically, did he tell the KotC? (former and current ones). Will and the Alphas? Will he tell Lara?
I imagine he won't be telling the White Council, because he is not in speaking terms  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2021, 05:36:07 PM »
I wonder who Harry told. Specifically, did he tell the KotC? (former and current ones). Will and the Alphas? Will he tell Lara?
I imagine he won't be telling the White Council, because he is not in speaking terms  :)

Yeah I can see exactly how that would go:

"So you mean that Mobster that YOU helped become a member of the accords was actually a Denarian? We KNEW you were one of the monsters."

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2021, 03:46:21 AM »

Hmm.  Maybe, maybe not.  On one hand he'd want them to know, on the other them knowing might result in their deaths.  Marcone with all his mortal resources + the power of a Fallen who has made him a powerful wizard would pretty much making killing the Alpha's no problem.  I'm guessing that he will let them know, and tell them to stay out of Marcone's way.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2021, 04:40:07 AM »
Hmm.  Maybe, maybe not.  On one hand he'd want them to know, on the other them knowing might result in their deaths.  Marcone with all his mortal resources + the power of a Fallen who has made him a powerful wizard would pretty much making killing the Alpha's no problem.  I'm guessing that he will let them know, and tell them to stay out of Marcone's way.
Aftermath shows he wouldn't need magic to wipe out the Alphas unless they came at him 4v1 or something like that.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2021, 04:44:12 AM »
Aftermath shows he wouldn't need magic to wipe out the Alphas unless they came at him 4v1 or something like that.

Yeah.  The Coin would be way overkill. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2021, 08:19:17 AM »
I think the main reasons Marcone has not killed the Alphas yet is that they don't mess with him directly and that he knows Harry would retaliate. Marcone is not coward but he is not crazy either, he wouldn't alienate Harry just because. He knows that Harry is the most dangerous when he is in protective mood.

None of those things would change if Marcone knew they know about his status. So I don't see Harry telling them as endangering them in any way. On the contrary, it helps them know what they are dealing with. The Alphas are not stupid either, they won't mess with Marcone without a damn good reason.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)