Author Topic: Jim on Molly's future  (Read 8312 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Jim on Molly's future
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2021, 11:11:07 AM »
To quote Wikipedia:
And about 40 minutes into this one Jim talks about how she intended Sarissa to be a weapon.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-wua9p-e40f53

That is not the only meaning and a very unlikely meaning for most parents:

https://www.thebump.com/b/sarissa-baby-name

I actually know a Sarissa and I do not think she is named after a Greek Macedonian spear though she is relatively long and thin. The meaning of princess is also fitting and far more likely.

I do not think Mab would have named her daughter after a common soldiers infantry formation weapon anyway. There are better martial names.

But again she knows all about what her mother is and what her purpose is. There are no signs she actually disagrees.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 11:16:25 AM by Arjan »
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2021, 04:13:29 PM »
That is not the only meaning and a very unlikely meaning for most parents:

https://www.thebump.com/b/sarissa-baby-name

I actually know a Sarissa and I do not think she is named after a Greek Macedonian spear though she is relatively long and thin. The meaning of princess is also fitting and far more likely.

I do not think Mab would have named her daughter after a common soldiers infantry formation weapon anyway. There are better martial names.

But again she knows all about what her mother is and what her purpose is. There are no signs she actually disagrees.

Though Mab did say she was preparing Sarissa to take Maeve's job, because she felt she could work with Sarissa and wasn't a slacker like Maeve was.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2021, 04:33:14 PM »
She would have done a better job but everything points to summer being a better fit for her and winter better for Molly.

Mab can be wrong.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2021, 04:47:26 PM »
Though Mab did say she was preparing Sarissa to take Maeve's job, because she felt she could work with Sarissa and wasn't a slacker like Maeve was.
Molly’s parents have loads of children, she might have that capacity as well. Having changelings might help her keeping contact with the rest of the world and when there are many the pressure each individually feels will be less.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Paviel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2021, 01:16:57 AM »
Harry promised to get out of Winter and bring Molly with him. Just like he promised to save Susan.

And did he save Susan?

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2021, 01:21:34 AM »
And did he save Susan?

And this here is why he will save Molly at the end. Susan's and Molly's storylines are running similar. Harry is not going to lose another loved one like he did with Susan.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2021, 02:58:06 AM »
She would have done a better job but everything points to summer being a better fit for her and winter better for Molly.

Mab can be wrong.

Unless Leah played Mab.....  Think about it..  Who could possibly replace Mab if Molly isn't ready?  Leah....  She's #2 to Mab in power level.  She's the next option behind Molly. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2021, 04:06:08 AM »
Unless Leah played Mab.....  Think about it..  Who could possibly replace Mab if Molly isn't ready?  Leah....  She's #2 to Mab in power level.  She's the next option behind Molly.

But if Mab wanted Lea as her Lady, she would be it not the one who was doing the grooming to make Molly a new possible Lady.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2021, 05:39:30 AM »
And did he save Susan?
In a sense yes. He saved her baby and probably her soul.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2021, 06:49:44 PM »
And did he save Susan?
Exactly the point I was making.
The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog.

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2021, 06:51:59 PM »

It hasn't been shown yet, but every lady who has taken a mantle has been at least part mortal. We don't know what Aurora's origin was. But Maeve and Sarissa's father, according to a WOJ was an Austrian composer in the 1800s. Molly, of course, was fully human.

I'm not sure that Lea is qualified to be a lady.

Offline Gman

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2021, 06:15:33 AM »
I don't think Lea is a virgin. I think you have to be a virgin to be a lady.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2021, 09:16:13 AM »
I don't think Lea is a virgin. I think you have to be a virgin to be a lady.

I think that you have to be virginal as The Lady and the mantle enforces that (see Molly and Ramirez), but I doubt you have to be an actual virgin. Sarissa is our only other direct example.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2021, 12:05:45 PM »
I think that you have to be virginal as The Lady and the mantle enforces that (see Molly and Ramirez), but I doubt you have to be an actual virgin. Sarissa is our only other direct example.
And Lilly. I suspect the mantle can make you a virgin.

Besides if it was that easy Sarissa would have taken care of that.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2021, 02:44:12 AM »
I think the mantles require holders to be mortal, not fae. The knights are always mortal. Titania and Mab were sisters and Mab drops that she was mortal in BG. Aurora was Titania's daughter, either before or after she took the mantle, so she's a question mark. Sarissa and Maever were Mab's daughters, per WOJ, by an Austrian composer in the 1800s. So, half mortal. Molly was fully human.

There's a strong argument that the leaders of the fae courts, guardians of reality, have to be mortal. I.E. have a strong connection to reality.