Author Topic: Molly's new magic  (Read 6993 times)

Offline MoroccoMole

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Molly's new magic
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2021, 09:25:46 PM »
All of this discussion makes me think Harry's true strength is the combination of his high voltage and his burgeoning ability to figure out the long game and plan for that.  Lately he's been growing in figuring things out ahead of time, and his magical growth has slowed.  He's still getting power ups through magical item acquisition, but he's been leaning more on using his power effectively rather than solely on brute force.  I believe these 2 facets coming together is what people feared and now see happening.

That being said, I'd love to see Harry go to school with RiverShoulders or spend time in Valhalla South with Vadderung and get a taste of the learning Merlin got.
I like a man who grins when he fights.

~Winston Churchill On Enthusiasm~

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Molly's new magic
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2021, 10:03:36 PM »
Off the top of my head Mab and Odin, though Odin's wasn't a personal teleport, but opening a way to a specific spot.. I think it's the same principle in action. From the prep spells Marcone cast I surmise he was jiggering with where the resonance of the NM met up with the material world, as he could only move to one of the spots he prepped. I don't actually think Drakul teleported though, didn't river boulders intercept him mid move or something? That's closer to an enhanced version of what the guy in GS did as apposed to true teleportation. Mab might have done the same thing.. so we actually have only seen teleportation principles in effect twice, and I'd point out Lea didn't seem capable herself of making that portal, she had to get Odin to set it up. Other than that... Perhaps cowl and his specific 'ways' to the mildewy realm.
I don't think teleportation is beyond Eb, just not his specialty, moving energy.