Author Topic: Balancing the scales?  (Read 4780 times)

Offline ZhonLord

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Balancing the scales?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2021, 11:21:25 AM »
Don't take this in the wrong way but Jim is full of shit ;). He's dissembling. There are thousands of shades of red, but they are all still red.  If he's a demon, it is what it is. However when you read it, it's your book, so think about it in whatever fashion that makes it a good story for you. I personally  would terminate him with extreme prejudice. Marcone right along with him. >:(.
Absolutely.  Namshiel is a Denarius Fallen Angel for a reason, I'm not even remotely denying that fact here. 

My entire point was that he was the most laid back OF THE DENARIANS, and therefore wouldn't have taken any initiative in hunting down Murph - whether it be to use her as a roundabout way to hurt Dresden, or because of some snub she did to him "offscreen". He's still an evil being who should be put in the holiest and most secure of prisons until a way to destroy him for good is found, it was never my intent to claim otherwise, but even if Murph had been killed through Fallen influence Namshiel wouldn't have been the culprit.

Therefore that reasoning behind why Hendrix could have died as a scale-balancing for Murph's death, is invalid.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 11:34:01 AM by ZhonLord »

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2021, 04:45:28 PM »
but even if Murph had been killed through Fallen influence Namshiel wouldn't have been the culprit.

Lasciel has motive, though. If the Genoskwa got out, he might have salvaged her coin on the way. She could have influenced Rudolph to fire without meaning to with another rule-breaking whisper.

Doesn't explain Hendricks, though. I think he was just a normal casualty of a chaotic war.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2021, 06:00:23 PM »
Lasciel has motive, though. If the Genoskwa got out, he might have salvaged her coin on the way. She could have influenced Rudolph to fire without meaning to with another rule-breaking whisper.

Doesn't explain Hendricks, though. I think he was just a normal casualty of a chaotic war.

Yeah, that is the problem with the "balance" theory. 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2021, 06:44:17 PM »
Or it was Vadderung. He had a habit of gathering warriors at their height before they could decline.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline K.L.O.E.

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2021, 09:14:07 PM »
Or it was Vadderung. He had a habit of gathering warriors at their height before they could decline.

I'm with you. That sounds very Odin-esque to me. Plus it removes a distraction for Gard, and helps keep the fact that Marcone is a Denarian under wraps (which Vadderung may find useful).
Kyle Lowry
Everything

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2021, 06:26:13 PM »
I don't remember the expression of hatred, but I will point out that the other things he did were at Nicodemus' instruction and requests. Namshiel is a potent magic user, it makes sense to give him those tasks.
It's in SmF on Demonreach. Chapter 43.

Insufferable, arrogant little monkey," Namshiel hissed. "Playing with the fires of creation. Binding your soul to it, as if you were one of us. How dare you so presume. How dare you wield soulfire against me. I, who was there when your pathetic kind was hewn from the muck."
Thorned Namshiel was ranting about something. Practically foaming at the mouth."

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2021, 07:12:01 PM »
It's in SmF on Demonreach. Chapter 43.

Yeah, well, I don't think "mere mortals" are supposed to have Soul Fire, let alone be able to do stuff with it.  You will remember that Shaggy was offended by the fact that Harry used against him as well. 

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2021, 08:41:58 PM »
Yeah, well, I don't think "mere mortals" are supposed to have Soul Fire, let alone be able to do stuff with it.
I don't think much hatred is because mortals aren't "supposed" to have soulfire. I think it's because Namshiel hates humans.

You will remember that Shaggy was offended by the fact that Harry used against him as well.
I don't remember that.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2021, 09:52:34 PM »

Turn Coat
The skinwalker's smile widened.  "I find it astonishing that you could call forth the very fires of creation--and yet have no faith with which to employ them."

Offline seanham

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2021, 06:21:16 PM »
What about the Barabbus Curse? If I remember correctly, the curse was first seen in DM has the power to kill one individual each year via an entropy curse (a curse that kills using accidents and coincidence). This could be how Murphy actually died. I'm sure Nick was angry at Murphy for standing up to him like she did, and this could be a way to get back at both Harry and Murphy.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2021, 06:31:56 PM »
   Turn Coat
Nothing positive in what the ski walker said but I do not think he was especially offended. He was belittling Harry but he gave Harry actually some valuable information.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2021, 01:46:47 PM »
Less lazy and more far more interested in magical experiments than he is in tormenting people most of the time.

Marcone is the perfect partner, adapting magic to a vanilla mortal rather than a practitioner would be a challenge, given time and resources to experiment, and an able partner and not having Nicky breathing down his neck and having him do menial tasks. Namshiel must have felt like Marvin the Paranoid Android under Nicky. “Brain the size of a planet, and all you want is for me to open a gateway to the Never, Never, and all the time have this terrible pain in all the thorns down my left side.”