Author Topic: Did Kincaid know Drakul was in town?  (Read 4198 times)

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Did Kincaid know Drakul was in town?
« on: February 25, 2021, 11:22:14 AM »
So did the Hellhound know that his former kennel master was in town and what his plans were?

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Did Kincaid know Drakul was in town?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 11:37:35 AM »
So did the Hellhound know that his former kennel master was in town and what his plans were?
Probably not, he's been kind of floating around in a drunken and depressed haze alternating between stalking Ivy and taking jobs for humans, not tracking Drakul.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 01:50:51 PM »
Probably not, he's been kind of floating around in a drunken and depressed haze alternating between stalking Ivy and taking jobs for humans, not tracking Drakul.
I think Harry should give him a job.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline ZhonLord

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 10:14:46 PM »
Except Harry giving Kincaid a job is what led to the guy being in this state.  So I doubt he'd be interested in an offer.

Offline didymos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 10:20:02 PM »
How should we know? He didn't appear in Battle Ground and Jim hasn't said anything about him.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 12:27:06 AM »
I think Harry should definitely drill Kincaid and Ivy for details...love the fact Ivy was out slinging it for the good guys

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 03:18:29 AM »
Or at the very least focus on mending bridges between him and Ivy as part of Twelve Months.
How should we know? He didn't appear in Battle Ground and Jim hasn't said anything about him.
Priscellie: Alrighty. What has Kincaid been up to since the events of Changes?

Jim: Oh Kincaid. I will say this much, Kincaid and Ivy kind of had their falling out.

Priscellie: It's in one of the microfictions on jimbutcher.com

Jim: Oh yeah I actually did that on the website. Since then he's been feeling guilty a lot and drinking and sort of stalking Ivy about and still trying to protect her occasionally and to which she's just like "no, no, I cannot deal with this, no" but he's bad at boundaries and so is she so it's a very broken relationship between the two of them.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline didymos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 05:05:09 AM »
While interesting, it doesn't address the question at hand.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 07:25:38 AM »
While interesting, it doesn't address the question at hand.
It tells you that he's a drunken wreck at the moment which answers the original question about whether he'd know about Drakul being in town, people in that state probably aren't tracking the actions of a boss they cut ties with at least decades ago.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline didymos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 07:45:32 AM »
It tells you that he's a drunken wreck at the moment which answers the original question ...

Not really. 

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2021, 03:20:47 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if he was lurking about in the shadows during the battle, still having Ivy's back.  She knows it as well, but won't acknowledge him for a number of reasons, many are the same as the reasons she didn't acknowledge Harry. Not just to punish both of them a bit for what they pulled at the end of Changes, but she now needs more than ever to send a message to the rest of the supernatural world that she is independent and a force to be reckoned with, as her grandmother was.  The Archive keeps score, calls balls and strikes, it has no friends.

Offline didymos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2021, 10:21:36 PM »
Not just to punish both of them a bit for what they pulled at the end of Changes, but she now needs more than ever to send a message to the rest of the supernatural world that she is independent and a force to be reckoned with, as her grandmother was. 

Kincaid worked for her grandmother:

“No,” Luccio said. “But Kincaid was working for Ivy’s grandmother at the time, and the girl confided in him.”

Butcher, Jim. Small Favor (The Dresden Files, Book 10) (p. 408). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2021, 05:25:50 AM »
Kincaid worked for her grandmother:

However that doesn't mean he was as close to her grandmother as he was to Ivy. Being a body guard, maybe occasional assassin is one thing, but perhaps seeing himself as a surrogate parent is quite another.  The former he did for Ivy's grandmother, but for Ivy, he did try to be a parent in his own fashion.  Remember him saying to Harry how he tried to get Ivy into things "normal" little girls did?  Also just because he worked for her grandmother, it doesn't mean that the grandmother wasn't detached, she was.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2021, 07:31:07 AM »

What short story showed this??
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline didymos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2021, 08:50:53 AM »
What short story showed this??

It was a WOJ.  It was posted above.  Although it didn't say anything about taking other jobs.  Just that he's been drinking and still sorta protecting Ivy.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 08:56:48 AM by didymos »