Author Topic: Toot Height Comment  (Read 6373 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Toot Height Comment
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2021, 02:51:49 AM »
So enabling the pizza she strengthens Harry as a tool, one that she might wield as she pleases.

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2021, 08:49:54 PM »
I disagree, I think it was about mantles.

The WK was involved as summoned by Mab, and the Warden of Demonreach volunteered to bind the Titan. When the squid-things attacked, the Za-Lord of the Little Folk joined the battle; in acknowledgement of support his Guard was armed as befitting their service.

I think this is why Mab smiled at Harry when he said he'd handle it. I really do think the Za-Lord is a minor mantle of the Wyldfae, independent of Harry's other identities.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2021, 12:04:16 AM »
Not everything is a Mantle, it is a title, and may be given legitimacy by Mab’s recognition of it.

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2021, 05:24:21 AM »
Not everything is a Mantle, it is a title, and may be given legitimacy by Mab’s recognition of it.

Here, I disagree. Za Lord is a mantle Harry is creating, I think- I would think it very Butcher that Mab's reference to immortality is regarding the Za Lord

Edit: In fact, Toot's complete non-concern at Harry dying would make sense- like the Erlking, he'd get better.

It would also explain why he was out of the Council, but not under a death sentence- he's achieved what Kemmler needed workarounds for.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 05:40:41 AM by BrainFireBob »

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2021, 06:40:34 AM »
Mantles don’t evolve from nothing,  they are created. The Six Queens two Knights and Kringle are the only Mantles we are told are Mantles, nine in total. The are overladen the original being, hence the name. If Harry is accruing power as the Za Lord it is due to him, and him alone. It dies with him. The Little Folk allegiance to Winter would not.

My guess is Kringle was created as an interlocutor with the White God, for the Fae given that Kringle and Uriel lunch once a year. Kringle is the White God’s man within Winter, the current defenders of the gate, and there with Winters blessing, like a member of an allied military.

Toot does not have any concern for Harry, because Harry is not Pizza.

Jim has said to stop seeing Mantles in everything.