Author Topic: BAT Timing Is Perfect  (Read 1795 times)

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
BAT Timing Is Perfect
« on: March 08, 2021, 02:16:20 AM »
PT/BG took place in 2014. We have 5 more regular books before the BAT, the final three books.

If Jim keeps his pace of the books have about a year's separation.

That means the BAT kicks off in 2020.

Perfect, Jim. Perfect.
The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: BAT Timing Is Perfect
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 01:14:09 PM »
Assuming Jim sticks to a regular timeline. But I did think about this a long time ago when it was mentioned (I think in one of the earlier books like Grave Peril) that the Red Court war was earlier than they wanted...Harry sort-of forced their hand. Something about how they intended it to be 20 years after the millennium or something.

I wonder if Jim will include a certain virus for the BAT. Might be a bit close to home.

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 02:04:10 PM »
I think in five or six years we'll have enough distance from it to remember all the discomfort and isolation to be thankful that we're not there any longer.
The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 02:58:48 PM »
Assuming Jim sticks to a regular timeline. But I did think about this a long time ago when it was mentioned (I think in one of the earlier books like Grave Peril) that the Red Court war was earlier than they wanted...Harry sort-of forced their hand. Something about how they intended it to be 20 years after the millennium or something.

I wonder if Jim will include a certain virus for the BAT. Might be a bit close to home.
Well he's including a plague, which mostly just sounds like an utter migraine because staying politically neutral when writing about the US' pandemic response would be ridiculously difficult if going into any real detail.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 04:30:40 PM »

Problem, at the current rate of publishing, maybe the story takes place in 2020, but we won't read the BAT until 2040 to 2050...

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 08:45:07 AM »

A virus?  Of course, but it won't be covid-19, it will be wormwood.  The thing Mother Summer was keeping in a cracked jar.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 01:50:28 PM »
PT/BG took place in 2014. We have 5 more regular books before the BAT, the final three books.

If Jim keeps his pace of the books have about a year's separation.

That means the BAT kicks off in 2020.

Perfect, Jim. Perfect.

Yep, but no one notices because we spend the entire year behind our thresholds quarantining.