Author Topic: Elaine wag  (Read 6905 times)

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Elaine wag
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2021, 10:21:46 PM »
Because Mab explicitly said she wants Harry and Lara to have one. (Or was it more than one)?
Explicitly? I don't recall that. I do get that impression from the end of Battle Ground but I don't think she actually said it outright.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2021, 12:40:27 AM »
Because Mab explicitly said she wants Harry and Lara to have one. (Or was it more than one)?

Mab didn't say anything about kids. She wants the wedding to cement the alliance and said Harry has 12 months for his feelings on the matter to change.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2021, 08:53:09 AM »
Just what the series needs, another kid.

Agreed.  It would be like Cousin Oliver in the Brady Bunch.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2021, 06:11:53 PM »
Explicitly? I don't recall that. I do get that impression from the end of Battle Ground but I don't think she actually said it outright.
Mab said “The fusion of bloodlines is how these things are generally arranged,” so I guess she called for it implicitly.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2021, 06:31:02 PM »
Mab said “The fusion of bloodlines is how these things are generally arranged,” so I guess she called for it implicitly.

Kings and Queens were married for the rights to call upon help from another nation, and that was before any child was conceived. I believe they considered just the marriage a fusion of bloodlines.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2021, 07:50:56 PM »
Kings and Queens were married for the rights to call upon help from another nation, and that was before any child was conceived. I believe they considered just the marriage a fusion of bloodlines.

Yes but the offspring is how you really seal the deal.  A child born of two leaders is not really a leader of one nation, or another but both equally.  So it's a way to really form a true binding between the nations.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2021, 10:11:55 PM »
Yes but the offspring is how you really seal the deal.  A child born of two leaders is not really a leader of one nation, or another but both equally.  So it's a way to really form a true binding between the nations.

True, but the way Mab talked about doing the job herself if she could, she isn't in that train of thought. A child isn't what she wants between them. Just an alliance  between the courts.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2021, 02:49:25 PM »
True, but the way Mab talked about doing the job herself if she could, she isn't in that train of thought. A child isn't what she wants between them. Just an alliance  between the courts.
Or that was exactly the reason why she could not. Changing her sex is bad for her magic.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2021, 04:40:20 PM »
I raised this myself several years ago.

Elaine went to Summer for protection, if she stayed in the Never Never she and any child would require mortal food and drink as well as protection, incurring a substantial debt. Firstborn is the gold standard (just ask lea), so she could have traded any child for that and the child’s continued protection.

Aurora may have wanted the child as a future Summer Knight, to balance out Harry, who clearly outpowers the current Summer Knight, and that much is clearer since BG. It always took me that Aurora took her daughters death at Harry’s hand so well. Perhaps because she has Harry’s son and part of that deal was not to harm him?

I wonder if when we see a new Summer Knight Harry takes an instant dislike to him, because he is just like Harry, who only finds out the truth after each tries to kill each other, and he pulls something similar to what Harry did on Eb about Thomas. “Harry, I am your son”.

Whatever the truth we have not heard the full story regarding Elaine.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2021, 05:51:20 PM »
Harry killed Aurora and Titania, Aurora’s mother did not take it that well.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2021, 11:43:40 PM »
I raised this myself several years ago.

Elaine went to Summer for protection, if she stayed in the Never Never she and any child would require mortal food and drink as well as protection, incurring a substantial debt. Firstborn is the gold standard (just ask lea), so she could have traded any child for that and the child’s continued protection.

Aurora may have wanted the child as a future Summer Knight, to balance out Harry, who clearly outpowers the current Summer Knight, and that much is clearer since BG. It always took me that Aurora took her daughters death at Harry’s hand so well. Perhaps because she has Harry’s son and part of that deal was not to harm him?

I wonder if when we see a new Summer Knight Harry takes an instant dislike to him, because he is just like Harry, who only finds out the truth after each tries to kill each other, and he pulls something similar to what Harry did on Eb about Thomas. “Harry, I am your son”.

Whatever the truth we have not heard the full story regarding Elaine.

Titania did not take it well..  She was on the verge of madness
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2021, 03:10:39 AM »
Titania did not take it well..  She was on the verge of madness
She took it well enough to not smite Harry when pulling Aurora's corpse out of his arms and that's about as well as can be expected from anyone.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2021, 05:36:10 AM »
She took it well enough to not smite Harry when pulling Aurora's corpse out of his arms and that's about as well as can be expected from anyone.

Could she have in that moment?  Free will vs Mantle?  I don't know if in that moment she was capable or not.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2021, 08:40:08 AM »
Harry has two children. One he had with Susan, one he had with Lash.
Yeah, but BG proved that Dresden doesn't care about her. The entire battle he was worried about his Daughter (singular). He never once thought about his daughters.

I wonder if Jim has thought this through.  If he has, then I think it's logical to guess that this will bite Harry on the ass sometime in the future.  Sooner or later Bonnea should notice that Harry doesn't treat her the same way that he treats Maggie and the results of this won't be good.  All I remember Harry saying to Bonea in Peace Talks was agreeing with her when she said that pancakes are inanimate.  It was an impersonal and unemotional interaction.

So, I conclude that either Harry doesn't know how he should raise a spirit of intellect, and this emotionally paralyzes Harry's thoughts and actions about Bonea, or (and I really don't like saying this) it's really sloppy writing on Jim's part; and I doubt that or at least I really want to doubt it.  Jim went to a lot of trouble to create Harry's spirit daughter so I think he must have a plan or general idea where he eventually wants to take this new character.  Also, consider that most of the major characters in Dresden Files don't get a nice smooth path to follow.  So Bonea's bumpy road could start with Harry being; at best, an ambivalent father to her.     
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2021, 05:29:03 PM »
I would hope that Bonea (Shame on giving your child a pun for a name Harry, that’s child abuse) during Twelve Months is able to manifest an ectoplasm body around her skull, making Harry reassess his relationship with her, especially if that body reminds him of Murphy.

Bonea was made out of the love Harry felt for the women in his life, a physical Bonea would be the only child he and Murphy would have together.