Author Topic: Can only a mortal take up a Coin? Who should get Deirdre's Coin?  (Read 3432 times)

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Can only a mortal take up a Coin? Who should get Deirdre's Coin?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2021, 03:19:47 PM »
I'll tell you one person who I wouldn't mind seeing with a Coin just because it means the gloves can come off in dealing with him.......good ole Rudolph.

Hmm ... it's a long shot, but what if he already has been? H+K speculated he was being paid to stick the bank thing to them, but it didn't really fit with their previous theory he was on Marcone's payroll. What if Nic mailed him a coin after skipping town, and he's semi-possessed rather than bought? Maybe he's new enough not to be fully under the Fallen's thumb, but more or less as susceptible to mood and perception manipulation as Hannah Ascher was?

A fallen riding shotgun and torquing his mood and perceptions would explain a lot - the repeated loss of control, the apparently delusional take that Karrin had blown up a person rather than a jotun, and firing without seeming to mean to.

At first it seems weird that if he had a coin, he wouldn't have transformed when Harry was trying to kill him. But what if instigating Harry to murder him was the whole fallen plan? If Butters hadn't stopped him, he was on the verge of doing something that would have stained him as a warlock, submerged him into the winter knight mantle, and possibly even corrupted his access to soulfire (based on the smell of brimstone when Butters cut him). Could be Rudolph as a host, especially a not fully compliant one, wouldn't have been enough to take Harry out in an open fight. But tricking him into corrupting himself with a wrathful murder, with good odds Uriel would cut him loose and the Council might take him out? That's a good trade for one dixie cup bearer.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2021, 03:26:43 PM »
Now that I could see, and it would work on a number of levels.
It would not work. Rudolph is not interesting for a fallen who pretends to work with the host and a fallen who just takes over is not really interesting for us.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2021, 03:36:07 PM »
It would not work. Rudolph is not interesting for a fallen who pretends to work with the host and a fallen who just takes over is not really interesting for us.

I think that remains to be seen, take the one back in Death Masks that Harry accidentally soul gazes.
The poor man is literally crucified by his very bad choice.  It could be a take on a Denarian miscalculation.  On the surface Rudolph might seem ripe to take a coin, but because he is so weak it is a disaster for the Fallen.

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2021, 12:08:12 AM »
Hell, Mab wouldn't do it because Mab would have to balance the scales.

She's a faerie. Killing Charity would incur a massive debt to the entire Carpenter family.

For one thing, she'd probably be on the hook for raising the rest of the Jawas, which would either result in a Evil Stepmother scenario or a hilarious sitcom plot about a faerie queen adapting to life in the 'burbs- possibly both.

I would watch the Hell out of that sitcom. And I don't like sitcoms.
The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2021, 12:44:55 AM »
I would watch the Hell out of that sitcom. And I don't like sitcoms.

Narrator Voice GO!

Queen Mab thought she had it rough when she was waging an endless war against Lovecraftian Horrors from beyond time and space. But she’s about to find out:

Judge: I sentence you to 10 years hard Parenting!

She was dead wrong.

Now this former queen is about to experience

Mab: What do you mean I’m Suspended?!?
Mother Summer: Sorry dear, but the board is decided.

How the other half lives.

Coming Soon to HBO: Mab, Queen of Suburbia.

It would be awful and ridiculous and amazing.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 12:48:55 AM by forumghost »