Author Topic: The bazooka (BG Spoilers)  (Read 1465 times)

Offline LaraBeck

• Participant
    • View Profile
The bazooka (BG Spoilers)
« on: February 01, 2021, 07:16:49 AM »
Hello guys.. just wanted your take on this.

In Battle Ground, we know Murphy uses a rocket launcher, and Dresden makes an observation about that, and they joke about it. But it kinda reads like he doesn't remember that they have a similar conversation before in Skin Game. Granted, in Skin Game it turned out that the rocket launcher was actually a disguise for the sword.

I guess one could argue that they were referencing that actually, and the joke was on purpose of that previous conversation, but it doesn't read like that tbh. It kinda reads like Dresden doesn't remember that they discussed Murph having a bazooka.

From Battle Ground
She stood there with the rocket launcher on her shoulder and one hand on her hip and grinned at me as I came close.
“Seriously?” I asked. “A bazooka?”
“Had two. That other one was my practice launch,” she said.
“You never told me about it.”
Her grin widened. “No, you great gawking man-child. You’d have wanted to play with it.”
I put a hand over my heart and gave her a wounded look. “Ow.”
“Truth hurts, huh?”

From Skin Game
...Karrin’s favorite little Belgian carbine was there, along with what looked like a couple of space guns. “New toys?” I asked.
“I’m a girl, Harry,” she said, rather smugly. “I accessorize.”
“Is that a bazooka?”
“No,” she said. “That is an AT4 rocket launcher. Way better than a bazooka.”
“In case we have to hunt dinosaurs?” I asked.”
“The right tool for the right job,” she answered.
“Can I play with it?”
“No. Now go to bed.”

I dunno a thing about weapons and stuff, so I might be understanding it wrong, but the AT4 and the bazooka, rocket launcher or whatever are all some kind of the same thing, basically, aren't they? So, why does Harry act surprised by Murphy having it or using it, and talks like they haven't had this very similar conversation in Skin Game?

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The bazooka (BG Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 12:12:26 PM »
.... Time shenanigans!

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 12:44:42 PM »
.... Time shenanigans!
Or more errors. But I hope you are right!
Hi, I'm a moderator. We're here to help. Please remain calm. Don't go outdoors.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 12:55:50 PM »
This is Jim reusing themes and scenes.  He does it constantly. In the Summer Knight cantina scene he has the temperature drop by forty degrees and then has Maeve use a ward on Slates arm to stop him when he gets angry. In Proven Guilty he has the temperature drop by forty degrees during the attack in the screening room.  Someone uses a ward on Harry to slow him down while at the same time casting a murk, the murk is then used in Small Favor at the train station. There are many others. He also reuses locales, most notably the Fool Moon Garage.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 11:29:15 PM »
I took it to mean he thought the rocket launcher from SG was fake and the one he wasn't told about was the one used in BG. The "fake" one was a real used one. That's two.