Author Topic: Cowl, Marcone, and Nicodemus walk into a bar  (Read 1365 times)

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Cowl, Marcone, and Nicodemus walk into a bar
« on: January 23, 2021, 05:16:48 PM »
They argue over who's going to pay for the drinks. Who walks out alive...And if Mac serving the drinks we know Mac's going to clean house.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cowl, Marcone, and Nicodemus walk into a bar
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 11:48:16 PM »
Nicodemus. There is a reason he has survived 2 thousand years and is as far as we know Anduriel's only host.

Sure Marcone and Namshiel are dangerous, but Marcone is barely out if his 40s and it isn't Namshiel who leads the Fallen.

Mac is bad but his power isn't really based in combat, and tbh no one is sure how much he can access..but it probably isn't much.

Cowl is the unknown. On the one hand he has proven to be far more durable than most and survived quite a few things that should have killed him. He also doesn't seem worried by death curses either. His offence of course is also quite strong, and we haven't seen the worst of it.

However, unless they know about the Noose it would be almost impossible to kill Nicodemus. Clearly he also granted a measure of super strength and speed at times from Anduriel, and Anduriel also clearly has the ability cut magic users off from their power. Without the right magic source it might be impossible to counter...I seem to remember Harry used soulfire to counter it. And we have never seen the full power of Anduriel either. Nic himself is the deadliest hand to hand combatant. But his biggest advantage is knowledge, and I suspect he would know more than the other two and be suitably prepared.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 12:01:34 AM »
I was almost content to let this reply stand. But the one part of this post that was more of a joke I didn't think you would comment on it. Why would Harry put that placard up knowing that anybody has to go through Mac first.... I'm sorry but I don't think Harry is going to put all his friends lives and innocent peoples in a pushovers hand. I think if Mac burps microbrew he waste all three of them. But interesting you chose Nicodemus

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 02:54:54 AM »
Well I suspect it Harry put Mac as the focus of the Placard for a simple reason: he would die to defend those people. Mac is no pushover either, but I don't think it was about strength. And of the choices he had...I don't know if he had a better option in terms of loyalty, duty and courage. And everyone else who is really strong was elsewhere.

Mac got smacked by the Denarians last time remember. The theory is he is a transubstantiated angel into a mostly human form, a Watcher at that. Mostly this seems to be confirmed at least in part during BG.

I think it was more about the strength of their values than the strength of their arms.