Author Topic: 2 Things ..Maggie and Catsith  (Read 2185 times)

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
2 Things ..Maggie and Catsith
« on: January 10, 2021, 02:57:46 AM »
Did Catsith survive? And will Maggie have magical talent and will her blood be special because of the red Court?

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Things ..Maggie and Catsith
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 12:47:56 AM »
I take it nobody has a single theory about catsith

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 09:57:13 PM »
Yes and yes.

At first I thought you wrote catfish and though "this is going to be interesting."  :)

Jim said something about how Cat Sith definitely died seeing as how he was thrown into Lake Michigan and we don't have a body in that voice he uses when he means the opposite is likely the case.

Jim has said that being carried by Susan would definitely have some effect on Maggie. The question is what that effect will be. Will she have a wizard's talent or some other magical talent?

He also said something about Billy and Georgia's child. Something about taking care of a baby werewolf is hard, and that's why we only saw Billy in GS. There was a follow up question and I don't remember if Jim focused on parentage generally or having a mother transform while carrying a child specifically. I think it was the second.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 03:25:25 PM »
Uriel suggested it was a possibility when he said Mouse could live long enough even when Maggie was a wizard. Margaret’s mother was not a wizard so it can be inherited via the father as well. Environment may play a role too, only Molly became a wizard because her mother stopped being one.

Mab’s gift might indicate she knows something about Maggie Harry does not. As usual.

Cat Sith is put in that place characters go who might be fun in future. Just killing them is a waste of narrative potential.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 03:28:12 PM by Arjan »
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 12:42:11 AM »
I'm wondering what kind of side effects or Red Court tendencies Maggie might have been born with.  She obviously doesn't have the blood thirst, but that doesn't mean she couldn't have inherited some other interesting or even disturbing Red Court traits. 

Just to think about fringe possibilities, I don't think it's impossible that when Maggie reaches puberty, the first time she kisses someone she finds out her kiss; saliva actually, acts as a mild narcotic on the person she kisses.  Not as strong as the Red Court; and probably not as strong as her mother, but strong enough to be both useful but at times annoying; like when she doesn't want the other party to get stoned, so to speak.

Another possibility is sudden super-strength; when in danger.  It would be useful those times when Mouse isn't present or is present but has his paws full.  In a half-turned vampire like Susan, that kind of activity would increase her blood thirst and could potentially lead to a loss of control.  Seeing as Maggie isn't a half-turned vampire, use of super-strength might have other downsides.  It might make her ability to control her emotions; meaning control her magic, more unstable.  Assuming the White Council exists when Maggie becomes an adult, there will have to be a reason for them to be afraid of her, besides her family history.  Another possibility is that use of super-strength temporarily diminishes Maggie's ability to use magic, or at least use complex magic.

I'm somewhat stuck after that.  I don't remember what other traits that Red Court vampires had that might transfer to a human hybrid.  Wait, there is one.  If I really want to go outside the box, when her magic comes in I could see Maggie becoming able to form a kind of flesh mask, making her into a pseudo shape shifter, but possibly only good for mimicking other humans or those beings who look human.  One problem Maggie would have is that her flesh mask recreation of another person would only be as good as her memory would allow it to be.  She couldn't do something down to retinas like Goodman Grey.  Plus, I don't think a flesh mask would necessarily allow her to copy someone else's voice.

Anyone have any different ideas?     
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 12:52:57 AM by KurtinStGeorge »
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 01:07:25 AM »
Well I don't think many children are born from half vampire and Mortals not many people had magic means to have sex. Harry was special LOL. So we can only speculate on side effects but such a union. But I'm guessing enhanced strength and Agility is a given. At least in part. And I believe Magic from Harry. But I'm curious if she goes darker. As in using black magic. See the magic that Bianca and malvra used. She might have to struggle a little bit to get her magic and self-control under control.

Offline the_doc

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2021, 05:16:11 PM »
Maggie, after puberty, could kill a person, or being forced to do that, and become the queen of a new lineage of Red Court Vampires.