Author Topic: What happened to Carlos Ramirez?  (Read 5315 times)

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
What happened to Carlos Ramirez?
« on: January 10, 2021, 02:45:24 AM »
Are those the injuries he suffered from trying bone Molly?

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to Carlos Ramirez?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 02:57:34 AM »
Are those the injuries he suffered from trying bone Molly?
Yes, he was injured before that as well but Molly did the damage we see in PT/BG.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 05:30:01 AM »
Yes, he was injured before that as well but Molly did the damage we see in PT/BG.

Yes, and the damage done was more than physical, in my opinion.  No, I don't believe she put
some kind of whammy on him mentally, but the damage to his pride was extensive and made him
vulnerable to whoever is poisoning his mind against Harry.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 06:54:02 AM »
  Yes, and the damage done was more than physical, in my opinion.  No, I don't believe she put
some kind of whammy on him mentally, but the damage to his pride was extensive and made him
vulnerable to whoever is poisoning his mind against Harry.
That would be Harry.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 09:39:25 AM »
That would be Harry.
Oooh, the shade  ;D

Really, Harry is giving Carlos enough reasons but I agree with Mira, something else is going on. Ramirez knows Harry's heart, so to speak.
Still, I repeat my theory. Carlos will go the same way of Butters. He doubted Harry and now he is fiercest, defending him with almost fanaticism. Harry will save Carlos life or something and he will see the light  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 09:56:27 AM »
Oooh, the shade  ;D

Really, Harry is giving Carlos enough reasons but I agree with Mira, something else is going on. Ramirez knows Harry's heart, so to speak.
Still, I repeat my theory. Carlos will go the same way of Butters. He doubted Harry and now he is fiercest, defending him with almost fanaticism. Harry will save Carlos life or something and he will see the light  :)
I'm still betting Carlos's virgin status is going to make him a sacrifical lamb at some point. Maybe he'll sacrifice himself for Harry, but he's definitely gonna make the sacrifice play somehow.
*Oooh, you know what, this harkens back to Foxes theory the series is split in two and repeats itself and mine that it is inverted. Carlos is the inversion of Morgan! Starts out as trusted Ally turned enemy vs enemy turned trusted ally... Makes me think Carlos is gonna die on the wrong end of things..
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 09:59:29 AM by The_Sibelis »

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 10:26:52 AM »
I thought about Ramirez sacrificing himself to save Harry's life, I just hope it's not the case. Too chliché.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 11:49:52 AM »
Ramirez sacrificing himself in becoming the next Winter Knight. Freeing Harry somehow without Harry having to die. If my theory is correct, that only the Knight can be with the Lady. Then him and Molly could be together.

This is just a wish. I'm almost sure it won't happen.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 05:07:11 PM »

I can see Carlos coming to his senses, but I can also see a confrontation between him and Harry where Harry is forced to kill him.  Just another thing for Harry to carry guilt over.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2021, 06:37:05 PM »
Ramirez sacrificing himself in becoming the next Winter Knight. Freeing Harry somehow without Harry having to die. If my theory is correct, that only the Knight can be with the Lady. Then him and Molly could be together.

This is just a wish. I'm almost sure it won't happen.

Yeah, that ship has been burned, blown up, sunk, and iced over. Anytime Carlos has thought of Molly after the beatdown, he gets a twitch trying to hide his panic.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!

Offline Smaug with OCD

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 06:46:17 PM »
Personally, I think Carlos will play the part of the virgin for the eventual Dresden Holy Grail quest.
Cookies are awesome. Join the Dark Side.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2021, 10:10:23 PM »
Personally, I think Carlos will play the part of the virgin for the eventual Dresden Holy Grail quest.
Ooh, I like your thinking. Even if Nic and Harry (the recoverers of the grail from hades) don't fit the mould, what with both having (had) a daughter.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 02:21:40 AM »
Oooh, the shade  ;D

But not before kicking Harry's ass at some point because it's Harry's lot in life to get by weaker but more skilled enemies.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2021, 06:21:17 PM »
But not before kicking Harry's ass at some point because it's Harry's lot in life to get by weaker but more skilled enemies.

Oh I think someone else will kick his ass before he sees the light.

Offline dspringer1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2021, 11:18:36 PM »
I wonder why Dresden burned Carlos during the meeting.    Yes he had to create a distraction, but why target Ramirez (aka - a friend) rather than some warden or other attendee at the meet and greet.