Author Topic: 30 Coins (HBO Max)--Not exactly a spoiler for DF  (Read 1988 times)

Offline EBRIEN

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
30 Coins (HBO Max)--Not exactly a spoiler for DF
« on: January 11, 2021, 07:38:55 PM »
Have you seen it? I just finished the first episode. Not bad. There were moments when I
(click to show/hide)
When a character
(click to show/hide)

Just needed a White Council wizard to pop in via the NN and help out the priest.
All in all, I thought it was good fun--and a little disturbing.

Happy Monday!

Brien

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Coins (HBO Max)--Not exactly a spoiler for DF
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 06:06:04 AM »
So, it's a supernatural show? I had barely heard of it.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline EBRIEN

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 04:25:47 PM »
Yes. So far, it's a slight variation of what a Dresden Files fan would expect from the coins--demonic possession and bad guys plus durability as long as you have the coin. Bad guys in the know who want the coins. Good guys with no clue being pulled into the dark world of the coins. It's in Spanish with subtitles. I'm on the second episode.

Cheers---Brien

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 05:08:33 PM »

Yeah, back in Death Masks it was Michael I believe who stopped Harry from doing that very thing, picking up a coin bare handed..  Harry was totally clueless about the danger, of course he did it in the end.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 07:27:00 PM »
I checked, it's a Spanish production by Alex de la Iglesia. I suspect I may watch it (Spanish is my language). But even when I am sure I saw a trailer on my tv, it is not available for me yet. I'll try to find when it airs.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline EBRIEN

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 09:54:20 PM »
Cool! Let us know what you think!

Cheers--B