Author Topic: Another reader for Audiobooks  (Read 2833 times)

Offline Kachada

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Another reader for Audiobooks
« on: January 04, 2021, 06:25:10 AM »
Does anyone know where I can find recordings of the audiobooks with a different reader. I love the Dresden Files and am trying to catch back up. However, I do things where I cannot sit down and read most days. The man that reads the Dresden Files on Audible does so on a poor quality mic. He smacks his lips as he talks and seems to eat on mic. I cannot listen to that as certain sounds such as that provoke a rage reaction.

If you know of other readers I would appreciate it.

Offline Thanatos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Another reader for Audiobooks
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 06:57:15 AM »
James Marsters is a great voice actor, and his readings are very clear and professional in my Audible books.  Who is reading on yours? 
The first version of _Ghost Story_ (DF13 on CD) used a different reader but he wasn’t bad either.  There are also DF audiobooks recorded for the library for the blind I use sometimes (low vision in my case), but I don’t know how the reader for that is, since I have Audible and CDs.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 10:10:33 PM »
OMG, you didn't like James Marsters?
I adore the guy! In my head his voice is Harry Dresden for me since I listened to the audio books. Usually I don't like audio books, but these I bought because of James Marsters.

But as Thanatos suggested: maybe you have someone else reading or there might be some problem with your speakers that it sounds so weird?

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 04:32:04 AM »
its a troll. he has only posted once and its to complain about an audio
I am who I am that's all that I am from my head to my toe that's all that I am.