Author Topic: Marcone's Appearance  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Thanatos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Marcone's Appearance
« on: December 31, 2020, 06:39:21 AM »
Has anyone collected all of the passages describing Marcone's appearance?  If so, could you paste them here?  I've been visually impaired for over a decade now, so I've been an audiobook listener for a while.  As such, it's difficult to find specific references like this. 
Or, if someone has an index of what's in various chapters throughout the series, I could definitely use that. 

I remember his eyes are the green of an old dollar note and I assume he's typically in a suit, but I don't recall if his hair has gone entirely grey or not.  After he apparently summoned and accepted the coin, he of course had the second set of Fallen eyes, but I don't remember what color they were or if he was physically restored in other ways besides having his neck unbroken. 

Thanks!

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Marcone's Appearance
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 03:27:41 PM »

From Fool Moon, beginning of chapter ten.

His eyes are the color of old fades dollar bills.
His skin is weather worn with an outdoors-man's tan. 
Creases around eyes and mouth as though from smiling, but those smiles are only rarely sincere.
He wears expensive suits.

Hope that helps.

Offline Thanatos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 05:29:15 PM »
Thanks, but is that all?  I recalled that much already, but I was hoping there were more descriptions that included things like height, build, hair color, etc. 

Come to think of it, his eyes may not be green at all, since the front of a bill is grey.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 05:49:19 PM »
Thanks, but is that all?  I recalled that much already, but I was hoping there were more descriptions that included things like height, build, hair color, etc. 

Come to think of it, his eyes may not be green at all, since the front of a bill is grey.
Hopefully contradictory so we can start so we can invent wonderful explanations.  From Changes:

Marcone sat in the booth as if at a boardroom table. He wore a silk suit probably worth more than my car, and sat with his elbows on the table, his fingertips pressed together into a steeple. He looked like a man in his mature prime, neat and precise from his haircut to his polished leather shoes. He watched me come over to the table and slide my plastic tray into place before me. I dumped four or five packets of sugar into my coffee and stirred it with a little stick. "You're not eating?"

He looked at his watch, and then at me. He had pale green eyes the color of old bills, but less personal. His stare was unsettling, and he met my eyes without concern. We had already taken the measure of each other's souls.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 05:53:40 PM »

Apparently along with what Arjan added, which is basically the same description aged a bit.  I think though that since Namshiel has come on board, we will see some physical changes in appearance.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 10:51:01 PM »
Or, if someone has an index of what's in various chapters throughout the series, I could definitely use that.
my apologies good sir, I had started that very thing before being told by some big headed know it all that it wasn't a worthy endeavor.  :o looks like it would have held great value... To some..

Offline Thanatos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2021, 05:43:46 AM »
I wouldn't want it to infringe or spoil anything, but an index of things like:
Marcone's Appearance: b02c10   
...needn't quote the story at all, just tell someone what to read or listen to. 
Seems weird that someone would want to block that, especially since other resources like the timelines have been around forever and could be even more spoiler-prone.