Author Topic: Lara Raith killed Malcolm Dresden  (Read 12445 times)

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Lara Raith killed Malcolm Dresden
« on: December 30, 2020, 04:44:39 AM »
How can you not see a Twist like this coming. Malcolm died with a smile on his face. And Lara doesn't even know she did but we'll find out her father made her do it.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Lara Raith killed Malcolm Dresden
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 05:41:09 AM »
He died of an apparent aneurysm... Anyone remember Lash threatening to give Harry an aneurysm? Yea...

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 01:52:42 PM »
He died of an apparent aneurysm... Anyone remember Lash threatening to give Harry an aneurysm? Yea...

"Apparent" isn't fact, it is speculation based on how something appears.  In other words there was no autopsy.  It would have described the damaged vessel and his death certificate would read he died of massive hemorrhage due to a ruptured aneurysm. Or a statement of fact because of Malcolm's known medical history, age, etc, we have no clue though because no one has seen his death certificate.  On the other hand it might be that an aneurysm is the ultimate cause of death for White Court Vamp victims.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 02:12:21 PM »
"Apparent" isn't fact, it is speculation based on how something appears.  In other words there was no autopsy.  It would have described the damaged vessel and his death certificate would read he died of massive hemorrhage due to a ruptured aneurysm. Or a statement of fact because of Malcolm's known medical history, age, etc, we have no clue though because no one has seen his death certificate.  On the other hand it might be that an aneurysm is the ultimate cause of death for White Court Vamp victims.
apparent was my words, not the books.. of course we don't know. We don't know if there was an autopsy either. But why would Wamps cause an aneurysm? More likely your ahhh unit would explode lol. And this is all speculation my dear, it's what we do here, no?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 02:57:25 PM »
apparent was my words, not the books.. of course we don't know. We don't know if there was an autopsy either. But why would Wamps cause an aneurysm? More likely your ahhh unit would explode lol. And this is all speculation my dear, it's what we do here, no?

Indeed, but if an aneurysm was listed as a cause of death, who is to say that isn't what causes the ultimate death of a WCV victim?  We need to ask Butters, he must of autopsied a WCV victim a time or two in his career.. What are the physical signs do death by excessive pleasure brought on by feeding leave?  Also if you didn't think such vampires existed in the first place, what would you put down?  A otherwise healthy person dies, no sign of physical illness, no presence of drugs or poison in blood, no physical trauma, but a reason has to be given.  I guess my point is Malcolm died in his sleep in a motel with his six year old son present.  One would think the state at the very least would have ordered an autopsy, this is routine when there is no known cause of death, and someone is found like he was.  This is to rule out a couple of things like suicide or even murder.  I smell cover up, the question then becomes who did the covering and why?

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 03:32:40 PM »
who is to say that isn't what causes the ultimate death of a WCV victim?
the complete lack of correlation between WCV powers and aneurysms mostly(or build up of symptoms for such). Nobody bleeding out their nose in WK,  no mention of it being possible when Thomas almost kills Justine, ect. "When we rip the life force from someone it causes brain hemorrhages" In real life, we have people die mysteriously all the time, natural causes, ect. No reason to invent something for what would look like a natural mystery as apposed to supernatural. Covering up bite marks and drained corpses is more on the that line of thought.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 04:04:27 PM »
the complete lack of correlation between WCV powers and aneurysms mostly(or build up of symptoms for such). Nobody bleeding out their nose in WK,  no mention of it being possible when Thomas almost kills Justine, ect. "When we rip the life force from someone it causes brain hemorrhages" In real life, we have people die mysteriously all the time, natural causes, ect. No reason to invent something for what would look like a natural mystery as apposed to supernatural. Covering up bite marks and drained corpses is more on the that line of thought.

Yes, people do die of natural causes, however in the case of Malcolm, who was from out of town, most likely middle aged at best, that diagnosis wouldn't be put on his death certificate without evidence, known medical history etc.  There are no "bite marks or drained corpses" left behind when a WCV is done.   I don't know about your state, but in ours if someone like Malcolm is found dead of no apparent cause, no one knows him or his medical history, an autopsy is automatically done to rule out foul play or suicide.  Or this from a CNN story about death by natural causes..

However, in the case of a younger person with no history of a medical condition, “an autopsy becomes a much more critical part of the process. Young people don’t just die suddenly,” Fowler said.

That would be Malcolm, not saying that heart attack etc cannot be ruled out, but I'd think there would have been an autopsy. 

There isn't an answer as to what the physical findings are for a death by WCV.. 

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 04:18:44 PM »
Generally White Court Vampires give people orgasms rather than aneurysms- perhaps you have confused the two?

There were several teams looking out for Harry for different purposes.

1. Morgan to keep him safe on his word to Margaret.

2. Ebeneezer  to ensure Harry was raised in the same way he raised Margaret i.e. away from his family to be adopted in as an apprentice should he show talent.

3. Whoever was in cahoots with Justin, and dissappeared Harry into the system.

Morgan had no reason to off Malcolm and wouldn’t as this would be a breach of the law.

Eb might have offed Malcolm, as Blackstaff he could do so with impunity, but Harry hadn’t shown any ability as yet. Still an outside possibility and a grim one for Harry.

Number 3 is the most likely and that I think is the Merlin, recent WOJ indicates that the Merlin has been trying to manipulate Harry for years. Justin was a trusted senior Warden, exactly the person the Merlin would go to if he didn’t trust Lucio or Morgan in respect of Harry. It would be apt that the Merlin is guilty of a deliberate premeditated breach of the first law in killing Malcom Dresden having hounded Harry for a breach in self defence. The Merlin strikes me as a hypocrite of the first order.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2020, 05:38:07 PM »
Generally White Court Vampires give people orgasms rather than aneurysms- perhaps you have confused the two?

No confusion, aneurysms leave physical evidence when people die of them.  People do not die of orgasms generally, nor do orgasms leave physical evidence of why the person died, if they do.  It could be why Lord Raith was always so careful in the disposal of his victims?  A dead twenty something with no known health issues for whom a cause of death could be found would raise a lot of questions.
Number 3 is the most likely and that I think is the Merlin, recent WOJ indicates that the Merlin has been trying to manipulate Harry for years. Justin was a trusted senior Warden, exactly the person the Merlin would go to if he didn’t trust Lucio or Morgan in respect of Harry. It would be apt that the Merlin is guilty of a deliberate premeditated breach of the first law in killing Malcom Dresden having hounded Harry for a breach in self defence. The Merlin strikes me as a hypocrite of the first order.

Not saying that this is true, but it all screams cover up.  If Chauncy can be believed, he claimed that Malcolm was murdered.  The question then becomes by whom? Why? Finally, who is covering it up?

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2020, 05:48:47 PM »
I can't see it being Lara tbh, simply because if Raith had tracked them down, he'd have had her kill the defenseless child Harry too.

My top suspect would probably be Justin (or more likely whoever was helping him, no way that Justin himself had the resources to hide Harry so thoroughly that both Morgan and Eb couldn't find any trace of him, mundane or magical).

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2020, 07:24:26 PM »
It does make me think the Merlin and Peabody, using the power of bribery and paperwork to hide Harry, and Justin to pick him up.

The Raith’s could always find Harry by a tracking spell through Thomas Amulet, Eb didn’t have access to anything like that (Harry has tracked through a familial relationship but this was further generation removed). That convinces me no Raith involvement.

But yes there were three groups on the WC keeping an eye on the Young Harry, from everything we have seen.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2020, 07:37:21 PM »
I believe the White Court just sucks the life out.  If I remember Butters looks at the corpses in White Knight and can't find a cause of death.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2020, 08:12:54 PM »
I thought it was heavily implied that Lord Raith used an entropy curse just like he did in blood rites.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2020, 08:27:40 PM »
I thought it was heavily implied that Lord Raith used an entropy curse just like he did in blood rites.

On Margaret. We know nothing of Malcolm, aside from at the moment of his death someone was ready to disappear Harry so thoroughly that the best of the Warden field agents- Morgan- couldn't find him 12 hours later.

I lean toward the Leanansidhe, myself, but the Merlin is possible, in an attempt to create a WC controlled starborn weapon- or, in other words, Harry wasn't being groomed as DuMorne's personal enforcer, but as a wizard-warrior against threats like Drakul, possibly because such preparation would fly in the face of the Laws and the volatile Blackstaff.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2020, 09:21:40 PM »
On Margaret. We know nothing of Malcolm, aside from at the moment of his death someone was ready to disappear Harry so thoroughly that the best of the Warden field agents- Morgan- couldn't find him 12 hours later.

I lean toward the Leanansidhe, myself, but the Merlin is possible, in an attempt to create a WC controlled starborn weapon- or, in other words, Harry wasn't being groomed as DuMorne's personal enforcer, but as a wizard-warrior against threats like Drakul, possibly because such preparation would fly in the face of the Laws and the volatile Blackstaff.
Justin is a likely culprit. He is the only one with a strong motivation to kill the father and not the son and to make sure he can easily take Harry later as an orphan and make Harry thank him for it.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]