Author Topic: 1066, Hastings, Stamford Bridge, and the Outer Gates  (Read 4602 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: 1066, Hastings, Stamford Bridge, and the Outer Gates
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2021, 04:39:33 AM »
I wonder if Maeve’s and Sarissa’s father died young because of the Leanansidhe? It fits her pattern.

Offline grogleberry

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2021, 11:08:00 PM »
Given the talk of Merlin and Mab I had always assumed she was Morgan le Fey - the enchantress from Arthurian legend.

She was Merlin's apprentice, as was Mab.

If she ascended to the mantle of the Winter Lady, she could arguably have been called "pimply" by Corb - maybe just another way of calling her childish and youthful. Alternatively, Harry mentions warts being a byproduct of magic in an earlier era (as well as milk turning). Maybe she had some kind of spot or blemish as a changeling or mortal wizard due to her use of magic.

If she was alive then, perhaps she followed a similar path to Maragart le Fey, grew distant from her ostensible allies in the White Council (or a prototypical version of it), leading to Merlin distancing himself from her, as Ebenezar has to Maragaret and now Harry.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2021, 04:29:53 AM »
I always picture Mab as the Lady of the Lake,  Nimue, White Samite cold dark places etc. That would probably make Titania Morgana Le Fay.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2021, 02:14:28 PM »
I always picture Mab as the Lady of the Lake,  Nimue, White Samite cold dark places etc. That would probably make Titania Morgana Le Fay.
🤔 I'm quite sure we've met Morgana... Except she calls herself Mavra now..
I'm not sure about lady of the lake.. harry goes to the lake to call Lea, but Mab shows up, so would that mean Lea has lake connections technically since Harry expected her? Mabs definitely Nimue though.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2021, 09:48:03 PM »
Except she calls herself Mavra now..
Did we get a WoJ on Mavra's age? I think remember something about, but I'm very uncertain.

Offline EBRIEN

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2021, 12:11:16 AM »

She was Merlin's apprentice, as was Mab.

Wait. What?! reference please.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2021, 12:27:31 AM »
Did we get a WoJ on Mavra's age? I think remember something about, but I'm very uncertain.

I believe Mavra is Elizabethan, the clothing she wears indicates that is the case. Most likely studied with Dr John Dee, and could be his wife Jane who took part in his experiments and ‘died’ of bubonic plague in 1605. Why else would Jim research this except for character background? Dee has been confirmed as a wizard by WOJ, he spoke to angels which might be suggestive of Soulfire.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2021, 10:17:29 AM »
She's youngish for a blamp at about 600 by WoJ.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2021, 10:49:53 PM »
That’s why she was Ringo to the rest of the Black Court Beatles, a stripping of only 400 years who had previous intel of Chicago. She quite clearly been their Gofer as far as the Court are concerned “attend this minor Red Court nobles function” “get us the Word of Kemmler” etc etc

Both Drakul and Dracula have been other historical monsters according to WOJ,  so could be thousands of years old.