Author Topic: New microfiction on the site  (Read 16015 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: New microfiction on the site
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2021, 08:09:26 PM »
I don't know what 1-10 means. But yes, I know "Northener" can be funny for some  :D
You cannot go much South than here.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2021, 08:35:49 PM »
It's an Interstate Highway running along the Gulf Coast.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2021, 08:36:38 PM »
Ah, thank you.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2021, 01:58:35 AM »
For further reference, Interstate 10 runs from the Pacific Ocean in Santa Monica, California (near Los Angeles) all the way to the Atlantic in Jacksonville, Florida.  So, very much a route through the Southwest U.S. through much of the South.  I used to drive a few miles of it every morning to get to my job in downtown Los Angeles and never thought how far that freeway went.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2021, 05:49:07 AM »
Thanks for the data.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2021, 10:50:52 AM »
On the microfiction: this kinda ties in really well with my thoughts on the Defenders of the Bean. Molly is expanding Harry's reputation tremendously here. Makes me wonder what kind of impact that's going to have later on, if any.
It's finally going to bring the Marcone-Harry antagonism to a head, along with the Denarian thing. Molly and Harry have openly declared they're fighting for Chicago, which already has a Baron. Marcone will fight back.