Author Topic: Surprises  (Read 4905 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Surprises
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2020, 09:41:25 PM »
Very good, Kindler!  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2020, 10:36:10 PM »

Cowl.
The line in DB about Cowl being a Goethe fan could hint at any of these candidates.
1. Cowl is...Justin. (Goethe literally wrote the Sorcerer's apprentice - if that isn't a hint what is?)
2. Cowl is...Simon (Goethe also wrote about Vampires in The Bride of Corinth)
3. Cowl is...Nicodemus (Goethe's most famous work is Faust)
As if Cowl would be a fan of anyone except himself so the case is closed. Cowl is Goethe.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2020, 05:29:37 PM »
7. Hastings. I've got a ton of theories about what went down during Hastings/the Battle of Stamford Bridge, the Norman Invasion, and the Outer Gates. I think I'm probably going to be wrong about a big chunk of them, but they've brought up Hastings too often for it to never be revealed.
8. Some thought that Marcone would bear Amoracchius during the BAT. I think that's out of the cards after BG. Who, then, will carry the Sword of Love? Will that be Thomas's triumphant return? Murphy's? ...Maggie's?
We get references to Norman Invasion left and right. There's the Hastings reference, the rode with the Conqueror one, and Jim's reference to Celtic mythology around 1066 about Mother Winter's walking stick.

To me it feels too obvious, but not explicit enough. Like Jim is tricking us. Then again, the Mac is an angel references were everywhere and kind of obvious too. If I had to bet money, I would put it on the Norman Invasion. But I'm not going to be shocked if it was all a misdirect.

I don't think Marcone is out. There's always a chance at redemption. That's the point of the Knights. I'd rather Harry has to fight him, though.

Maybe Harry will be the one to take up Amoracchius? The whole series is about him struggling against temptation and his inner darkness. It's all about his redemption.

I think it's highly likely that there are a few sucker punches around Odin. He isn't the "good guy" he appears to be. His hatred of the Forest People hints at that as well. And the whole theory about him setting up Harry as a weapon against the Red Court sticks in the mind. Not sure I am sold on the Gatekeeper thing though, but I will add it in. It's an interesting enough idea that he has been involved the whole time. Maybe even more so if you consider he and those like him (Drakul comes to mind actually, but also Erlking, Nicodemus and maybe even Kemmler) have held multiple identities over the centuries. It's even a bit Warhammer or Amber, both of which Jim is a fan of.
I missed his hatred of the Forest People. I do recall the Beowulf part, but I thought that was just about Blood on His Soul's people (the Genoskwa or warpath).

Basically that whole conversation:
(click to show/hide)

I don't really buy the Gatekeeper thing either. Just thought it amusing and ridiculous, but still entirely possible.

I figure the owed favor is a debt and the creditor can pass ownership by sale, trade or bequest.
That is how debts to faerie queens works.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2020, 06:15:20 PM »
Future/alt Harry and Molly deserve representation!

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2020, 12:10:10 AM »
Harry has a sword of love and an eye of hate/love. I think he is going wield both at the end :-)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2020, 05:04:04 AM »
We get references to Norman Invasion left and right. There's the Hastings reference, the rode with the Conqueror one, and Jim's reference to Celtic mythology around 1066 about Mother Winter's walking stick.

To me it feels too obvious, but not explicit enough. Like Jim is tricking us. Then again, the Mac is an angel references were everywhere and kind of obvious too. If I had to bet money, I would put it on the Norman Invasion. But I'm not going to be shocked if it was all a misdirect.

I don't think Marcone is out. There's always a chance at redemption. That's the point of the Knights. I'd rather Harry has to fight him, though.

Maybe Harry will be the one to take up Amoracchius? The whole series is about him struggling against temptation and his inner darkness. It's all about his redemption.
I missed his hatred of the Forest People. I do recall the Beowulf part, but I thought that was just about Blood on His Soul's people (the Genoskwa or warpath).

Basically that whole conversation:
(click to show/hide)

I don't really buy the Gatekeeper thing either. Just thought it amusing and ridiculous, but still entirely possible.
That is how debts to faerie queens works.
There was no hatred mentioned to the forest people in general on Odin’s part. The only thing mentioned was that many einherjaren had fought against the war path and would have strong reactions against any forest people but it never got to fighting in battle ground and I think that is a good sign. Vadderung and ferrofax do not like each other but they can handle it.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]