Author Topic: WHat about Bob?  (Read 6554 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: WHat about Bob?
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2020, 07:27:47 AM »
Yeah he didn't hurt her much, but that chink in the armor --even though the armor didn't become useless because not much of its integrity was lost-- meant her arm was exposed.
Odin exploited that fact with accurate strike using the rest of his power, so Sanya's success in penetrating it became the vital turning point for the fight against Ethniu. She became an injured Titan instead of just tired one inside an intact armor.
Yes, together they acted like a wolf pack attacking a large animal.  Alone, a wolf perhaps cannot take on a bull moose or a large stag, but a pack of wolves can with team work, and that is how they took Eithniu down, including going for her Achilles tendon.

Offline djerf

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2020, 03:34:32 PM »
I doubt that titanic bronze is a " i win button" in any way, it doesn't really work like that in the DF, even the swords have angels riding along to provide what help they are allowed and the Spear did not make Dresden undefeatable.

I read it more like it helps channel, shape and perhaps boost ones will, the same will wizards use when using magic.

I find it more likely and interesting to have Dresden incorporate the bronze in his gear, the still missing should bracelet comes to mind as a clear candidate.

Up untill changes we have been told that wizards are the most dangerous when they are prepared, and we have been shown how Dresden use and tinker with his gear. Since Ghost Story we've been told how Dresden hasn't had the time or opportunity to recreate his arsenal and how he misses it.

Titanic bronze is lika a super conductor for magic Eithniu  plugged it in to her own metaphysical nuclear power plant and used it for her own personal maglev train, I long to see Dresden build a supercomputer that he can plug into his own wall socket.

Offline deadvoid

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2020, 10:33:31 PM »
Think of titanic bronze as magical super kevlar that can withstand almost every physical or magic forces aside from divine or infernal powers, it may or may not have boosted resistance if weared by stronger than Harry, but on its own it's near invicible

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2020, 11:11:02 PM »
Titanic bronze is lika a super conductor for magic Eithniu  plugged it in to her own metaphysical nuclear power plant and used it for her own personal maglev train,
Not the terms I would have chosen, but I like it. An apt description I think. It's certainly something I think needs a source power to function. Something like a cross between an enchantment and foci.