Author Topic: Something Occured to Me as to Why the Senior Council is so Afraid of Harry  (Read 31396 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Something Occured to Me as to Why the Senior Council is so Afraid of Harry
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2021, 08:14:53 AM »
You don’t loose your soul accepting the coin. The knights still try to rescue your soul and it is possible to throw it away like Santa showed. Accepting the coin starts a proces that leads to loosing your soul.

I don't lose your soul when you accept a coin.  If you did, then you wouldn't have a chance at redeeming it from damnation.  In other words, you still have your soul, it is just damned unless
you give up the coin.  However that act alone won't save it, you have to work at it.  The Knights
if successful, give you a chance at that.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2021, 08:27:51 PM »
You may be on to something with the raising of armies. The WC can't do that because they don't operate in the open. Harry does and may become something of a celebrity which could give him an even bigger following.

Only Marcone/Namshiel, Mab, Hades and Anna Valmont know that Harry has the knife. Nicodemus surely suspects it but only those four can say it with certainty.

Hey Mira, long time no talk, I hope you're well.

Well I agree this would raise even more concern but they have been worried about Harry for much longer, and for other reasons:

1.  Son of Maggie, a dangerous wizard by all accounts.  A real trouble maker.
2.  He's a Starborn (It's hinted they are aware because Liberty telling McCoy "You know what he is")

So just being born, he was someone to be concerned about.

3.  He killed (most think murdered) a Warden, and dangerous wizard.

Margaret Le Fey's Starborn son has killed before reaching adulthood, a great start.

4.  He's open about being a wizard

We go to all this troube to be in secret and this man-child is practically announcing to the world we exist.

So by a very young age he was already a really big potentionally dangerous pain in the ass.

5.  War with the Red Court

Wherever this man-child goes, destruction follows, and now he's started a war.

Imagine working incredibly hard to run a respected Police department, and one officer is raising hell, and leaving a trail of destruction.  Before long people are making noise about this officer, and demanding you do something about him.  This is Dresden.  He's a member of the Council, and was a big trouble maker.

6.  Warden of Demonreach

This was a huge one maybe the biggest...  Dangerous, man-child, starborn is now in control of the prison that holds dark gods, and evil beings.  At this point members were considering having him killed per words of Jim

7.  Becomes Winter Knight of Mab

They want him gone, and now cannot do it without some serious wrath.

So from his birth he was a potential problem, and has only become more of one over the decades.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2021, 09:22:39 PM »
Hey Mira, long time no talk, I hope you're well.

I'm good, thanks!  ;D And you?

So from his birth he was a potential problem, and has only become more of one over the decades.

Well, they forgot a basic rule about keeping pets, no matter how cute and cuddly, stay clear if it can grow up to eat you! ;)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2021, 04:14:30 AM »
I'm good, thanks!  ;D And you?
Doing good, thank you :)

Well, they forgot a basic rule about keeping pets, no matter how cute and cuddly, stay clear if it can grow up to eat you! ;)

True...  Or the whole "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer".  They instead treated him badly, and drove him away.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2021, 04:29:41 AM »
True...  Or the whole "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer".  They instead treated him badly, and drove him away.

I don't think they could make up their mind. 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2021, 05:40:37 AM »
I don't think they could make up their mind.
The gatekeeper was occupied. The children are known too act irrationally out of fear when he is not there since summer knight.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2021, 07:49:33 PM »
The gatekeeper was occupied. The children are known too act irrationally out of fear when he is not there since summer knight.

He has been back at least once though, he did the paperwork for Harry when he came back.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2021, 08:32:33 PM »
He has been back at least once though, he did the paperwork for Harry when he came back.
That was some time ago.

The problem is the gates demand too much attention lately and he can not babysit them all the time.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2021, 08:54:56 PM »
6.  Warden of Demonreach

This was a huge one maybe the biggest...  Dangerous, man-child, starborn is now in control of the prison that holds dark gods, and evil beings.  At this point members the Merlin were was considering having him killed per words of Jim Ebeneezer's journal.

Another thing is that the Council was moving to oust Harry before he raised his fairy army. I'm sure it didn't help his case, though.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2021, 09:28:18 PM »
Before Peace Talk I did not believe they would do it because it was stupid. And it is.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2021, 09:37:23 PM »
Before Peace Talk I did not believe they would do it because it was stupid. And it is.

What is stupid?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2021, 06:07:21 AM »
What is stupid?
Kick him out of the white council. If you kick him out without killing him the only thing you do is giving up ways to influence and control him.

If they now attack him it will be far more difficult to frame it as an internal white council thing and far easier for a Harry to say it is an attack on winter.

The only thing I can think of is that they are afraid of the influence he has on people inside the council but he has only little contact with people in Edinburgh and one of them is Ramirez
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2021, 07:55:03 AM »
I agree, it is one of the first things I said after reading BG. Fired him of the Council is stupid. To start with, it allows Mab to ask him things she couldn't have asked while he was a Council member. They are afraid of Mab controlling him, but now they are doing things easier for her.

And Harry himself TRIED to control himself when he was a warden. Now, he has no reason for that.

It is like you have a dangerous animal in a cage. You are afraid the animal escapes, do something bad and you are blamed for that. So you decided your best course of action is...set him free. Now they won't blame you. But there is still a dangerous animal in the wild.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2021, 01:16:08 PM »
Kick him out of the white council. If you kick him out without killing him the only thing you do is giving up ways to influence and control him.

Or as in an old Peter Baker episode of DR Who, called "The Deadly Assassin," the Doctor, now President of the Council of Galafrey, has all the trouble makers kicked out of the city.  He does that
not just to protect them from an alien invaders capable of reading their minds, but because outside
the city they are able to fight against the invaders something they couldn't do with in.

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2021, 03:36:40 PM »
I agree, it is one of the first things I said after reading BG. Fired him of the Council is stupid. To start with, it allows Mab to ask him things she couldn't have asked while he was a Council member. They are afraid of Mab controlling him, but now they are doing things easier for her.

And Harry himself TRIED to control himself when he was a warden. Now, he has no reason for that.

It is like you have a dangerous animal in a cage. You are afraid the animal escapes, do something bad and you are blamed for that. So you decided your best course of action is...set him free. Now they won't blame you. But there is still a dangerous animal in the wild.

It makes him fair game to eliminate as both Warden (so the post can be filled by a sycophant) and more importantly, he's not sporting the Eye but must have the Eye. It's an excuse to axe him and rifle his stuff to find it for the Council.

Power corrupts.