Author Topic: Something Occured to Me as to Why the Senior Council is so Afraid of Harry  (Read 31571 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Something Occured to Me as to Why the Senior Council is so Afraid of Harry
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2021, 09:05:07 PM »
I think Murphy will still be Murphy. Also, Gard said she can't be back but nobody said that Harry can't visit. I suspect he will find a way to at least communicate with her.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2021, 05:58:48 AM »
I think Murphy will still be Murphy. Also, Gard said she can't be back but nobody said that Harry can't visit. I suspect he will find a way to at least communicate with her.

Some how I doubt it, she will look like Murphy perhaps, but her mind set will be different. 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2021, 06:04:38 AM »
In theory,  I agree that should happen. A person would change. But in reality I don't think JB wants to change his character. We will see though.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2021, 07:14:29 PM »
In theory,  I agree that should happen. A person would change. But in reality I don't think JB wants to change his character. We will see though.

Yes, we will see, but we do have a pattern, apply maximum pain on Harry...  Imagine twenty years from now he runs into Murphy doing whatever for Odin..  He knows her, but she has no memory of him, or worse completely blows him off because her purpose has changed and he isn't part pf it..  There is a reason I think for the rule, in a time of crisis Odin cannot afford to have his warriors distracted by loved ones or the memory of loved ones.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2021, 07:34:38 PM »
I agree, but we won't see Harry 20 years in the future.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2021, 08:01:19 PM »
Well not even Jims sure if Harry will survive the series. I hope he does for more than sentimental reasons. Ebenezar is 3 times Harry's age, Morgan lived to be a hundred. What's the point of reminding us of wizards longevity if the main Wizard never experiences it.

At the very least Molly should have to watch her beloved family die slowly.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2021, 07:28:10 PM »
Faded is not the same as gone, it is a little bit vague. It is a slow process.
My memory of friends and family who died years ago has faded. My memory of what friends, family, and myself looked like not that many years ago has faded.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2021, 08:37:53 PM »
My memory of friends and family who died years ago has faded. My memory of what friends, family, and myself looked like not that many years ago has faded.

My son died almost twenty years ago now, he was 21 years of age..  While my memories of him as a young child are fresh, when I dream of him, this is what I dream.  I almost never think of him as he was when he died.  The only reason I can think of as to why this is, is those memories are too painful and I have blocked them out.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2021, 11:11:30 PM »
You spent more time with with a child when they are younger and have more memories of that time. By 21 a parent is outside looking in, not really a part of a child's life any more.

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2021, 08:41:26 AM »
I have a kid who is 2,5 years old now. It could also be because they are brother. I mean, I am very rarely or ever as happy as he is when he gets to paint, or jumps on the sofa, or lots of other small stuff. So maybe small kids just shine brighter.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2021, 07:39:34 PM »
couldn't be raised if her immediate & extended families are still alive, but i suspect it won't matter when Ragnarok comes
Yeah, I don't think Ragnarok counts, exactly. Something tells me Murphy will be there.
And yeah, Murphy will change, but I don't think Valkyries recruit Einherjaren and they lose who they were. If they did, what would be the point of being selective? Just pick good warriors and the job's done.
Decades in the future, Murphy will have had a different perspective, but I think she'll still be Murphy. Kinda like switching jobs, or becoming a parent, or any number of things that alter your outlook, plus time spent. A salesperson moving over to accounting will have different views after a while.
Murph already changed after losing her badge. Instead, she became a warrior and a guardian. Seems like that's pretty much what she can expect from Valhalla, down the line. In the meantime, it's just mead, partying, and training for a while.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2021, 02:55:46 AM »
Or maybe it's only the Allfather (and puny humans-and-other-lesser-supernaturals) limited that way, and greater powers (e.g. Uriel acting through Harry and the tools of TWC's rebirth) could do it. And breaching the shroud of death will be a key part of gathering the mooks for the Apocalypse.

I think TWG makes the Rules, and can change them as He sees fit. Uriel.... his bailiwick is more Free Will. How was her will infringed on? He may have the power, but it is out of his sphere....

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2021, 03:01:43 AM »

If he could communicate with Malcolm, why not Murphy?

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2021, 03:04:27 AM »
There is also this if there was hope for an immortal meeting up with a lover now Einherjar in the distance future, you'd think Gard would say it, she loved Hendricks.  All she said was, it wasn't going to happen.

I don't think the memories of the likes of Gard would count in the limitations, only humans. But Hendricks has most likely two big blockers - Harry, and Denarian Host Marcone. They could be alive a long time. Though maybe Marcone would not count  as quite human any more - presumably he lost his soul accepting the coin. The Knight mantle did not require renouncing his. Now, does the Lady count? Molly did not volunteer to become Lady, she was possessed.... 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2021, 06:27:02 AM »
I don't think the memories of the likes of Gard would count in the limitations, only humans. But Hendricks has most likely two big blockers - Harry, and Denarian Host Marcone. They could be alive a long time. Though maybe Marcone would not count  as quite human any more - presumably he lost his soul accepting the coin. The Knight mantle did not require renouncing his. Now, does the Lady count? Molly did not volunteer to become Lady, she was possessed....
You don’t loose your soul accepting the coin. The knights still try to rescue your soul and it is possible to throw it away like Santa showed. Accepting the coin starts a proces that leads to loosing your soul.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]