Author Topic: Something Occured to Me as to Why the Senior Council is so Afraid of Harry  (Read 31539 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Something Occured to Me as to Why the Senior Council is so Afraid of Harry
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2021, 04:23:11 PM »
It is still Murphy. Just a Murphy who is even stronger and more skilled and not afraid to die. But according to Freydis they are not that good as lovers. I am sure she tried.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2021, 06:39:04 PM »
It is still Murphy. Just a Murphy who is even stronger and more skilled and not afraid to die. But according to Freydis they are not that good as lovers. I am sure she tried.

Is she?  In body, perhaps, but she won't be the Murphy Harry knew, not after a couple of hundred years in Valhalla.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2021, 07:49:49 PM »
Is she?  In body, perhaps, but she won't be the Murphy Harry knew, not after a couple of hundred years in Valhalla.
Harry would not be the same Harry by that time but he also is still Harry
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2021, 09:08:46 PM »
The further away from the last moment, the stranger to each other they will be.  Part of what makes a relationship is shared experience. After a year there will be less and less of what made them a couple. After 20 there would be essentially nothing but memories.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2021, 09:17:31 PM »
The further away from the last moment, the stranger to each other they will be.  Part of what makes a relationship is shared experience. After a year there will be less and less of what made them a couple. After 20 there would be essentially nothing but memories.
Except that because they are both immortal they will get a different attitude to time.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2021, 10:57:52 PM »

Or Harry especially will be holding on to what was, that woman no longer will exist.  Harry won't be the same man either, they may not even like one another anymore.  Also given what little dialogue we've heard from the Einherjar, they don't strike me as the sentimental type.  There is also this if there was hope for an immortal meeting up with a lover now Einherjar in the distance future, you'd think Gard would say it, she loved Hendricks.  All she said was, it wasn't going to happen.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2021, 11:02:28 PM »
Except that because they are both immortal they will get a different attitude to time.
At which point they are no longer human and as such love isn't in the cards. And neither is friendship.  Mab doesn't have a best bud to hang out with.  No sleepovers, hen parties or any such nonsense.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2021, 11:10:23 PM »
At which point they are no longer human and as such love isn't in the cards. And neither is friendship.  Mab doesn't have a best bud to hang out with.  No sleepovers, hen parties or any such nonsense.
That is Mab. We have some indications that they do not all work that way.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2021, 03:23:08 AM »
That is Mab. We have some indications that they do not all work that way.

Yet Mab loves/d her daughters still and she tells Harry she has had a cohort of lovers  that she's buried. Immortals may not express their feeling openly but they still have them. Otherwise all those grudges would be forgotten.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2021, 05:35:52 AM »
Yet Mab loves/d her daughters still and she tells Harry she has had a cohort of lovers  that she's buried. Immortals may not express their feeling openly but they still have them. Otherwise all those grudges would be forgotten.

Yet Mab was able to order the death of her daughter because it was necessary.  Also I think one has
to be careful comparing the two, love of a child is a different kind of love than romantic love. 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2021, 11:57:35 AM »
Read first the last microfiction:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 12:00:11 PM by Arjan »
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2021, 01:08:35 PM »
Read first the last microfiction:
(click to show/hide)

So?  Are Harry and Murphy going to be enemies in the future?  No, most likely be fighting on the same side, but it won't be like it was between them, ever...

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2021, 01:59:53 PM »
So?  Are Harry and Murphy going to be enemies in the future?  No, most likely be fighting on the same side, but it won't be like it was between them, ever...
Love maybe not but friendship is definitely possible. Just like a friendship between Molly and Kringle is possible. It has become clear that Mab’s ideas about these things are not absolutely how it has to go and all previous preconceptions are not necessarily always true.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2021, 05:12:10 PM »
Love maybe not but friendship is definitely possible. Just like a friendship between Molly and Kringle is possible. It has become clear that Mab’s ideas about these things are not absolutely how it has to go and all previous preconceptions are not necessarily always true.

Mab and Kringle, we are talking demi-gods and gods here.  Not ordinary people, Murphy isn't going to remain Murphy in the Halls of Valhalla, not even close.  Remain friends?  One has to have a relationship for that, they won't.  I repeat, if there was hope for any of that, Gard would have said it.
She lost a lover in Hendricks and a friend in Murphy as well, she, herself is immortal, she said, no.

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2021, 10:59:27 AM »
If Micheal tells Harry something I will generally trust it.
If Gard or someone else that serves a god that rents out mercenaries to gangsters and is known for a fair amount of trickery tells him something, I generally don't trust it. It is certainly important and given her frame of mind when she tells it it seems pretty believable.
But she is as far as we know "just" a Valkyrie her information might be limited, she might be omitting something/lying for Harry's own good.

My main point is that I think there is wiggle room and we will see :-)