Author Topic: Harry needs to do something to activate his abilities?  (Read 1280 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Harry needs to do something to activate his abilities?
« on: February 02, 2021, 02:19:48 AM »
Throughout the series different half-beings need to do something to become fully what they are.  Red Court need to kill someone, White Court need to kill someone, some of the Fae need to make the decision of either being mortal, or embracing the Fae side. 

I'm wondering if there is something similar for Harry, and that's why it's been kept from him.  They know that the desire for more power may be too great, and if he had the knowledge of how to activate his abilities he'd do it.  I think him wanting to save his daughter is an example that he'd do whatever it took to keep her safe, and becoming a another Drakul wouldn't be too big a price.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Harry needs to do something to activate his abilities?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 02:27:00 AM »
Well, it's all around Choice.

This is what I believe the end game is of all the moulding that Harry gets from everyone. They all want him to choose a certain way. I suspect the choice will appear to be gaining more power and even immortality, perhaps at the cost of who he is. Alternatively, he might have to sacrifice himself to stop some awful end of the world thing.

I wonder if Harry might even find a rare third option. The choice will be between violence and non-violence I think, and Harry is bad at the latter.

I suspect Harry will start seeing more of what he is soon and his powers will build. Perhaps part of the sacrifice will be giving up his power - even magic.

I agree though. So far, Harry would become whatever monster he needed to be if he thought it was "the right thing" - certainly for his loved ones. But perhaps over time he will become less inclined to do that. The hardest choice is always the choice to do nothing.

Offline ZhonLord

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 02:52:08 AM »
There's also the "stars and stones", whatever they are.  Harry is a Starborn, and whatever the final secret of that meaning is, it is something that even the Council folks who like Harry the most are uncomfortable just telling him without consulting their peers first.  If Harry's meant to activate some final aspect of the Starborn at a specific place and time, it would help explain why they're so reluctant to tell him  before it's the "appropriate time to do so." 

Alternatively it could mean he's meant to sacrifice himself in some way which would also fit with said reluctance. So I could be on the wrong track here.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 02:55:36 AM »
There's also the "stars and stones", whatever they are.  Harry is a Starborn, and whatever the final secret of that meaning is, it is something that even the Council folks who like Harry the most are uncomfortable just telling him without consulting their peers first.  If Harry's meant to activate some final aspect of the Starborn at a specific place and time, it would help explain why they're so reluctant to tell him  before it's the "appropriate time to do so." 

Alternatively it could mean he's meant to sacrifice himself in some way which would also fit with said reluctance. So I could be on the wrong track here.

Mab may want to sacrifice him.....  The idea of Mab throwing around Drakul's type of magic pretty scary....  He's supposed to have some power over Outsiders per Lash....  If Mab obtained that power via the Stone Table, she in theory may have the ability to finally defeat the Outsiders.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 03:15:11 AM »
Throughout the series different half-beings need to do something to become fully what they are.  Red Court need to kill someone, White Court need to kill someone, some of the Fae need to make the decision of either being mortal, or embracing the Fae side. 

I'm wondering if there is something similar for Harry, and that's why it's been kept from him.  They know that the desire for more power may be too great, and if he had the knowledge of how to activate his abilities he'd do it.  I think him wanting to save his daughter is an example that he'd do whatever it took to keep her safe, and becoming a another Drakul wouldn't be too big a price.
ohhh mmmmmyyy yessss. I've theorized all wizards have the ability to make 'the choice' but
1 most never twig to it
2 wizardry indoctrinates them into being mortals who have magic, wizard's.
This might be part of why they stop aging but only for a period of time, once the choice is made certain they start to age again. If Harry will look 50ish for most of his existence (per BG iirc) then something has to trigger the eventual decline perhaps? That's when the choice sticks.