Author Topic: Something Occured to Me as to Why the Senior Council is so Afraid of Harry  (Read 31555 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
  In Battle Ground Harry was able to do something the most powerful wizards on the planet cannot  do.  Raise a loyal army, that is why they freaked when Harry was able to call the Little Folk to his aid, and even if it was under Mab's power blanket, he was able to rally hundreds of Chicago vanilla citizens to his side to fight the Fomor and the Titian, he also was able to rally the Paranet.  That scares the hell out of them, in the war against the Red Court, yes, there was a wizard army, some cooperation from the Winter Court, but no one outside of that.  Most wizards are solo creatures, Christos, Eb, and Listens to Wind did do their part in the battle, but they couldn't call anyone/followers to their side to sacrifice and fight.  The only other wizard I can think of that had/has disciples/followers on that level, was Kemmler.  And they also know by now that Harry possesses the Spear of Destiny and all that goes with that.  No wonder Harry has them wetting their robes.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 07:19:19 PM by Mira »

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Something Occured to Me as to Why the Senior Council is so Afraid of Harry
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 05:41:43 PM »
You may be on to something with the raising of armies. The WC can't do that because they don't operate in the open. Harry does and may become something of a celebrity which could give him an even bigger following.

Only Marcone/Namshiel, Mab, Hades and Anna Valmont know that Harry has the knife. Nicodemus surely suspects it but only those four can say it with certainty.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 07:17:25 PM »
You may be on to something with the raising of armies. The WC can't do that because they don't operate in the open. Harry does and may become something of a celebrity which could give him an even bigger following.

Only Marcone/Namshiel, Mab, Hades and Anna Valmont know that Harry has the knife. Nicodemus surely suspects it but only those four can say it with certainty.

Oh I think once Harry was able to jail Ethinu that secret is out.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 08:28:42 PM »
While the White Council may not know that Harry has the Spear of Destiny, they know he's the Warden of Demonreach (They can't be in denial about that any longer.) and he had the power to bind and imprison Ethniu from the shores of Lake Michigan.  Harry didn't have to lure the Titan to the island and the Council leadership would have no way to know that Harry was operating at the limit of the Island's power.  On top of that, Harry pretty much told Carlos that he not only had Ethniu, but that he could control her to do his bidding.  And he explicitly said, "That's a threat."

There might be several other magical artifacts that would have allowed Harry to do what he did, we can't be certain.  What the Senior Council can be certain of is that Harry has something, very powerful, that allowed him to get the job done.  On a related subject I wonder about the placard that Harry convinced Mac to hang up in his bar.  Is it still there or did Mac take it down afterwards?  The reason I wonder about this is all it would take to give the Senior Council a big clue is for Ramirez to have stopped at Mac's for a beer before he left town.  (Maybe because he wanted a beer and maybe to ask some questions.)  My guess is that a wizard would be able to detect the power coming off of that thing, even if they couldn't identify it.  It's likely a description of that item would be enough to make someone on the Senior Council realize what it is and figure out what else Harry might have in his possession.

Finally, remember that in Turncoat, the Gatekeeper found it disturbing that the "little folk" were organizing, and that was probably based on nothing more than rumors that couldn't be substantiated.  It was one of those unnatural occurrences, similar to the sky raining toads that told the Gatekeeper that something extraordinary and dangerous was occurring.  Finally learning that Harry was the reason for this organization and that he controlled their purpose must have really freaked the older wizards out, because if a mortal could control an army of small fae, that could mean he could control an army of large fae.  Oh wait, Harry did command an army of large fae during the battle.  I think it would have been hard for Cristos, Ebenezer and LTW not notice that at the vanguard of Harry's mortal forces was a screen of some really nasty members of the Winter Court.  So, their worst fears were confirmed.   
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 08:40:00 PM »
Oh I think once Harry was able to jail Ethinu that secret is out.
And Anduriel might have watched the whole thing.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 03:21:01 AM »
While the White Council may not know that Harry has the Spear of Destiny, they know he's the Warden of Demonreach (They can't be in denial about that any longer.) and he had the power to bind and imprison Ethniu from the shores of Lake Michigan.  Harry didn't have to lure the Titan to the island and the Council leadership would have no way to know that Harry was operating at the limit of the Island's power.  On top of that, Harry pretty much told Carlos that he not only had Ethniu, but that he could control her to do his bidding.  And he explicitly said, "That's a threat."

There might be several other magical artifacts that would have allowed Harry to do what he did, we can't be certain.  What the Senior Council can be certain of is that Harry has something, very powerful, that allowed him to get the job done.  On a related subject I wonder about the placard that Harry convinced Mac to hang up in his bar.  Is it still there or did Mac take it down afterwards?  The reason I wonder about this is all it would take to give the Senior Council a big clue is for Ramirez to have stopped at Mac's for a beer before he left town.  (Maybe because he wanted a beer and maybe to ask some questions.)  My guess is that a wizard would be able to detect the power coming off of that thing, even if they couldn't identify it.  It's likely a description of that item would be enough to make someone on the Senior Council realize what it is and figure out what else Harry might have in his possession.

Finally, remember that in Turncoat, the Gatekeeper found it disturbing that the "little folk" were organizing, and that was probably based on nothing more than rumors that couldn't be substantiated.  It was one of those unnatural occurrences, similar to the sky raining toads that told the Gatekeeper that something extraordinary and dangerous was occurring.  Finally learning that Harry was the reason for this organization and that he controlled their purpose must have really freaked the older wizards out, because if a mortal could control an army of small fae, that could mean he could control an army of large fae.  Oh wait, Harry did command an army of large fae during the battle.  I think it would have been hard for Cristos, Ebenezer and LTW not notice that at the vanguard of Harry's mortal forces was a screen of some really nasty members of the Winter Court.  So, their worst fears were confirmed.
Rashid knew everything except for maybe the Spear.

An attack by the Fae would be an attack by Mab not Harry.

Harry's goose was cooked in Summer Knight, it just took the water a while to boil. 

The only question in Turn Coat was if Harry had been taken by Nemesis.

And Justin was maybe trying to create a Berserker, which should frighten the hell out in anyone in the Dverse. Harry has twice almost become one, once in Blood Rites and now in Battle Ground.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 03:37:55 AM »

Pretty sure everyone knows, seeing as how he tried to stab Ethniu with it in front of the entire supernatural world when he teamed up with Sanya and Butters near the end there.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 04:05:20 AM »
The bottom line is Harry can raise an army, loyal to him and effective, for all their power Christos, Eb, and LTW cannot, that makes him very dangerous.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2020, 05:28:44 AM »
Harry never got close enough to attack Ethniu with the Spear. If he had, i could see people connecting the dots. As it is, only those people I named know that Harry has the actual Spear. Most just think he has a powerful magical artifact.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 11:10:29 PM by vincentric »

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2020, 05:30:16 AM »
Harry never got close enough to attack Ethniu with the Spear. If he had, i could see people connecting the dots. As it is, only those people I namedknow that Harry has the actual Spear. Most just think he has a powerful magical artifact.
Well never succeeded at any rate, he still made the attempt before getting parried.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2020, 05:45:38 PM »
Well never succeeded at any rate, he still made the attempt before getting parried.
  The physical part of it, Harry knew he'd not get close enough because her reflexes were still
too good for him to get a decent shot at her.  It took the others to soften her up, and then he
used it to bolster his will against hers, and it worked, barely.

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2020, 09:02:41 AM »
I think there is more to it, something we do not know yet, related to Morgan's comment about "Destroyer" and Man's about being a truly magnificent weapon and Harry being allmost ready and Man's comment about the White Council preparing Harry for something.

Also, I think it is worth remembering that this was the weakest day of the year for both Mab, Molly and the winter knight part of Harry's power.

I wonder how much weaker they are? 50%?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2020, 03:48:21 AM »
I agree, Mira. I think it all can be reduced to this, Harry is becoming a leader, and he will probably do more now that he wants to copy Marcone. The Council is afraid, of course, but luckily for the world by the time of the BAT Harry will probably have an army of allies of all factions (including humans).
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2020, 09:51:59 AM »
Eb called in an army in Changes.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2020, 12:22:36 PM »
Eb called in an army in Changes.

I wouldn't call that an army, at least not it the same way, and they didn't show out of loyalty to Eb.