Author Topic: First December Dresden Drop (Spoilers BG and Beyond)  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
First December Dresden Drop (Spoilers BG and Beyond)
« on: December 03, 2020, 07:27:16 PM »
The Dresden Drop this week contains a new interview. https://www.jim-butcher.com/posts/2020/a-long-expected-drop-new-interview-and-tattoo-compilation.

In the interview Jim states some things about Twelve Months. I think most of us have assumed that it will take place over the course of a year, but Jim hadn't ever explicitly stated that in anything I'd seen. He does in this interview. He stated that it wouldn't be like the other books that cover Harry's worst couple of days in the year. He said we'd get to see what Harry's day to day life is. He said something about seeing Harry trying to survive his dates with Lara.

Jim also said that Heaven, Hell, and Asgard are in the Nevernever, but I have difficulty understanding how Heaven can be in the Nevernever when pretty much every being in the Nevernever seems to be limited to one universe at a time while the Angels (maybe just the Archangels) aren't.

Also in the drop: tattoos, Jim will be on the Dresden Files Podcast this Friday, Fanfic update.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: First December Dresden Drop (Spoilers BG and Beyond)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 08:07:35 PM »
Did he say something about Justine or Thomas?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline magnuskn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 08:42:27 PM »
In regards to Murphy, there was a hint to people sad about her fate to "read on". So, yeah. "Until she has passed out of living memory" ain't gonna last.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 10:15:56 PM »
In regards to Murphy, there was a hint to people sad about her fate to "read on". So, yeah. "Until she has passed out of living memory" ain't gonna last.
mwahahaha, time to start theorizing about the warrior princess archatype again!

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 11:11:23 PM »
Jim also said that Heaven, Hell, and Asgard are in the Nevernever, but I have difficulty understanding how Heaven can be in the Nevernever when pretty much every being in the Nevernever seems to be limited to one universe at a time while the Angels (maybe just the Archangels) aren't.
You would like it to be internally consistent. But it isn't. Having said that Jim seems to use the term Nevernever to describe reality and everything in it. That construct can be as big as it needs to be and Angels are part of reality. You already know where Hell is, more or less, and we've  been to Asgard. Heaven is simply another place in the Dresdenverse, just harder to get to.

Jim appears to have lost weight.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 11:45:09 PM »

Ok, now I want Rudolph to live long enough for EinherKarrin to kick him in the balls.