Author Topic: [BG spoilers!!] A scene I would like to see  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
[BG spoilers!!] A scene I would like to see
« on: November 08, 2020, 07:13:33 PM »
Just a random thought I had. I would like to see Marcone, who is always so controlled, under the direct influence of a whampire, if only for a few moments. It would be different and fun.

I am aware I don't have many chances to see it, because whampires would not attack the Baron of Chicago for no reason but...imagine that Denarian Marcone made a move against Harry, and Lara, forced to protect Harry's life, decided to protect him.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Wicked Woodpecker of West

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: [BG spoilers!!] A scene I would like to see
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 08:08:27 PM »
Definitely I want to see facade of calm common among few always-cold enemies and frenemies to be utterly ruined: Marcone, but also Lara and Mab.
We sort of get Nicodemus bit broken in SG - I want it more.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 08:40:47 PM »
We've seen a touch of Mab. I think that is enough. And Lara lost it when Thomas was captured. But yes, I want to see Marcone broken, even for a few moments.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 01:54:41 AM »
The Fallen can manipulate what the host feels. I don't think they would have the slightest bit of trouble blocking a whampire from clouding their host's thinking. Either block it so they feel nothing instead of distracted with fake pleasure, or substitute a pain signal so they realize they're under attack.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 02:30:09 PM »
The Fallen can manipulate what the host feels. I don't think they would have the slightest bit of trouble blocking a whampire from clouding their host's thinking. Either block it so they feel nothing instead of distracted with fake pleasure, or substitute a pain signal so they realize they're under attack.

I agree,  actually unless the Fallen has a way to keep the vamphost going without feeding, that isn't going to happen.  It isn't a matter of getting pleasure or what ever, it is nourishment, without it the vamphost dies.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 04:51:53 PM »
I was not talking about vamphost but about Marcone. I don't know, perhaps there is a limit to what Fallen can block. I don't know.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 05:48:25 PM »
I was not talking about vamphost but about Marcone. I don't know, perhaps there is a limit to what Fallen can block. I don't know.

I can see it as a possible motive for a WCvamp to take up a coin if it would mean freedom for the Hunger if that is what they are after.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 06:58:49 PM »
I can see it as a possible motive for a WCvamp to take up a coin if it would mean freedom for the Hunger if that is what they are after.
Most of them like their hunger.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2020, 07:11:38 PM »
Most of them like their hunger.

My point, so if one of the Denarians think that could be used as a bargaining chip for taking up a coin, I think they will be disappointed.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2020, 09:30:06 AM »
Though if the fallen in question gets rid of the hunger once they're inside then they've got the whamp on the hook since without the hunger they can say goodbye to immortality if they put down the coin.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2020, 11:41:01 AM »
Though if the fallen in question gets rid of the hunger once they're inside then they've got the whamp on the hook since without the hunger they can say goodbye to immortality if they put down the coin.

Perhaps, depends on what the Fallen is offering, I realize they can sell ice cubes in the Arctic, but
as has been pointed out, most vamps like their condition, what can they offer that is better?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2020, 12:33:41 PM »
Perhaps, depends on what the Fallen is offering, I realize they can sell ice cubes in the Arctic, but
as has been pointed out, most vamps like their condition, what can they offer that is better?
Even more power. The genoskwa took the coin and he was already stronger than most denarians.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2020, 02:11:55 PM »
Even more power. The genoskwa took the coin and he was already stronger than most denarians.

Perhaps, but one is merely power and strength, a vampire not only gets nourishment but pleasure as well.  Can one of the Fallen offer more pleasure that a vamp already gets from feeding?

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2020, 02:43:31 PM »
Power, better regen, absolutely any skill you could ever want.
Perhaps, but one is merely power and strength, a vampire not only gets nourishment but pleasure as well.  Can one of the Fallen offer more pleasure that a vamp already gets from feeding?
Well they have free control over said vamp's sensory input so yes, they could even just get lazy and give them the feeling of feeding on demand.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2020, 05:08:27 PM »

Power enough to kill River, there is real hate there for Nicky to work with.