Author Topic: I'm A Bit Confused... Nemesis or Outsider or Both???  (Read 20406 times)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: I'm A Bit Confused... Nemesis or Outsider or Both???
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2020, 06:53:59 PM »
My comment was more about how he didn't find anything else off. The real question would be if Thomas noticed anything but ignored it because he was just happy to have her alive.

Nemesis' comments at the end of BG do suggest that the precautions Justine and Thomas took may have been subverted by Justine.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2020, 10:32:27 PM »
My comment was more about how he didn't find anything else off. The real question would be if Thomas noticed anything but ignored it because he was just happy to have her alive.

Nemesis' comments at the end of BG do suggest that the precautions Justine and Thomas took may have been subverted by Justine.

Oh I think Thomas was blackmailed into it by Nemesis/HWWBs/Justine..  He was fully aware and felt this was the only way to save Justine.  Remember he mumbled to himself on the beach when he was telling him about Justine?

"Probably.  I have a solution in mind," he said.

They were subverted, but can you hold Justine responsible? She was no longer Justine at that point.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2020, 08:09:11 AM »
Oh I think Thomas was blackmailed into it by Nemesis/HWWBs/Justine..  He was fully aware and felt this was the only way to save Justine.  Remember he mumbled to himself on the beach when he was telling him about Justine?

They were subverted, but can you hold Justine responsible? She was no longer Justine at that point.
We do not know at which point she was Justine, She was influenced/infected Justine, She was possessed Justine.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2020, 05:00:22 PM »
We do not know at which point she was Justine, She was influenced/infected Justine, She was possessed Justine.

When she got pregnant, she wasn't just Justine, HWWBs gloated about that.  Hey, Thomas may have know she wasn't herself, even possessed, but because he loves her, he couldn't risk her death.  He may have thought if he got by with it, Justine saved, that he could then deal with HWWBs.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2020, 05:40:13 PM »
When she got pregnant, she wasn't just Justine, HWWBs gloated about that.  Hey, Thomas may have know she wasn't herself, even possessed, but because he loves her, he couldn't risk her death.  He may have thought if he got by with it, Justine saved, that he could then deal with HWWBs.
Not necessarily. Taking possession increases the chance of discovery and influencing the host is usually enough to get what it wants. It might even be able totale and let go at will.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Online The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2020, 07:58:33 PM »
The obvious danger here is the baby has no identity of its own yet but is under the influence of Nemesis because they are sharing a bio electric field. Kinda like Ivy being born the archive. If that thing latches onto the baby then it will be born knowing nothing besides being constantly talked to and molded by Nemesis..

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2020, 08:55:06 PM »
Yes, but we know uncle Harry will save the day. Perhaps even with the Baron's help. We have been hearing about Marcone's soft spot for kids since forever. So, the baby will be all right.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Wicked Woodpecker of West

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2020, 12:49:08 AM »
Yes, but we know uncle Harry will save the day. Perhaps even with the Baron's help. We have been hearing about Marcone's soft spot for kids since forever. So, the baby will be all right.

Only to reveal later baby is Outsider monster, and it will eat Will Borden

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2020, 02:32:36 PM »
Only to reveal later baby is Outsider monster, and it will eat Will Borden

Only with a side of fava beans and a nice chianti.... ::)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2020, 09:00:39 PM »
Oh I think Thomas was blackmailed into it by Nemesis/HWWBs/Justine.
But when did Thomas become aware? Did he ever think something was off before he was blackmailed?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2020, 09:44:43 PM »
But when did Thomas become aware? Did he ever think something was off before he was blackmailed?

When he discovered she was with child, which scared the hell out of him.  He may have even tried to talk her into aborting the child..  She refuses and tells him there is one way that she and the child could remain safe... Wait for it.... "All you have to do is assassinate the Atari king of the svartalves, and me and the child will be protected.."  That's when he knew she had him by the short hairs. ::)

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2020, 01:02:57 AM »
When he discovered she was with child, which scared the hell out of him.  He may have even tried to talk her into aborting the child..  She refuses and tells him there is one way that she and the child could remain safe... Wait for it.... "All you have to do is assassinate the Atari king of the svartalves, and me and the child will be protected.."  That's when he knew she had him by the short hairs. ::)

I dislike this story part already and you make it even worse. Please stahp. :(

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2020, 02:50:42 AM »
I dislike this story part already and you make it even worse. Please stahp. :(

Sorry about that.... But there is ample evidence that something like that did happen..
Peace Talks Thomas says in chapter one
He nodded.  "Probably, I have a solution in mind," he said. "I'll work on it.  Good enough?"

So either he was blackmailed by HWWBs or made a deal to save Justine and the kid.

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2020, 04:31:03 PM »
So either he was blackmailed by HWWBs or made a deal to save Justine and the kid.

I could buy it if Thomas made deal with Nemesis and infected Justine only afterwards as a way to save them. That would be sort of cool.