Author Topic: Questions about Beast-Change & skills  (Read 2706 times)

Offline Wendell_Burke

• Participant
    • View Profile
Questions about Beast-Change & skills
« on: October 30, 2020, 04:19:35 AM »
So, I know that when you use Beast-Change, you get to rearrange your skills, but can you sometimes get skills that you didn't have in human form? I'm specifically thinking of the Survival skill. It seems to me that when a person turned into an animal, they would have some automatic level of survival skills expected of the animal of that type? Do you also lose certain skills entirely while in that Beast-Form? Some skills like Scholarship, Driving, Resources, and maybe even Performance would be rendered pretty much moot entirely, wouldn't they?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about Beast-Change & skills
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 04:56:30 AM »
Everyone has a rating in every skill.

Beast Change can totally raise skills from 0 or drop them to 0. In fact, from a character-optimization perspective, that's usually the best way to use it. And as you point out, it makes a lot of sense for many skills to become 0 when you transform.

Offline Wendell_Burke

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 05:33:43 AM »
Ah, ok. Thanks! Oh, I do have another question though. I was reading about Human Form. You need at least 2 points of refresh from powers you can't use while in this form for it to reduce the refresh by 1, but something like Beast-Change qualify as one of the Human Form requirements because it seems redundant? I mean, if you're in Human form, then by definition, your Beast Form has to be shut off, right? I just didn't know if that power didn't count because it works that way anyway?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 05:52:56 AM »
I wouldn't allow someone to get a Human Form rebate on Beast Change.

Offline whitelaughter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 05:11:43 AM »
I wouldn't allow someone to get a Human Form rebate on Beast Change.
The Alphas do - check 115 OW.
A post of "I don't understand" will be ignored. The comment needs to say *what* bits you don't understand, and what bits you think you do, to be be worth responding to.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2021, 04:10:33 AM »
The Alphas have both powers, but Human Form isn't attached to Beast Change. They have more than enough wolf-form powers to get the Human Form rebate without attaching the two.