Author Topic: "Talk To Me..." Had Carlos Already Drank the Kool-Aid?  (Read 30233 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: "Talk To Me..." Had Carlos Already Drank the Kool-Aid?
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2020, 12:12:57 PM »
However Mouse apparently understands now that Thomas isn't a threat.  Also since Mouse knows his charge is to protect Maggie, if he sensed even a hint that he was a threat, he'd bite his you know what off before you could say, "Thomas is a threat.."
I think Mouse feels the demon surfacing and will start with warning signals before biting things off.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2020, 12:51:02 PM »
And what do you mean "constantly"? I mean, by now Carlos must know that his relationship with Thomas is not sexual. And I am sure he has not seen Lara in months by the time they were on the beach. Also, he has been hanging around Murphy since she was hurt (cooked for her and stuff like that). So, perhaps think there are other options?

On the post-BG scenario, though, I am wondering if a mind-controlled wizard would be strong enough to bind a Titan.
True, Mouse was there.

And how would Carlos be sure about his relationship with Thomas, all they know is that they're close enough to Harry that he's got better ancient Etruscan than he has Latin and that they're regularly spending time together even outside of whatever crisis is happening?
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2020, 02:34:22 PM »
I think Mouse feels the demon surfacing and will start with warning signals before biting things off.

If Thomas tried to do anything to little Maggie you can bet Mouse would start to bite off things... Because if Thomas is so hungry his demon is taking over, he will need more than a warning to stop.
And how would Carlos be sure about his relationship with Thomas, all they know is that they're close enough to Harry that he's got better ancient Etruscan than he has Latin and that they're regularly spending time together even outside of whatever crisis is happening?

Carlos has fought along side of Thomas in White Night, you learn a bit from that.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2020, 04:56:46 PM »
1) That is my point:
If Thomas was a danger, Mouse would react. Mouse did not react. Therefore, Thomas is no threat. Eb should realize that, but he is too biased.

2) Thomas was never alone with Maggie. HARRY was with them (as well as Mouse).

3) What Mira says. Also, apparently there is a comic where the wardens fight alongside Thomas. And he has been an ally of Harry for years while he was dating Luccio, for instance. There is no reason for him to believe Harry is being mind controlled for him.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2020, 05:25:28 PM »
1) That is my point:
If Thomas was a danger, Mouse would react. Mouse did not react. Therefore, Thomas is no threat. Eb should realize that, but he is too biased.

2) Thomas was never alone with Maggie. HARRY was with them (as well as Mouse).

3) What Mira says. Also, apparently there is a comic where the wardens fight alongside Thomas. And he has been an ally of Harry for years while he was dating Luccio, for instance. There is no reason for him to believe Harry is being mind controlled for him.
For Eb it is simple. He is white court, that is enough.

And that is not a stupid attitude. Most of the cases that would be true.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2020, 05:46:47 PM »
I don't think anyone said that is stupid. Not even Harry says so.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2020, 05:51:59 PM »
For Eb it is simple. He is white court, that is enough.

And that is not a stupid attitude. Most of the cases that would be true.

It isn't a stupid attitude, but it still can be a prejudiced one.  There is a fine line between a sensible attitude, and total stubbornness, which completely closes the mind. That can be sometimes a stupid attitude.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2020, 06:32:50 PM »
True, he is a zealot.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2020, 06:35:17 PM »
It isn't a stupid attitude, but it still can be a prejudiced one.  There is a fine line between a sensible attitude, and total stubbornness, which completely closes the mind. That can be sometimes a stupid attitude.
He closes his mind to the exceptions. It is the same attitude that executes all warlocks. It works most of the time but sooner or later you miss something.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2020, 07:18:39 PM »
He closes his mind to the exceptions. It is the same attitude that executes all warlocks. It works most of the time but sooner or later you miss something.

Yes, and on that level it is a stupid attitude..  Caution, yes, but not paranoid to the point of blindness. Open mind is good, but at the same time don't be naive to the fact that most are bad and cannot be helped.  Not the easy way, but it can be done.   

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2020, 09:29:52 AM »
If Thomas tried to do anything to little Maggie you can bet Mouse would start to bite off things... Because if Thomas is so hungry his demon is taking over, he will need more than a warning to stop.
Carlos has fought along side of Thomas in White Night, you learn a bit from that.
Most people need more than to see someone coming in to defend his family after being talked into being Harry's trump card to decide that they're trustworthy.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2020, 01:14:22 PM »
With all the trust is a two way street we have been talking about. Did Carlos ever share any secrets with Harry? Or something along those lines?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2020, 02:15:46 PM »
With all the trust is a two way street we have been talking about. Did Carlos ever share any secrets with Harry? Or something along those lines?

Indeed, I've been wondering that as well, and I can think of none.  Yes, we are told that most of the younger Wardens look up to Harry and agree with him on many counts, but nothing about secrets shared with Harry.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2020, 04:37:35 PM »
Agree.
Missing you, Md 

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2020, 04:48:13 PM »
Mouse has provenly been extremely sensitive to the nuances in the emotions around him. He has protected and defended against both Thomas and Molly depending on their emotional states and actions. And he's never made a bad call.

That said, he only acts on the mood of the moment so spontaneous circumstance driven treachery might surprise him.