Author Topic: "Talk To Me..." Had Carlos Already Drank the Kool-Aid?  (Read 29719 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: "Talk To Me..." Had Carlos Already Drank the Kool-Aid?
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2020, 04:54:00 AM »
It would have been an uncomfortable conversation but far less violent if Harry told Ebenezar before working him up into a rage. Telling Carlos about Thomas would be an improvement over Harry's canon approach of clamming up when asked about his sex life, working with Lara and seemingly sneaking off to have sex with her and then refusing to give answers again when asked about that.
I don't know, it would have been more than an uncomfortable conversation.  Eb got worked up just at the sight of Thomas, then the idea of little Maggie living with her father totally set him off.  The revelation about Thomas was just the cherry on that huge pile of poop. I don't blame Harry for being pissed and clamming up about who he had sex with.  "Talk to us, we are all friends here...."  So without his permission, he is scanned to prove he had sex with somebody, the Wardens assume the worst, hell yeah, that pissed Harry off.  As Chandler hinted,"we are friends, you aren't included in that."   Again, there is no way to explain about the illusion of sex with Lara, and then that Thomas is in fact his brother that is going to go down well.  In a perfect world, perhaps.. But remember the tracking dot?  The was the first shot of mistrust across Harry's bow, no, it would be dumb to talk to a so called friend who did that.
Harry's reasons for keeping the relationship between Thomas and himself secret  has been repeatably gone over in the books.  And the theme again gets raised in Battle Ground. He Who Walks Beside used the relationship to attack Harry through Justine. I'm assuming that Beside has the same or better ability as has Anduriel. I take this from Titania's warning to Harry in Cold Days. Telling Carlos represents an unacceptable level of risk. There is a movie interpretation of this type of ubiquitous surveillance, called The Conversation.

Before Cold Days even,Harry didn't have a name to put on it beyond "Black Council.  But by the time that Peabody was exposed, there was ample evidence that the number of people on the Council Harry could trust was very small.  At this point beyond, Listens to Wind, Rashid, and Eb, I don't think there is anyone that Harry could trust completely.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2020, 05:08:24 AM »
At this point beyond, Listens to Wind, Rashid, and Eb, I don't think there is anyone that Harry could trust completely.

I'm not even sure he can trust Eb completely. He did say they were past talking in BG.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2020, 05:16:05 AM »
I'm not even sure he can trust Eb completely. He did say they were past talking in BG.

Yeah, I don't disagree, I almost didn't put him on the list.  However I do think Eb and Harry will sort it out, both have a lot to digest.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2020, 04:58:42 AM »
I don't know, it would have been more than an uncomfortable conversation.  Eb got worked up just at the sight of Thomas, then the idea of little Maggie living with her father totally set him off.  The revelation about Thomas was just the cherry on that huge pile of poop.
 Before Cold Days even,Harry didn't have a name to put on it beyond "Black Council.  But by the time that Peabody was exposed, there was ample evidence that the number of people on the Council Harry could trust was very small.  At this point beyond, Listens to Wind, Rashid, and Eb, I don't think there is anyone that Harry could trust completely.
More specifically, he was upset by Harry leaving his kid alone with a white court vampire after what happened to his mother. Context would have helped there even if dropping that bomb with Thomas in the same room would have been a bad idea (he had several opportunities where Thomas wasn't nearby).
I don't blame Harry for being pissed and clamming up about who he had sex with.  "Talk to us, we are all friends here...."  So without his permission, he is scanned to prove he had sex with somebody, the Wardens assume the worst, hell yeah, that pissed Harry off.  As Chandler hinted,"we are friends, you aren't included in that."   Again, there is no way to explain about the illusion of sex with Lara, and then that Thomas is in fact his brother that is going to go down well.  In a perfect world, perhaps.. But remember the tracking dot?  The was the first shot of mistrust across Harry's bow, no, it would be dumb to talk to a so called friend who did that. 
Once again, if he wants to keep his sex life a secret, he can stop making himself a gigantic security hazard by constantly hanging out with the mind controlling sex vampires.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2020, 05:27:47 AM »
Maybe Beside is whispering in Carlos's ear. Has anybody speculated on that?  This his type of game plan. Maybe Carlos got PTSD from his run in with Molly. This business about checking out your sex life is straight out of spy v spy, your security clearance is a product of your sexual activity.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2020, 06:51:18 PM »
More specifically, he was upset by Harry leaving his kid alone with a white court vampire after what happened to his mother. Context would have helped there even if dropping that bomb with Thomas in the same room would have been a bad idea (he had several opportunities where Thomas wasn't nearby).Once again, if he wants to keep his sex life a secret, he can stop making himself a gigantic security hazard by constantly hanging out with the mind controlling sex vampires.

Maggie was not alone with Thomas.

And what do you mean "constantly"? I mean, by now Carlos must know that his relationship with Thomas is not sexual. And I am sure he has not seen Lara in months by the time they were on the beach. Also, he has been hanging around Murphy since she was hurt (cooked for her and stuff like that). So, perhaps think there are other options?

On the post-BG scenario, though, I am wondering if a mind-controlled wizard would be strong enough to bind a Titan.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2020, 07:08:13 PM »
I do not think Ebenezer has a good understanding of what Mouse is.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2020, 07:16:39 PM »
I did not mean Mouse. I meant Harry. When Eb arrived, Harry, Thomas and Maggie were in the appartment (also Bonea, Mouse and Mister, but that is not relevant here). After the discussion, Thomas left. So he was never alone with Maggie.

Also, why Eb wouldn't have a good understanding of what Mouse is? Mai did it clear (and other wizard too) in the Council. Which, actually, good have been a good indication than Thomas was not a danger for Harry or Maggie.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2020, 08:46:05 PM »
I did not mean Mouse. I meant Harry. When Eb arrived, Harry, Thomas and Maggie were in the appartment (also Bonea, Mouse and Mister, but that is not relevant here). After the discussion, Thomas left. So he was never alone with Maggie.

Also, why Eb wouldn't have a good understanding of what Mouse is? Mai did it clear (and other wizard too) in the Council. Which, actually, good have been a good indication than Thomas was not a danger for Harry or Maggie.
Mouse is very good at protecting Maggie. Also against Thomas if necessary.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2020, 09:24:18 PM »
Precisely. The fact that he is not aggressive towards Thomas should be a motive for Eb to realize that Thomas has not bad intentions.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2020, 09:35:03 PM »
Precisely. The fact that he is not aggressive towards Thomas should be a motive for Eb to realize that Thomas has not bad intentions.

That is the problem when one is that prejudiced, it makes one blind and deaf to the truth in front of them.  Unless Eb doesn't know that Mouse is a Foo dog, but I find that hard to believe.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2020, 09:45:43 PM »
That was what I was arguing, that Mai and other wizard explained the whole Council what Mouse is. But you are right, he is so prejudiced that he does not even thinks about that.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Telynn

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2020, 02:00:54 AM »
Didn't Mouse protect Molly from Thomas once in the past?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2020, 04:11:48 AM »
Didn't Mouse protect Molly from Thomas once in the past?
Changes.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2020, 12:03:55 PM »
Changes.

However Mouse apparently understands now that Thomas isn't a threat.  Also since Mouse knows his charge is to protect Maggie, if he sensed even a hint that he was a threat, he'd bite his you know what off before you could say, "Thomas is a threat.."