Author Topic: Detective Rudolph KotC (Holding back maniacal laughter) BG spoiler  (Read 2162 times)

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
Sorry, I couldn't resist trolling this topic.  No way is the subject line going to happen.  I would probably give up on the series if Jim did something that lame.

What I really want is everyone's opinion about what will happen with Rudolph.  Did he already confess to killing Murphy?  (Actually, he did.  Butters was there when Rudolph was still holding the gun and he said, "Wait. Wait. I didn't mean...")  Did he confess it to anyone else?  Will Harry publicly accuse Rudolph of murder?  (It's pretty rare, but a few people have been convicted of murder without a body as proof that a murder occurred.)  Will Harry be charged with attempted murder?  He did mess Rudolph up pretty badly and he was trying to kill him.  Will Rudolph be held up by either local politicians or the Chicago PD as a hero who fought off the terrorists?  If Rudolph hasn't confessed, who could get him to confess and how would they do it?  Will Harry forgive Rudolph?

I would have done this as a poll, but I think there are too many possibilities to make that work.  It will be interesting to see if anyone can correctly guess where Jim will go with this character.   
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 09:00:52 AM by KurtinStGeorge »
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Detective Rudolph KotC (Holding back maniacal laughter)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 03:21:04 AM »
Sorry, I couldn't resist trolling this topic.  No way is the subject line going to happen.  I would probably give up on the series if Jim did something that lame.

What I really want is everyone's opinion about what will happen with Rudolph.  Did he already confess to killing Murphy?  (Actually, he did.  Butters was there when Rudolph was still holding the gun and he said, "Wait. Wait. I didn't mean...")  Did he confess it to anyone else?  Will Harry publicly accuse Rudolph of murder?  (It's pretty rare, but a few people have been convicted of murder without a body as proof that a murder occurred.)  Will Harry be charged with attempted murder?  He did mess Rudolph up pretty badly and he was trying to kill him.  Will Rudolph be held up by either local politicians or the Chicago PD as a hero who fought off the terrorists?  If Rudolph hasn't confessed, who could get him to confess and how would they do it?  Will Harry forgive Rudolph?

I would have done this as a poll, but I think there are too many possibilities to make that work.  It will be interesting to see if anyone can correctly guess where Jim will go with this character.

I have stated before that Harry will be arrested and tried for possibly Harvey's murder with Mab acting as his defense lawyer.  On the cross exam, Rudy is totally going to fall apart because Mab is going to have a real Perry Mason moment.  Rudy will be declared insane and mentally not able to stand trial.  While Harry will try to forgive him, realizing the man wasn't playing with a full deck and will spend quite some time in a mental hospital.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 04:01:04 AM »
It will be interesting to see if anyone can correctly guess where Jim will go with this character.

Based on Bradley's report of his dereliction of duty, he'll be encouraged to take early retirement ... then get hired as private security for Larry Fowler, to persecute Harry full time for twice what he was making as police.

Seriously though, he's going to have a hard time trying to charge Harry for trying to kill him without a) touching on the motive and b) explaining why he has crush injuries instead of marks of a beating with fists. But he'll also probably succeed at sweeping shooting Karrin under the rug. I don't doubt Butters will try to do the right thing and accuse him, but with a record of being institutionalized and zero physical evidence, that's going to fall flat. He and Sanya were way naive about thinking the system would deal properly with Rudy.

So he'll probably continue trying to harass Harry ... but as I said on another thread, if he gets sufficiently in the way of Lara's plans for Harry, or starts getting nosy about her as an associate of Harry's, his psychology would make him a juicy target for any Skavis or Malvora she were to point at him.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 07:28:37 AM »
As the title of the thread has no warning, I will spoiler-tag this.

(click to show/hide)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Detective Rudolph KotC (Holding back maniacal laughter) BG spoiler
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 10:55:41 AM »

Or he could be Worm Tongue.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 06:22:10 PM »
Well, I don't see it. First, he is not that insidious. Second, the humiliation JB wrote for him reads more Gollum to me, but of course, I may be wrong. We will have to wait and see  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 06:44:36 PM »
The thing to remember is that this occurred at the Thirdwatch daycare. They were all cops kids that Rudy’s cowardice imperilled, Bradley is going to be believed by his colleagues, and the day care organiser is going to back up Bradley. Rudy is going to have very little support after that comes out.

Knight of the Cross? More like Knave of the Crap. He will never get those stains out of his expensive designer suit, and that is Exhibit A.

Rudy has also be cited previously for poor trigger control shooting at Mister. In an alternate universe Rudy killed Mister, and was demoted to uniform, and resigned and Murphy lived through BG.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 07:32:34 PM »
Well, I don't see it. First, he is not that insidious. Second, the humiliation JB wrote for him reads more Gollum to me, but of course, I may be wrong. We will have to wait and see  :)

Oh I think he is, unless he is infected by Nemesis, then he would be corrupted like Gollum was because of the Ring. 

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 09:04:35 PM »
Oh I think he is, unless he is infected by Nemesis, then he would be corrupted like Gollum was because of the Ring.

Yes, He Who Walks Like He’s Crapped His Pants, Nemesis isn’t a coward.