Author Topic: Harry's Build-a-Fear [BG & Future book news spoilers]  (Read 4336 times)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Harry's Build-a-Fear [BG & Future book news spoilers]
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2020, 05:11:36 PM »
Personally, I'd want it to be his Id self. Rather than being something attacking him.
My first thought was Harry thinking of himself as a monster and creating another version of himself, but I don't want two books in a row about that. If MM throws us a curve ball, and Harry defeats MM Harry basically immediately, that would be different.

Justine baby should be born not too long after CE.
Harry and Lara catch up to Justine right around the delivery. Maybe a little after. They manage to rescue the baby, but Justine escapes. Lara and Harry have to raise the baby together. They have a lot of conflict over how to do this.

But, I'm not sure he's going to be independently mobile unless he can heal himself with shapeshifting. If he's in a wheelchair, telling a warden bodyguard squad to take him to a secret meeting with the exile isn't really viable.
I'm sure he knows someone outside of the Council who could do it. Or someone trustworthy inside, like Lucio.

Listens to Wind also promised to tell Harry just what in the hell he is and why he is.
Did he? Or did he just promise to advocate for him?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2020, 05:35:39 PM »
Did he? Or did he just promise to advocate for him?

I think a bit of both, he promised to be his advocate, but Harry also says when Rivershoulders offered that Listens to Wind also offered to help him train..

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2020, 06:22:20 PM »
Just another thing to try to remember to look out for when I reread it.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2020, 01:33:28 AM »
Of course Harry’s Tulpa is Ronald McDonald, the Burger King is a good memory. The trope of the scary clown (the Joker, Pennywise, Killer Klowns From Outer Space,  Gacy) is well established enough in popular culture to have its own phobia. Indeed the Phantom Clown is an established urban myth, along with the slender man.

And remember all the way back in Storm From the advert “No children’s parties”, Harry obviously didn’t want to be near any clowns.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2020, 06:53:38 AM »
I'll just leave this here (it is from today, I believe)

https://www.cbr.com/burger-king-ghost-ronald-mcdonald-whoppers/
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2020, 08:53:01 AM »
See I was right.

Pepsi have never had a corporate spokesmodel, Coke has, Santa Claus, so the only being capable of rescuing Harry from Demonic Ronald McDonald is Kringle.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 08:57:40 AM by Conspiracy Theorist »