Author Topic: Thomas [Spoilers PT & BG]  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Thomas [Spoilers PT & BG]
« on: October 26, 2020, 11:13:07 PM »

Or more specifically
Saving Thomas:

I would like to summarize what we have about possible methods of saving Thomas' life.

1.) Bigfoot method:

One or several of the Forest People would have to be convinced that they have to let Thomas feed of them.

In the Bigfoot on Campus short story Irwin Pounder is being fed upon by his girlfriend, a WCV and her first feeding wasn't lethal, because even as a halfling he was a lot stronger than any human.

Problem: they most certainly won't want that knowledge widespread. Especially not among the White Court. The WCV would hunt them down to gain a never ending food source.

2.) Method Demonreach:

Thomas is currently imprisoned on Demonreach. I remember a Word of Jim during the last months that certain aspects of a being can be freed from the prison while the rest of it still stays imprisoned.

This leads to my thought:
Can the human part of a WCV be freed from the prison and the demon part stay imprisoned? Can both survive that division?
As I understand, Thomas' Hunger is so overly starved that it only feeds from himself to heal the injuries. If the demon is imprisoned, Thomas human half could be freed to heal, maybe even to stay human for as long ad the demon is trapped in the prison.

Problem: He is not that old, maybe his human body will age until he reaches his biological age (45-50?). Maybe he could develop his rudimentary magical skills. OK, I see, this is not really a problem. ;)

This would be my favourite solution.

3.) Method Fae:

The Leanansidhe was able to make the RCV part of Susan and Martin sleep in [Blood Rites???].

Maybe she or another fae can do the same to a White Court Hunger Demon. Just as long as it takes for Thomas to heal on his own.

Problem: a bargain will have to be made.

But maybe Harry and Lara will have a say in their wedding gift by Mab.

I mean, it must be in Mab's best interest to have her spare Winter Knight intact.

What do you think? Any more ideas for possible saving methods. Any additional pros and cons?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas [Spoilers PT & BG]
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 11:23:38 PM »
There it is: addition to 2.) Method Demonreach

https://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,22558.255.html

Priscellie: Joshua Matthews asks "if someone with multiple personalities or mantles like Kringle were imprisoned on the island, could only one part be released and other parts left in prison?"

Jim: Ooh that's a good question. Yeah I mean theoretically yeah you could. That would work really really well if the warden was using that to get specific services out of somebody without wanting to expose people to certain dangers. If Harry for example captured Kringle on the island for example he might want to send him out as Kringle or as anything /but/ Kringle so you can go forth and do whatever you're doing Odin but I'm keeping Kringle right here because I know he's the source of your immortality, you can come get him out on Christmas Eve.     
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 11:25:14 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 01:44:24 AM »
Unfortunately letting Thomas out but keeping the demon imprisoned would probably be really destructive to Thomas' mind. I think there was a WOJ that untangling them non-destructively would be questionable even for Mab.

Perhaps it would be viable to release the hunger on parole to ride around in someone else, leave Thomas technically insane but unconscious, and then reunite it with him when it's topped off? I'm not sure if one whamp could host two hunger demons, but maybe Lara could borrow it to finish off draining Lord Raith in order to save Thomas?

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 01:51:44 AM »
There it is: addition to 2.) Method Demonreach

https://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,22558.255.html

The second half of that is that just ripping off chunks of yourself is really destructive to your mind if you're a squishy mortal.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 02:16:19 AM »
Another thing to worry about is if Thomas's hunger reaches his father's level, and he becomes capable of killing with just a kiss.  Even trying to release him in a controlled environment might get ugly if his demon is in charge and is that dangerous.

I still think there's a chance Harry develops something to store Wamp power, even at a significant loss, to let Thomas nurse back to health.  Especially with Lara's help.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 01:48:19 PM »
Another thing to worry about is if Thomas's hunger reaches his father's level, and he becomes capable of killing with just a kiss.  Even trying to release him in a controlled environment might get ugly if his demon is in charge and is that dangerous.

I still think there's a chance Harry develops something to store Wamp power, even at a significant loss, to let Thomas nurse back to health.  Especially with Lara's help.

I think it is possible that Thomas is toast, and remains toast until the end of the BAT.  That is if the Hunger Demon is also part of Nemesis or Outsiders and is dealt with.