Author Topic: mirror mirror thought  (Read 2058 times)

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
mirror mirror thought
« on: October 24, 2020, 06:54:07 AM »
I was just thinking how funny it would be for harry to be summoned into a mirror universe on his wedding day effectively abandoning Lara Raith  at the alter.
I am who I am that's all that I am from my head to my toe that's all that I am.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: mirror mirror thought
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 08:09:50 AM »
Now we know Mirror Mirror is going to be delayed by Twelve Months, it’s a distinct possibility.

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 08:32:59 AM »
that's what made me think about it being a possibility

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 09:23:18 PM »
Edit: Nevermind.

Now we know Mirror Mirror is going to be delayed by Twelve Months, it’s a distinct possibility.
I missed that one. I know we're going to get short stories, probably all microfiction, about Harry and Lara's political appearances.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 09:25:57 PM by Bad Alias »

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 10:59:58 PM »
I think these are going to be collected into Twelve Months, Christmas Eve for example may be seen as taster for this book. Different narrative structure spread over a year and key events good and bad within that year as Harry deals with all his trauma from the death of Malcolm onwards, rather than action compressed over a couple of days.

It would allow for character development of Harry, Maggie, Bonea etc without huge yearly jumps in the narrative. I like that idea, it is clear Harry can’t go on as he has, and it sets him up for different types of enemies to that he is used to .

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 11:38:13 PM »
would love 12 short stories over a years time...it would reestablish his connection to Chicago. would love to see a book that shows dresden involved in a storry that is smaller in scale.  Shakespeare wrote the comedy the merry wives of Windsor and much ado about nothing it would be fun if Jim butcher  decided to a book that was a comedy rather then epic story.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 06:22:02 AM »
would love 12 short stories over a years time...it would reestablish his connection to Chicago. would love to see a book that shows dresden involved in a storry that is smaller in scale.  Shakespeare wrote the comedy the merry wives of Windsor and much ado about nothing it would be fun if Jim butcher  decided to a book that was a comedy rather then epic story.

I agree, it would be great.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 08:53:46 PM »
I think these are going to be collected into Twelve Months, Christmas Eve for example may be seen as taster for this book. Different narrative structure spread over a year and key events good and bad within that year as Harry deals with all his trauma from the death of Malcolm onwards, rather than action compressed over a couple of days.

It would allow for character development of Harry, Maggie, Bonea etc without huge yearly jumps in the narrative. I like that idea, it is clear Harry can’t go on as he has, and it sets him up for different types of enemies to that he is used to .
A little more Harry Potter than the typical Harry Dresden book. (For those unfamiliar, the books were almost entirely first person covering the summer before school started to the end of the year).