Author Topic: The Next Book's Title  (Read 11405 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Book's Title
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2020, 09:34:43 PM »
Tulpa!Harry conjured by conjuritis and reality disruption would be one of methods to kill Rudolph I'd not be opposed of.

Or even better Dresden having to save Rudolph from tulpa :3
Salt those wounds Jim, salt them.

And then when Dresden is kidnapped by Mirror!Harry - Harry at first is like - WTF again!
Doing both back to back might be too much or too similar, but I think JB could pull it off. Especially if the first helped him learn about himself, and the second helped him see just how good he is. 

Kind of like his ghosts of what he could be, and what he could have been. 

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2020, 01:51:10 AM »
I don't know what you mean by consuming mirror Harry.  They're both going to be humans, presumably, with different flavors of power.  Humans don't really consume each other?

There was a WOJ that there's a way for one practitioner to consume another's power ("and it's horrible").

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2020, 02:01:54 AM »
There was a WOJ that there's a way for one practitioner to consume another's power ("and it's horrible").
I don't see Harry doing that to himself.  Not our Harry, at least.  And the wording made it sound more like they'd be merging from two to one, rather than stealing power like the Nightmare did.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2020, 02:22:30 AM »
I don't see Harry doing that to himself.  Not our Harry, at least.  And the wording made it sound more like they'd be merging from two to one, rather than stealing power like the Nightmare did.
👀👀 do you know where I can find that particular Woj? Given my previous theory on MM I rather wish to read it...

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2020, 02:28:01 AM »
👀👀 do you know where I can find that particular Woj? Given my previous theory on MM I rather wish to read it...
I was talking about your wording.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2020, 02:35:43 AM »
I was talking about your wording.
oh, I thought you meant the wording of the Woj... I vaguely remember reading that now, but only the overall context.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2020, 03:46:57 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/25q3em/i_am_jim_butcher_author_of_the_dresden_files_the/chjqznr/?context=3
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2020, 05:49:34 PM »
I think it would almost have to center some kind of actual plot around hunting Justine while Nemesis stays a step ahead, and then interweave subplots (training with River on getting his head straight, feds sniffing around, Lara, fleshing out Wizard of Chicago and the castle as Paranet HQ, and trying to mend things with Eb).
I want something very much like this. Harry dealing with all his issues that need dealing with. Some overarching plot going on in the background. Maybe Harry dealing with a bunch of the little threats that were only afraid to take a shot at him because the Council would retaliate. Maybe Harry building a force to be reckoned with, which requires him going on quests to gain the support of this being and that group.

Put in basically any, but probably not all, of the subplots and loose threads everyone has posted about.

The fact that he keeps Bob and can even use it for that makes me incredibly happy.
100% agree. If I'm being honest, Bob and Toot are probably my favorite side characters. I've never had too much of them in a book.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2020, 07:29:35 PM »
Yes Bob was constantly monitoring radio traffic throughout BG.

Given this there is absolutely no reason Bob couldn’t act like a mobile phone to Harry, it would be hilarious if Harry lifted Bob to his ear to make or receive a call, the new Storm Front limited edition cover of Harry with Bob in hand brings this to mind.

And of course Cockney rhyming slang for telephone being “dog and bone”, often shortened to just “bone” would be wholly appropriate.

“The Looney Tunes themes went off in my bag, I reached in and removed Bob, holding him to my ear.

“Do you mind if I answer the bone?” I said to Mac.

“I have been expecting an urgent call”

Harry should be able to get a pristine phone and number, have it rung by a third party next to Bob and have Bob “Clone” it so that calls are received and sent by Bob, with normal billing to the Castle. He could do the same with Maggie and Bonea, so he could always keep in touch with his daughters, he was worried what was happening throughout BG to Maggie.

The only problem would be if Bob discovers phone sex.

Toot on the other hand would make an most excellent Drone.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2020, 01:46:01 AM »

I predict that there is going to be a trial.  That for the moment Rudolph will cobble together enough evidence to arrest Harry.  Harry will defended by no less than Queen Mab herself in her lawyer mode.  There will be a real Perry Mason moment where on a blistering/frosty cross examination, Mab will get Rudolph to confess he set Harry up, who's behind it, and confess to killing Murphy.  He won't be prosecuted because he will be deemed mentally incompetent.

That's not bad.  I'd like to see Mab in her lawyer disguise.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx