Author Topic: [BG spoilers] The things in the armory  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
[BG spoilers] The things in the armory
« on: October 21, 2020, 11:02:06 PM »
Well, we know what the placard and the Spear do but, what can the Thorny Crown and the Shroud do?

Marcone believed that the shroud could heal a comatose girl, so...could it have cured Murphy? Could it heal a nemfection? Could it heal Thomas now? I am sure using it would not be free but if there is a chance to help Thomas I am sure Harry will do it.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: [BG spoilers] The things in the armory
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 11:24:32 PM »
My theory on the Crown of Thorns is that it is Thorn Manacles for a God or thereabouts

Putting it on their head is another matter.

It would therefore render effectively mortal and powerless any being from a god downwards, so the Faerie Queens, a Naagloshii, the Fae, much of the creatures in the NeverNever etc.  It may even have been powerful enough to contain one third of the White God, if so then the Fallen, including Lucifer might be contained by it.

According to Wikipedia the use of a Crown of Thorns was to cause pain and to mock the alleged authority of the wearer, sounds about right.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 11:27:51 PM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 02:32:30 AM »
I bet Nicodemus wouldn't like having it put on his head.  The problem, of course, is that getting the thing on the head of a god, immortal or even a human like Nicodemus would be a pretty difficult trick to pull off.  Most likely, you would have to subdue them first and if you could do that, are they really that powerful?
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 04:16:59 AM »
(1)Teleport behind them and drop it on their head, (2)veil yourself and drop it on their head, (3) drop it on their head from the Never Never.

Harry can’t do (1) yet, but (2) and (3) perhaps.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 04:31:12 AM »
LTW can more or less do 1. I mean, not teleport but the other hand. Still, I don't think is that easy, you would need to absolute put the crown in the head, not just drop it.
I am not sure that is the way the Crown works, I would think it has more to do with sacrifice. But who knows?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)