Author Topic: Mab & Ebenezar  (Read 2698 times)

Offline trango

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Mab & Ebenezar
« on: October 16, 2020, 02:28:25 PM »
Did it seem to anyone else that Mab was about to refer to Ebenezar as brother? "br..." before he cut her off.

Is that a possibility? It would definitely provide a base for Margaret's entanglement with the Winter Fae.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Mab & Ebenezar
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 07:42:26 PM »
Did it seem to anyone else that Mab was about to refer to Ebenezar as brother? "br..." before he cut her off.

Is that a possibility? It would definitely provide a base for Margaret's entanglement with the Winter Fae.
If that's the case, we gotta find out how Molly fits in the family tree. One big family business, is Faeryland.

Offline Rigil Kent

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • GURPS: Red Sky (Dresden Files RPG)
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 07:51:09 PM »

No, I don't think that's what was happening. Further along in that chapter, she continues and tells Ebenezar to "brief him on the plan" with regards to Harry. I think that's what she was about to say and just got interrupted.
"My plan is sheer elegance in its simplicity."

Offline whitelaughter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 01:16:25 AM »
If wizards only live for ~500 years, and Mab was old at Hastings, no.
Remember the starborn are having to 'hang on' to still be around at ~700.
A post of "I don't understand" will be ignored. The comment needs to say *what* bits you don't understand, and what bits you think you do, to be be worth responding to.

Offline trango

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 09:12:29 PM »
If wizards have a roughly 500 year lifespan, they could not unreasonably have kids with a huge age difference. Like hundreds of years.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 01:45:26 AM »
If wizards only live for ~500 years, and Mab was old at Hastings, no.
Remember the starborn are having to 'hang on' to still be around at ~700.
They could have a shared fairy parent and be half siblings.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 04:48:09 AM »
I always thought there was some family history with winter.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 02:02:09 AM »
It started out a wizard could live 300 years or so, or was it 200-300. Now we're talking about 500 with a starborn at 700. Next will see Starborns being near immortal.

On an aside - Didn't the Fomor King [can't remember name] say he remembered when Merlin threw out Mab? That would be some 1,400 years ago. I think Eb was previously the Winter Knight and that's how he swindled Mother Winter's cane. The reason Eb is so freaked that Harry is now the Winter Knight too. Eb has a HUGE debt to pay and he knows Winter will collect it.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 03:49:53 AM »
Ancient Mai is 400+. They call her Ancient. She's the exception. Rashid is really old. But that almost certainly has to do with Nevernever time shenanigans. There's no evidences that starborn hang on for 700 years other than theories about Rashid's age and that he's a starborn.

Jim has implied that the Blackstaff came into the councils possession well before Eb's time. He's been kind of vague on it.