Author Topic: What to look for in PT and BG re-read (spoilers obviously)  (Read 1860 times)

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
What to look for in PT and BG re-read (spoilers obviously)
« on: October 14, 2020, 08:35:23 PM »
So what to look for?
Signs of someone being involved in Murphs death
More signs of Harry to become immortal
Justine and outsiders
Someone pushing Rudolf

What else?

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: What to look for in PT and BG re-read (spoilers obviously)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 08:55:37 PM »
So what to look for?
Signs of someone being involved in Murphs death
More signs of Harry to become immortal
Justine and outsiders
Someone pushing Rudolf

What else?

Pay close attention to what the Wardens- Ebenezer, Martha Liberty, and Ramirez- learn/see about Dresden and Winter. How does he appear?

Remember that Ramirez thinks Harry knows about Molly

Think about who now knows Harry has a super powerful athame/Spear of Destiny/Eye of Balor

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 11:40:42 PM »
Who is following Harry or Justine
I guess Marcone behavior.

And I've began rereading PT and I am still angry about the ink dot that Ramirez used. We spend a lot of time reading how careful was JB with the cleaning. Also, there is no explanation of how Ramirez did the actual application of it in Harry's skin. Also, I am angry at Harry not telling the Wardens that he had not slept with Lara. He did not need to tell them who he was sleeping with but at least "no" about the direct question about Lara would have been good.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 06:46:05 AM »
Who is following Harry or Justine
I guess Marcone behavior.

And I've began rereading PT and I am still angry about the ink dot that Ramirez used. We spend a lot of time reading how careful was JB with the cleaning. Also, there is no explanation of how Ramirez did the actual application of it in Harry's skin. Also, I am angry at Harry not telling the Wardens that he had not slept with Lara. He did not need to tell them who he was sleeping with but at least "no" about the direct question about Lara would have been good.
Yes, but the wounds were on the palms of his hands, so that is where the attention would be.  To concentrate on removing all the tiny bits of dirt from a wound isn't easy, so it the dot was on the back of the hand or the wrist it could easily have been missed. 

I think it was Rudolph and Bradley following Harry.

Harry doesn't kiss and tell, and I think I'd resent it too if someone sniffed me, or whatever she did and demanded to know who I had sex with. I doubt they'd have believed him anyway, that is the way the "conversation" was going.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 07:27:31 AM »
You are probably right in that
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 08:22:34 AM »
The part with the ink dot is also what bothered me the most, out of both books actually.

"He held up a hand. I bumped fists with him. “What brings you out from the coast?”

"I held up my wrist so that the spot of black ink Ramirez had put there was showing.“

How does Ramirez put an ink dot on Harry's wrist in a first bump? Is there something I missed?

I did like Harry's (maybe) subconscious winter reaction of getting payback pretty fast though

Offline Telynn

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 12:51:41 PM »
The part with the ink dot is also what bothered me the most, out of both books actually.

"He held up a hand. I bumped fists with him. “What brings you out from the coast?”

"I held up my wrist so that the spot of black ink Ramirez had put there was showing.“

How does Ramirez put an ink dot on Harry's wrist in a first bump? Is there something I missed?

I did like Harry's (maybe) subconscious winter reaction of getting payback pretty fast though

I missed that too when I read it.  It was my husband that was like "Rameriz didn't touch him." and I went and re-read.  I can't find where they touched other then the fist bump.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 02:41:47 PM »
I missed that too when I read it.  It was my husband that was like "Rameriz didn't touch him." and I went and re-read.  I can't find where they touched other then the fist bump.

Only explanation is the dot had been there for a while, as in pre Peace Talks.  Indelible ink can last on the skin for a long time, magical indelible ink may be harder yet to remove.  All that says given what Eb was so upset about at the beginning of the book that they were going to vote Harry out, says Carlos and Company had had Harry under surveillance for a long time.  And if the dot was small enough, Harry wouldn't notice it or if he did, think anything of it. 

What I am wondering rereading the final interaction between Justine/HWWBehind and Harry, about their efforts to distract Harry so they could break out the inmates of Demonreach, and what Carlos said to him as to how he was voted out.  The point of that is to divide and conquer on the part of Nemesis, I bet at least one on the Senior Council is infested, they want Harry out of the way because he will find out.  I wouldn't be shocked if it was The Merlin who is our man.. Interesting don't you think that he wasn't even mentioned or barely mentioned in both books, and those talks were supposed to be important, yet he wasn't there.